All reviews front desk pizza hut laundry room special thanks taco bell excellent service dominican republic breakfast buffet make you feel at home business center the hotel staff hotel is centrally located room service would highly recommend this hotel punta cana home away from home hotel restaurant
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I’ve bring a group of 20 colleagues, we spent 2 night in our way to and from Punta Cana. Today in the morning, 20 persons trying to get a bath before taking a plane ✈️ to Panama, at 5 am in the morning and the hotel ran out of water. There were no water even to wash our faces and have a mouthwash, and there were no back up plan. This is the first time in my entire life traveling that I (or we, the 20 of us) cant take a bath before taking a flight. This is really a very bad experience, no hotel should be allowed not to have a back up plan if there is a trouble like we had today. The inhability to find any solution is very visible in their employees.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
CourtyardStoDgo, General Manager at Courtyard By Marriott Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Marielena U:

I'm so sorry to hear this unfortunate situation occurred to you and your group during the checkout process last Saturday morning. As you recall and I'll use your words, this is the first time in the entire hotel history we experienced a situation like this. As you mention, a proper answer was not provided by the team, not due to the lack of empathy or knowledge, but to the lack of experience while handling this specific issue. Unfortunately, due to a major water break in one of the floors, we were force to immediately shut down the entire water system in the facility. This situation occurred approximately 20 minutes prior of your departure and it was fixed within a time frame of 30 minutes in total. Unfortunately, the checkout process of the group occurred during this inevitable 30 minute timeframe, were the entire water system was down.

I'm terribly sorry that this issue had concurred with your departure and yes the reality of traveling in this condition is not pleasant.
Our engineering team worked with the process and was able to restate all systems; thankfully no additional situations from guest were reported.

This is a 100% isolated event and we are extremely sorry for what happened. We have partner your travel coordinator, to continue fulfilling your needs for future events.

Please accept our deepest apologizes and I do hope you can give us another opportunity to stay with us in the future.

Best Regards,
Yudit Garcia
Courtyard by Marriott Santo Domingo

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel, a special thanks goes to front desk for being very attentive. Dayanara and Juanita from Housekeeping did a tremendous job, very dedicated and professional. I will definely return to the Courtyard

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel have a very comfortable rooms and a great place to eat and not only that, but the hotel it's located at the center of the city or in a very accessible area very professional employees and very clean place too

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018

From August 6-8, we organized a meeting woth the participation of several Latin American countries. It was a great experience. The support received from the hotel staff was marvelous. Every single participant was very satisfied. Special thanks to Rocio Fernandez and Tatiana Fedosova. Restaurant staff was very nice and always willing to help. Food was very good. Transportation from and to the airport was on time well identified waiting for the group. Meeting room very clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of a place to have a conference or business meeting in Santo DOmingo.

Room tip: rooms in the first floor are close to the gym and the pool
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

It’s been a while since the last time I visited Santo Domingo for business, nevertheless all staff remembered who I was and made everything possible to make my stay special.

This is definitely a reason to continue choosing this hotel for every visit I do to Dominican Republic.

Congrats to all Courtyard Santo Domingo staff.

Date of stay: July 2018