US$215
US$135
Scuba Lodge & Suites(Willemstad)
US$127
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
US$74
Orbitz.com
Apolonia Boutique Hotel Curacao(Willemstad)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$54
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$93
Adonai Hotel Boutique(Willemstad)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$118
ABC Apartments(Willemstad)
US$172
B&B Sombre di Kabana(Willemstad)(Great Value!)
US$96
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbedroom villamambo beachgrocery storeprivate poolpowder roomshuttle servicelarge kitchenrented a carhousekeeping did a great jobamazing poolmaintenance issuesbeds were comfortabledish soapdaily shuttlethe general managercoffee makerliving area
Reviewed 11 April 2016

I stayed in a 1 bedroom villa thru Interval International. The overall resort and villa is really nice and quiet. And the staff is nice as expected.

What bothered me that I can't get over is security walking onto my back patio and thru my back garden at 10:30pm and closing my bathroom window from the outside and checking if my back patio doors are locked...these happened on separate occasion.

I was scared. I am in bed and I hear noise and someone trying to open my patio doors. I called to complain and they assured me that they are not trying to get in, but that they are checking if my doors are locked.

I was very upset. What are they thinking? No warning on, by the way we have security walking around at 10:30pm to check if your doors are locked. Or why not just tell us when we check in "please lock all of your doors at night". Or call me! And say, hello we would like to remind you to lock your doors...something.

What if my doors weren't locked and now I have a man inside my villa while I am in bed? I just don't get it.

Aside from that, the shower is way too small for how big the bathroom and villa is. I am a size 2 and I could barely fit.

And lastly, there is no towels in the fitness room.

I went to the lobby and told them in person to not come check on my doors anymore and that I lock them...I went to bed uneasy waiting to hear someone walk onto my back patio...I just can't express how upsetting and wrong this is.

On better notes...they do not have convenient store so they have daily shuttles to the grocery store and shuttle to downtown for free.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
ACOYACuracao, Guest Relations Manager at ACOYA Curacao Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2016

Dear Laetitia,

Thank you for sharing your personal experience. Please accept our apologies for this, which we have discussed in depth with the security department. We have adjusted the procedures with immediate affect.

We are hoping to welcoming and seeing you again at your next visit to Curacao.

Guest Relations Department

Reviewed 11 April 2016

We booked this hotel based on the reviews here on Tripadvisor..And I must admit, we were very disappointed with this hotel.

Positives:
- Hotel is new, and the compound is clean and well kept
- Rooms were overall airy and clean
- The pool and poolside were stunning
- Staff was very friendly

In addition, the hotel provides complimentary shuttle to the supermarket and to the beach and to Willemstadt centre

Now to the not so good parts:
- Gym was filthy. They were doing some renovations next door, but the gym was not cleaned once in the near two weeks we were there!! A lot of room for improvement here.
- The hotel states it has evening entertainment. This was a lie, no entertainment the whole time we were there.
- Hotel restaurant boasts about happy hour. This was a lie, no happy hour or special deal. Prices in the bar and restaurant was outright expensive!!
- Where is the spa?? It states it has a spa etc, yet it could not be found and no information available....
- No complimentary water in the room and no welcome drink upon arrival. Claiming to be a 4 star hotel, this is the least one would expect.
- Our bathroom was "filthy". Not in the sense of being unclean as such, but it seems renovations had taken place and so there was spilled paint stains everywhere on the floors etc, making the place look very un-appetizing.
- Breakfast not included in the price...
- No refill of tea and coffee in the room (unless you finally ask for it)
- The staff in restaurant starts clearing your plate away while you are eating (!?!??). this is really not a done thing....

Overall I found this hotel to be over priced, located in the middle of nowhere and the information on the internet to be incorrect.. However, this place has lots of potential and a few small changes will go a long way.

Firstly, Management need to seriously ensure that the information listed on their website is correct!!! (i.e. if you don't have happy hour, spa and fantastic gym, then don't state you do..)

The gym will be ok if only it was cleaned up.

A welcome drink (like advertising for your local drink of Curacao) would be a nice touch..

Offering complimentary water in the room would go a long way..

Also, the shuttle service is great, however still some room for potential:
- inform your guests that there is an admission fee to the beach, for which we were told you provide free entrance tickets..This we were only told once we got there!!!
- Perhaps also offer one shuttle pick up in the evening??

There is no information provided on local excursions, tours or trips. Generally a lack of information provided when you arrive...

Conclusion: We would not stay at this hotel again, and probably
not recommend it to others...

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to apologize that the expectations were not met and thank you for sharing your experience. This informations are very valuable for our organization and the only way to learn, improve and upgrade.

At this moment we are busy with evaluating the activities in Acoya Hotel, Suites & Villas.

We are sorry to hear that you were not informed that the front desk is equipped with a extensive tour map and our Front Office Agents are always ready to help you with booking tours/renting a car etc.. Unfortunately we did not receive your comments regarding your room, to immediately react.

Thank you very much for the review and we hope you choose Acoya Hotel, Suites & Villas for your next trip to our beautiful island.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

My wife and I spent a week at Acoya in early March 2016. It's a beautiful resort! We're owners at Marriott Vacation Club and we were lucky to arrange a trade for our week. The landscaping at Acoya is tastefully tropical and well maintained. The front desk personnel are friendly and helpful. The location of the resort on the island is convenient to Willemstad. I would advise renting a car. There are some relatively minor shortcomings at Acoya: 1) the king bed is really 2 twin beds pushed together, and the beds aren't all that comfortable when compared to all Marriotts. 2) the coffee maker in the units are not what we're used to. They brew 1 tiny cup (demitasse size) at a time. It takes 3 of brewing cycles to fill a mug. 3) the walls of the villas are very thin and don't provide any sound barrier. This lack of sound proofing caused a problem one night between us and the couple staying in the efficiency villa attached to our 1 bedroom unit. Overall, Acoya is a very nice resort and these issues I mentioned are what kept me from awarding 5 stars!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Will,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant experience, constructive observations and placing this review.

We are happy that you enjoyed our services and are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon, so we might receive the 5th star.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 19 March 2016

This is a hidden jewel in Curaçao. First the drawback.....it's not on the beach BUT the beach is a 5 minute drive and downtown Willemstad is a 15 minute ride away. Was not easy at first finding the hotel as the sigh is not very prominent from the road. Was a bit concerned with the surrounding neighborhood but the property is very safe, security at the gate 24 hours and had zero issues..... ...Their staff is incredible, very friendly and so accommodating. Rented a 1 bedroom villa and was pleasantly surprised. Well appointed, full kitchen, modern and very well maintained. Only minor issues were the king bed was actually 2 doubles pushed together and the beautiful patio faced a wall. Make for a bit more privacy.... Would have also likes a TV in the living room but not a big deal.....grounds are very well maintained, pool and lake inviting and relaxing.....Only ate at the restaurant once but food was good, nothing spectacular but very good. Would recommend renting a car.....driving was not a big deal and everything is in close proximity.....would absolutely stay here a ganging on my next visit....

Room Tip: Stay in a villa.....private, spacious, modern....
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
ACOYACuracao, Team Acoya at ACOYA Curacao Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2016

Dear Richard,

Thank you for the feedback and the time you took.

We hope we will meet you soon again on Curacao in Acoya!

Team Acoya

Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

Just returned from 7 nights on Interval getaway. ..The resort is beautiful, very well maintained and very secure. The staff was absolutely amazing, from the front desk to ALL of the Security team! Our 1 bedroom villa was gorgeous and absolutely huge! Rented a car one day (its an adventure with almost no street signs!) And spent 2 days at Mambo Beach...this was our first visit to Curaçao and probably won't be the last...
Suggestions for improvement as a long time Interval member...
-Welcome drinks for your guests. .the bar is RIGHT therr...offer a rum punch or other island cocktail if the day (goes a long way!)
-build a small Laundry facility . First timeshare we have stayed at that did NOT have a small are to do Laundry. ..the price was ridiculous to have it done
-small amenities in the room...a roll of paper towels, napkins, salt pepper etc
-for such a HUGE room the shower was tiny (i mean tiny!) and a king bed would be much better than 2 twins!

I know this is a new resort so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that these easy fixes are on the way!

Huge shout out to Eugene...so helpful to us for short rides and SO many other items..Thank you SO much

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Respone, Manager at ACOYA Curacao Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments of your stay and the time you took to complete it. We certainly appreciate your feedback and recommendations. We are looking into installing a washer and dryer combo as well as implementing a welcome cocktail.

The resort is as oyu mentioned new and we are planning activities during the day and entertainment during the evening. This shall commence very shortly.

We are presently addressing the smaller showers and we have already started converting the smaller ones into larger units. Most of our rooms do have larger showers.

Again, thank you for your feedback and recommendations and we would be looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Best Regards