“Best adventure in Curaçao!”
Review of Bounty Adventures

Bounty Adventures
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This was by far the best adventure we did in Curaçao. The entire island was wonderful and had so much to offer. His tour stood out though! The catamaran half day snorkel tour was an amazing experience because not only was it beautiful but Eugene, Ian, Fernando, and chef made our time that much more incredible. They were so friendly and fun. The Jonalissa was beautiful and well maintained. It was also captained perfectly and was very comfortable. The dive spots were stunning. The whole crew was patient and inviting. We were sad when our time came to an end and wish we did a full day! I also want to add that the lunch was absolutely delicious. We are so very grateful for our time on board and with the crew. Thank you so much!

All reviews
"ship wreck"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Reviewed 4 June 2018

My husband and I really enjoy sailing, so when we went to Curacao for our honeymoon (May 13-23, 2018) we knew we wanted to charter a sailboat at some point during our trip. After reading some reviews, we decided to book a day trip to Klein Curacao with Bounty Adventures on Monday, May 21. Because we were staying at the Marazul Dive Resort in Westpunt (the opposite end of the island) we had a very early start to our day. Pro tip: traffic on the island is crazy during rush hour (6-8am), so unless you are staying close to the marina, allow plenty of time for the commute. We left Westpunt around 6am and got there at 7:35am. (Check-in starts at 7:30am)

There were about 20 other passengers on our sailing trip. Our captain was Eugene, and crew was Anna Maria and Mousey (?). They were fantastic. Anna Maria gave the introductions and rules/tips before we set sail and she was also constantly moving around the boat during our trip checking on the guests to make sure they were okay.

The trip to Klein Curacao was rough because we were going against the current. 8-10ft swells were typical and we were all soaked within minutes. As someone who is prone to sea sickness, car sickness, and motion sickness in general, I knew going into the trip that I was going to have some issues. I learned a trick sailing when I was younger that REALLY helped me out on the ride to Klein Curacao and I hope it can help some other people...
***With one hand grad your opposite wrist as if taking your pulse - place your thumb on the inner part of your wrist (where your pulse is located) about an inch below your palm and with your other four fingers support the outside of your wrist. Apply enough pressure so that it is slightly uncomfortable, like a nurse taking your blood pressure, but not so much that it's painful. I use my left hand to hold my right wrist. Doing this the entire time that you are sailing will greatly alleviate any feelings of nausea. I can promise you if I didn't do this I would have been throwing up the entire time. In the past, I've used wristbands specifically designed for this purpose, but I'm not sure where you can buy them or what they are called.***

When we arrived at the island around 9:45 (we left around 8:15), I had a headache, but my nausea was minimal and it went away quickly after going ashore.

Klein Curacao is a beautiful, uninhabited, quiet, island with a sandy white beach for relaxing, a light house and two ship wrecks for exploring, and crystal clear tortoise water perfect for snorkeling. We saw multiple sea turtles while snorkeling throughout the course of the day.

Lunch was served around 12:30pm on the boat. My husband and I are both vegan so we were a little concerned about the food options on our trip. When you make your reservation online, there is a place to indicate dietary restrictions, allergies, etc. We selected vegetarian (vegan wasn't an option) and indicated that we had a dairy allergy and hoped for the best. Let me tell you lunch was delicious! Our options included red beans, yellow rice, and a delicious peanut sauce (I can't verify with 100% certainty that the peanut sauce was vegan, but traditionally, it is). The other guests enjoyed pasta salad, and various grilled meats with bread. I'm not sure if this is the standard fare, or if they made beans because they were expecting vegetarians, but lunch was absolutely delicious and my husband and I both had second helpings. They also served alcohol on the boat, but I chose not to partake (due to the sea sickness).

The trip back was exponentially more enjoyable. Smooth sailing, warm sun, full bellies and new friends. Despite the rough ride out, the rest of the day made this trip 100% worth it and my husband and I would absolutely do it again. Thank you, Bounty Adventures, for a wonderful day and memorable honeymoon experience!

Side note: If you're a fan of The Bachelorette, Emily Maynard's 2012 season featured a sailing date to Klein Curacao with Arie (no comment) and Bounty Adventures. So, you can tell your friends that you sailed on the same boat as The Bachelorette.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile