“Excellent as Advertised”

WannaBike
Ranked #26 of 164 Outdoor Activities in Curacao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A WannaBike mountain bike tour is a real ‘Go Local’ experience. You ride through the untouched nature, enjoy the beautiful vistas and in the meantime learn about the rich history of the island.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I first contacted WannaBike via email a month or so before my cruise to schedule a bike tour with my father-in-law. Email questions, etc., to the company were returned promptly and my tour was scheduled for the morning we docked. We were met at the dock by our guide for that morning, Claudio, who drove us to the bike shop. We were fitted for the bike, given a helmet and 2 water bottles. We were then off on our bike tour, about 7+ miles, I had requested a shorter ride, my father-in-law 70 and it was his first ride since last October. We visited two fortresses, rode along the salt flats and took in some great scenery. Claudio was very knowledgeable and a great tour guide. I will definitely go back for another tour the next time I visit. The price is right and please give your tour guide a little extra if deserved...

All reviews
"riders"
in 8 reviews
"route"

Reviewed 19 April 2018

We biked through Curaçao with Walter and it was absolutely incredible! The ride was challenging but totally managaeable. He provides you with tons of history and facts that you’d never hear outside of this tour. If you do one thing in Curaçao, book a tour with Wanna Bike!! You will not regret it!!!!

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Super experience on Curaçao!
Even on Sunday there was someone to guide us during this amazing tour! We saw places you normally wouldn't discover.
The material was very good to ride and we had a fantastic guide, Walter. He was super social and enthustiastic to guide us, show us a couple techniques and most of all teach us a bit of history of Curaçao.
I would recommend it to anyone.You can even chose on which level you want to ride.It was a unique and sportive experience!
It was definitely worth the money!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I did two tours with Wannabike and would like to have done more.
The first time out was a nearly 22 mile/2 1/4 hour ride with Claudio, much of which was along the seaside cliffs with an incredible view. We also stopped at an abandoned plantation house and hiked through a cave full of bats to reach the top of a cliff for an amazing view! Claudio gave us some insight about other areas of the island which allowed us to see a few other sites we might have otherwise missed.
The second time out was a 10 mile/3 hour ride with Walter. Walter took us on a tour of Fort Beekenburg. We'd seen the buildings when we were on a dive trip but didn't realize they were so accessible. Walter was a good tour guide as well as a bike guide, and gave us a bit of the Fort's history.
The Mountain Bike World Cup was held on Curacao some years back and Walter took us on part of the route they used prior to riding through a densely wooded area which Walter explained was all Brazilian wood. It figures, since it was about the only plant we saw that didn't have thorns!
We stopped to see a pair of Warawara birds - this is the only avian predator on Curacao. The female was in a cactus having lunch while the male stood watch nearby.
Keep in mind all of the plant life on Curacao is unfriendly. Rides go through areas populated with thorny things and while the difficulty level is not high, there is definitely a penalty for error. I'd suggest bringing gloves and sunglasses at minimum. Wannabike provides helmets and they looked like quality items, but I took my own so didn't wear theirs.
Riding these tours gives you views of the island you won't see any other way. I enjoyed these rides a great deal and would highly recommend Wannabike.