“Excellent Authentic Italian Food”

La Carboncita Paladar
Ranked #47 of 901 Restaurants in Havana
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2018

This was an excellent restaurant and well worth the short taxi ride from Habana Vieja to Miramar. The ambience is excellent both in the front and side of the restaurant as well as the back. I ate there twice and found that the food was exceptionally well prepared on each occasion. The pasta is homemade and absolutely delicious. We had excellent service on both days. For cigar aficionados, the outdoor format of the restaurant allows smoking outdoors without disturbing other patrons. I would select a tomato based rather than a cream based pasta sauce. I tried both and found the tomato to be better. There is a wide selection of cocktails so you can explore these while enjoying your dinner. There is a selection of homemade tropical ice creams for dessert, which I also recommend. Overall, it was an excellent dining experience.

2  Thank TorontoLCT

Reviewed 10 July 2018

The best Italian restaurant in Havana. A very good bruschetta, just like the Italian one. All the ingredients I tasted were directly imported from Italy in order to ensure the best quality.

1  Thank fulviodifrancesco
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

The pasta was off the charts. My South African friend suggested this place. The sauce, the pasta, the ambiance, the service was all fantastic. I found the prices to be very fair, actually I was expecting the bill to be much more. Highly recommend ! The chef is outstanding.

1  Thank Chirs416
Reviewed 13 June 2018

The food here was delicious. We had dinner two days there and the customer services were amazing. Thanks to Norge for your help. We really enjoyed having dinner in this restaurant.

1  Thank Fernando F
Reviewed 13 May 2018

I had the costilla de cerdo when I really wanted the pierna de cerdo. After being told what was the difference between costilla de cerdo and pierna de cerdo. I choosed pierna de cerdo but the waiter kept insisting on costilla de cerdo. Fine, bring me costilla de cerdo. I must say that it was excellent. One of the best coffee that I had in Cuba.

2  Thank Euroviking