“Amazing”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Cuban, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "It's the most famous of Havana's Paladares" New York Times, August 2002. "The greatest and most magical is La Guarida, so magical that it is temting to protect it by witholding its address" The Guardian, February 2001. "The city's best restaurant....La Guarida is the hardest table to reserve on the island this remains the hippest best restaurant in Havana" Cigar Aficionado, June 2001.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fantastic food and drinks, really good customer service, amazing ambience, and topped off with unbeatable views of Havana. Don't go to Havana without making a reservation at this hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,983)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When you tell a local you're having dinner here they look at you with envy and recall their most favourite meal. This is old Havana style and located in a very worn part of the city. Photos line the walls of celebrities who have dined here. It feels special and somewhat stately. If it wasn't so famous I'd say it was a hidden gem as a small sign and a large doorman are the only giveaways there is a restaurant on the top floor of this building which many families also call home. Our meal and drinks were satisfactory and we were grateful to have the experience of dining at La Guarida, however there are some new, young, fresh restaurants opening up in Havana that I would recommend as must-dining experiences over La Guarida.

2  Thank 1967-lady
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We had a reservation for the night that we arrived in Havana. We were seated immediately in a room with a table of 20 people and about for other tables. The table is 20 was so loud you could hardly have a conversation at our table. The food was good I would not say it was exceptional. Before I went back I will try some other places.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Took a late dinner reservation ( only available) -9:30 due to my desire to experience this famous restaurant. Service was slow but staff was very attentive. Food was good, but not outstanding as anticipated. Room was very warm, and fans would have been appreciated. Prices were reasonable-

1  Thank Janet D
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

After having heard so many wonderful comments about “La Guarida” my husband and I decided to give it a shot. Decor in my opinion is mediocre, but oh well, the mojitos were good so we ordered, appetizers came fast but main course took forever, we were starving, ordered the lobster on the chef’s recommendation, after 45 min it finally arrived, well, it was uncooked, I could not eat it, the waitress could not help but noticed we were not eating, I explained my concern to what she explained some customers prefer it “medium rare”!! Seriously? Lobster medium rare? Never in my life i have heard of medium rare shellfish, they offered to take out of the bill but we refused, paid for it and left, but maybe it was just a bad day for them. I would not come back!

2  Thank Sandra D