“Perfect Location & Perfect Experience”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Living Room
Bedroom
Bedroom 2
Bedroom 3
St Peters Royal Chapel
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
IrixGuy
Huntsville, Alabama
“Perfect Location & Perfect Experience”
Reviewed 22 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

The experience could not have been more perfect! A college buddy and I were looking for an affordable place to stay in Bermuda and I found this cottage on TripAdvisor. At the time of booking it did not have any reviews yet but Julian (the owner) was prompt to respond and thoroughly answered all of my questions regarding the cottage. I immediately booked through TripAdvisor and the payment process was super smooth! Julian made our taxi arrangements, so upon arrival, our taxi driver Quinton Bean was right outside the front door of the airport. He was super friendly and drove us within a few feet of our cottage (the street where the cottage is located is too narrow for cars). Claire politely greeted us at the cottage and provided us with a quick walkthrough, as well as familiarized us with accessing wireless Internet, TV, using the air conditioner, fold-out sofa, etc. After becoming situated, we walked to downtown St. George's (about a three minute walk) to grab food and our mopeds. The moped rental place (Oleander Cycles), grocery store, restaurants and bus stop are all less than a five minute walk away! This is a prime location and Bermuda is safe to roam around throughout the day and night. In fact, Bermudians are some of the most friendly people that I have met in the world! I recommend renting a moped but the bus is the second most affordable transportation option (it runs about every hour up until 11:45PM or so at night), followed by the taxis which run 24x7. If you don't have the desire to leave St. George, there are plenty of places to go in walking distance too. The cottage itself was very awesome! We were only there to sleep, since we were exploring the island from dawn to dusk via mopeds but it was extremely well furnished. All of the appliances were modern and it even had a Viking stove! The bed and sleeper sofa were both nice and the way that the restroom was located between the two rooms (door on each side) made it easy for the person sleeping in the bedroom or sleeper sofa to get up during the night to use the restroom without waking the person in the other room. The backyard was very nice and there was a deck area too. I cannot think of anything that could have made this cottage/location more prefect. Please feel free to check out the photos that I have posted during the stay and feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions. We explored the island tip-to-tip multiple days via moped and I'll be happy to share whatever information with you that may be beneficial from a tourist's perspective. There is plenty of room outside of the cottage door on the narrow street to park your mopeds by the way. On our departure day, Quinton was there right on time to take us back to the airport. Julian even allowed us to leave our checked bags in the back of the cottage, until we returned the cell phone and key before catching the taxi with Quinton to the airport. This is an experience that should trump most "five star" resorts in my opinion!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and how convenient the check-in & check-out process was
Liked least: I have nothing negative to share
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
playaregu...
USA
“Fantastic stay.”
Reviewed 14 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

Just returned from my second stay and had a wonderful experience. This cottage is perfectly located, the proximity to town and the beach is excellent. It has been renovated and the kitchen and bathroom are quite beautiful and modern. The yard is very private and we enjoyed dining outside. I love everything about Bermuda and quaintness of St. George's. I can't imagine staying anywhere else, thank you to the owner who was very hospitable. We will be back!!!!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
People with disabilities Older travelers
wendy5o4
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Not What We Expected”
Reviewed 3 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

Our group stayed here for 8 days and we were not expecting much - only the basics - but the experience was anything but positive. Let's start off with:

PROS:
1. Location is ideal and only a 3 minute walk to the bus station, City Center, grocery store and nearby restaurants and shops (including the well know perfumery). Also, it's about a 15 minute walk to Tobacco Bay Beach, Fort St. Catherine, Beach House, etc.
2. Rent was reasonable by Bermuda standards and we paid about $150 per night.
3. Description of the rental as being newly renovated was a plus.
4. All amenities listed were provided, but some did not work properly (see below for more information).
5. VR owner set-up our taxi pick-up and drop off in advance.
6. There was a cellphone provided in case we needed to call locally.
7. Wi-fi was provided.

CONS:
1. No informative checklist or direct contact person provided in case rentees encounter any issues (which we did). See below.
2. Wireless Internet did not work the first day (emailed VR owner and never received a response). I had to comb the rental to find the router.
3. Washer did not "spin" properly and clothing came out soaking wet. On the 4th day, it miraculously started working.
4. Bed linen and blankets appeared not clean and/or very old and washed too many times.
5. No hot water to shower 50% of the time and the bathroom sink had no hot water.
6. Some of the knobs on the cooker were not working.
7. Lint, dead bugs/roaches on the floor and under the beds (even though we paid a $75 cleaning fee).
8. Ants were prevalent in the kitchen and laundry area.
9. The outside garden appeared not maintained for weeks and tall grass and weeds were everywhere.
10. Roof started leaking in the bedroom and laundry area on the 3rd day.
11. Mold formed as a result in the bedroom area.
12. Curtain also fell off in the bedroom area as a result of the roof leaks (humidity).
13. Was informed by VR owner's mother that VR owner would contact me but never did. She stated he was not returning until "next week"
14. On our last day (Sunday), everyone in our group departed early to the airport except one of us and was given permission by the VR owner's cleaner to stay until 6 pm (when his taxi would pick him up) since she was not going to be back to clean until Monday. This was not the case and the VR owner surprisingly showed up (even though we were - again - informed he was not returning until "next week"). He told my friend that one of his rentees was checking in 1 day early so my friend had to leave. My friend requested the VR owner give him 30 minutes to pack up for which the VR owner replied, "How about 20?" Upon further research, the VR owner's calendar shows his rental was still available to rent from that day after until 9/5 so...

This experience did not leave me with a negative impression of Bermuda (because Bermudians in general are friendly and gracious), but due to the numerous maintenance deficiencies, no or lack of communication from the VR owner, and the inhospitable treatment towards the end of our stay, I would not recommend this rental to anyone. Next I return to Bermuda, I will pay much more and stay somewhere else.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location and price
Liked least: the deceptive tactics by the VR owner
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
1 Oct 2014
I am sorry your stay was not what you expected, I was off the Island for the duration of your stay though I retain complete confidence in my property manager and the policies in place that swiftly dealt with the major issues you encountered. I understand the approaching hurricane caused internet disruptions and flooding throughout the Island and would have put a damper on your trip. I do offer guests the option to check out late if there are no further bookings on the day of checkout and will continue to do so as a courtesy and convenience when possible. There was unfortunately a last minute booking on another website which necessitated having to ask your last guest to leave earlier than anticipated though this was still 2 hours beyond the normal 11am checkout time, I again apologise for the inconvenience this caused.
Animalia2...
Vermont
“Great location, great price; clean and comfortable.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

We were going to be over our limit at our St George's Club cottage and needed nearby space for less than the club would have charged us, and Threadneedle cottage was perfect. It was very quiet, and a very easy walk to the Club, stores, restaurants, beaches. Although we didn't use it much, the kitchen seemed very gourmet and well stocked (except for lacking a coffee maker), there was a cute private outdoor area and the Internet was fast and reliable (much better than the club's). We will definitely book here again next time we need the extra space, which might be next year.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing