3,140 results
All reviews vista ii red parrot pizza vista building divi aruba palm grill sandpiper bar our honeymoon beautiful beach sister hotel garden view pelican terrace make reservations buffet restaurant thomson rep a la carte restaurants nightly entertainment
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had a lovely two weeks at this hotel as it is a beautiful resort. We were checked into the hotel on the transfer coach so the holiday started once we reached the hotel. Slightly disappointed in no welcome drinks and that we had to ask where our room was on the resort. Rooms were clean, tidy and comfortable and were cleaned daily. We spent most of our time relaxing by the pool and we were looked after by Alicia who kept us well hydrated throughout the day. We watched the sunset each night at the Pelican bar and was looked after by Betsy and the bar staff. The beach was a few steps away from the hotel and we had a lovely walk along the beach. We visited the speciality restaurants throughout our stay and didn’t find any difficulty in booking those. We did like the concept of the Palm grill (where you cook your meat on a hot grill) but didn’t like sharing our table with random couples from the hotel (they are tables of four). The water is clean and drinkable, on checking in you are each given a water bottle and there are various water stations around to top them up. You can take your own drinking vessel and have drinks put in those. There is a coffee machine by reception which is free to use at any time. We would recommend the Jeep baby beach tour as you will see 95% of the island in a day and the Catamaran snorkelling trip.
Our only negatives of this hotel is that it needs more toilets other than the ones in reception. In the buffet restaurant guests were coming in with no shoes and beachwear straight from the pool or beach, guests should cover up (not with a towel as some did!). I know its personal standards but I dont think its hygienic around food. Also, there should be no smoking in the outside parts of the restaurants as they are still slightly enclosed.
If you are visiting Aruba this hotel is must as you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Visit the Red Parrot restaurant
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank elizabethjcray
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the divi in May 2017 as a family of 4 with 2 children age 9 and 7 . We stayed in the new block where the rooms were well presented , good furniture and immaculate .The grounds were well maintained and the beach superb.

The option to use the Tamarijn is an added bonus attracting a generally younger crowd .Buggies are available to transport between resorts .

We mainly used the restaurants of an evening where the food was plentiful , nicely presented and of good quality . Both buffets had a good range of food that was nicely presented and again of good quality . We have the fussiest of eaters with our youngest and never encountered a problem . If I had to nit pick , At times in the restaurants the service can be a little on the slow side but nothing that caused any concern .

The staff overall friendly and well mannered , occasional long waits for drinks ect but other times served immediately .

Overall a very good holiday . Was it perfect no , but then again this is not a 5 star hotel and if I was an habitual complainer I could find fault but there were nothing that I could sit and complain over .

Stayed: October 2017
5  Thank Daitil
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We just returned last night after a week-long stay at this fine resort. It was our first trip to Aruba so we have no Aruban comparison to share. However, we are experienced Caribbean luxury travelers so this can be considered as I run down the bullet points. Here we go:

Location/View
- The beach and ocean are the best we have ever experienced. Sugar sand and aqua blue water is unparalleled as far as we are concerned.
- The sunsets every night at dinner time were phenomenal ! It seemed like the entire resort was at the beach around 6 every night to appreciated it and get photos. We have hundreds and they are breath-taking.

Food/Food Service
- The food quality and variety are good at both the buffet and the a la carte restaurants and the wait staffs are very friendly.
- There are only 5 A-La-Carte Restaurants (2 at Divi/3 at Tamarijn) so the offering is somewhat limited vs. similar sized resorts where we have stayed.
- THERE IS NO ROOM SERVICE AT ALL...NONE WHATSOEVER. We found that as a real negative especially since there are NO SNACKS IN THE ROOM AT ALL EITHER !

Pools
- Only 3 and they are small. The main pool is crowded and did I mention this resort allows children ?? If you are used to Adult Only All-Inclusive as we are, you will be disappointed. It was not bad, but there are a fair amount of families with kids that fill the pool, make noise and splashing, etc.
- There is NO SWIM-UP BAR, and NO BAR SERVICE AT THE POOL OR BEACH. This is not a huge deal but if you are expecting it you will be disappointed.
-You get ONE pool towel per person and that's it ! You have to give them a key for it and you get it back when you return the towel.

Activities/Entertainment
-Very limited.
- They advertise a "FREE" Tennis Lesson 2 days/week. I went both days but NO ONE EVER SHOWED UP AND NO ONE KNEW WHY! I got up early on vacation, went to the court, signed up, waited, TWICE, and no one knew where the "pro" was or gave a damn.
- There is a water aerobics class every morning, bingo by the pool, and pool volleyball at 2 pm each day. Not much else in the way of activities.
- Evening entertainment was mostly singing acts or bands which were very good. Not much else.

Rooms/Views/Amenities
-This is where I am going to be highly critical...
-We paid the "OCEAN VIEW" premium ($570/day) and our first room HAD ABSOLUTELY NO OCEAN VIEW WHATSOEVER!! We immediately complained and they insisted they had no other rooms and their "CHART" showed it as an "OCEAN VIEW" Room. Please see the picture I am attaching to show you what a joke this was.
- After bugging them about it for 3 days, they finally gave us a room with and actual "OCEAN VIEW".
- In either case, both rooms were sub-par as far as appointment and amenities. NO DRINKS OF ANY KIND IN THE ROOMS. NO FOOD OR SNACKS OF ANY KIND IN THE ROOMS.
- Both of our sinks in the second room were clogged upon arrival. (I'm guessing that's why it was available) THEY FIXED IT QUICKLY AFTER WE REPORTED IT !
- The bed in the first room squeaked horribly on every movement.
-The hall flooded 1 inch deep with no explanation.
- We got NO hot water in the shower of our first room. (got sort of warm only)
-Ice bucket had a hair in it, which they NEVER cleaned for the 3 days we were in that room.

SUMMARY

- Would I recommend this resort if you are going to Aruba ? YES !!!

Caveats if you have been at other "All-Inclusive's;
- NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE ROOMS...NOT EVEN BOTTLED WATER.
- NO ROOM SERVICE
- NO ELEVATORS

Room Tip: Insist that your ocean view room actually has a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 8 September 2018

My husband and I visit the Divi Aruba All inclusive twice a year and always enjoy our time at this resort and always seeing the same familiar faces that treat us like family. If we ever have a problem they are more than happy to assist us in any way possible to resolve the issue, whether it be relocating a room or helping us locate lost luggage. We would like to give a special "shout out" to Miguelina M. who works the breakfast and lunch buffets at the Divi. She is so friendly and is more than willing to get whatever we need. She goes above and beyond to make her customers feel like they are special. We highly recommend this resort !!!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I visited Divi with my daughter, we had a great time. Met some of most wonderful people I’ve every met in my life. Jorginho my bartender awww very nice guy, made the best drinks ever, Iris (Diamonds International) very helpful, so sweet I had to visit her at least 2 times a day, Therwin and Cesi at the Concierge desk. Robertson, Sharella, Atley and many more, they were awesome. Property and the room was very clean. The buffet and restaurants the food was delicious. We just had a really great time and did not want to leave, we are already planning our return. Thanks Divi All Inclusive for such a great experience on 1st visit to Aruba.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family