“Was just OK overall, but safe stable catamaran 80 foot .”

Tropical Adventures - Excellence Catamaran
Book In Advance
More Info
US$100.00*
and up
Sail and Snorkel in Cades Reef
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a first class tour on a 80ft power catamaran, the name says it all! If you want to visit Antigua AND Barbuda by sea, The Excellence is the way to do it! We will pamper you all day with an open bar, and a hot local lunch at midday, and if you want to Snorkel, you can always ask!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We felt very safe even when we spent the usual 20 minutes in open water during our circumnavigation of island . Staff were attentive and pleasant .
The snorkelling was not very good at all. Saw mostly seaweed .
What was amazing was the over vistas of this amazing island from the sea. Boat can carry 140 and was about 1/2 full so didn’t feel cramped. Food was quite good as well.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"small boat"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 21 April 2018

We were in Antigua last week on a Royal Caribbean cruise and had booked this excursion through them. Everything was fine until we hit the Atlantic Ocean, the only thing the staff did was to advise people that the water was going to get rougher than what we had just experienced, and told people they could either sit down on the edge of the boat outside or take a seat inside, they should have advised it was "going to get 10 x as rough". I sat outside since I own a boat and am used to boating, but it was so rough that I had to go inside and was only able to do so with assistance after the waters calmed slightly and they seemed upset that I wanted to go inside, I was totally soaken wet. Then two minutes later, two staff had to bring a lady in that had been pushed to the floor of the boat by a wave and was so afraid that she would be going overboard. She was shaken the entire trip and remained afraid and commented to me if this was the US, you would have had a life jacket on and they should have said how bad the waters were really going to be. I tried to calm her down along with her husband and the staff didn't seem to care.

Then we went snorkeling and the area they took us to had nothing to see.

So in closing, very dangerous, terrible service and snorkeling sucked and so did the entire excursion.

My recommendation, stay away

1  Thank Paula C
Reviewed 15 April 2018

booked this trip with (Frenchie) at the hawksbill on the last full day of my holiday, this was a packed trip most passengers came of the cruise ships in St. John’s harbour. on boarding some of the crew remembered me of wadadli cats trip so I knew this was going to be a excellent tour and it was, as with all cat trips the crew were very (safety minded) again life jacket demo , service with refreshments started as soon as you boarded until you ended the trip can’t fault the crew looked after you all day , I myself gave a nice tip at the end of trip .at green island I think this was the place lunch was served copious amounts was on offer,Sadly the end of day came to quick time to go back to my resort and pack for home . would recommend this trip to anyone who wants adventure and value for money , take the excellence catamaran trip ,thanks for a superb day captain and crew oh and (Frenchie)for getting me on this trip at the last minute.

1  Thank steve a
Reviewed 12 April 2018

One of the highlights of our trip was the Excellence tour. The lunch was very flavorful and the drinks were flowing when they were available. The crew was awesome, but the beach did not provide much shade so if you are not the type to go snorkeling, you might spend your time seeking refuge out of the sun and on the boat at the bar.

1  Thank charisvictory