Lowest prices for your stay
US$247
TripadvisorUS$246
eDreamsUS$247
Trip.comUS$499
1,402 results
All reviews kids club fish activities hut beach front deluxe beachside marine reserve rarotongan beach resort cook islands crab family holiday paddle boards recommend this resort beautiful beach resort staff south pacific kia orana reef shoes
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 March 2020 via mobile

Kia Orana!!!!

Before I decided to book this resort, I read many reviews. Many bad, many were great. I booked this resort, and this was my experience:
From the minute my son and I walked in, we were treated awesome by Frankie. We were offered juice while checking in. He took care of all our needs. Since we rolled in around 8:30am and check in is at 3pm we had a chance to attend Sunday Service were we joined the local congregation for lunch. When we came back to the resort, I found out that management was super kind to let us check in early since our room was ready. We settled and immediately went snorkeling. Now onto ratings:

Front desk: always helpful and friendly. For those complaining about how they are not rushed to cater to you: they will always help! And in a timely manner, not big city rush manner. They took care of my transfers, dinner show and internet questions. If you decide to buy internet package, always re-log in, I had problems and was getting frustrated but the friendly staff called the manager who helped me and had NO further problems! Don’t get mad, just ask!

Room: Our room was spotless & very well kept, I love the fact that the resort took the time to add a twin bed for my son, even though we planned to sleeping on the king size. The room also had an outdoor shower to rinse off sand and the tub in our bathroom had a clothes line for bathing suits!
Microwave, fridge and glasses are provided. Alisa made sure our room was spotless when needed, and stocked. For people complaining about ants by the patio door... hmmm it’s a resort surrounded by nature, not a white room save $15 in resort credit if you skip room service per day, that can get you a couple of cooks lager!

Restaurant/Bar: all day limited items and specialties for certain times of the day, but overall a great selection, we loved the pizza & the hamburgers! Friendly and fast service! Advice: you need to walk up to bar area to place your orders, don’t sit and wait and then complain!!

Pool area: good enough for kids & to sun bathe, but with the gorgeous lagoon just steps away.... why would you be by the pool?!

Activities Hut: all the fun you need!!! I signed up my son for the night snorkeling: he loved it!
Crab hunt & races: super fun! It was our first time and we had a blast! You can also borrow snorkel equipment, wet suits, kayaks, paddle boards and towels here. For some reviewers that bashed the equipment: they do have some older equipment but they also have newer and you can always ask for something different, Mariah, Daisy and the rest of the staff are always smiling and there to help you out!

Gift shop: you seriously have all your basics here without the need to step out of the resort. Snacks, wine, beer, trinkets, sunscreen and great staff.

Beach/grounds: amazing beach!!! Beautiful setting to drink coffee early in the am, and beautiful sunsets! Snorkeling is awesome and we got to see a lot of fish, eels, and stars. With low tide is awesome to go and explore the tide pools. The staff takes care of the grounds all the time, I never once saw trash on the walkways/beach.

I cannot wait to go back to Rarotonga, and I thank the amazing staff at the Rarotongan for making our first time there unforgettable. Frankie I love your smile & humor!!! Daisy, save a giant yummy guava for me! Alisa, don’t ever change how warm and thoughtful you are. Mariah, you are such a hard worker & a great mom. And apologies for all the names That couldn’t stick to my head, but my bar managers, thanks for that lime wedge & salt for my lager without even asking! You absolutely rock! You make the memories for all of us traveling to your beautiful shores, you make the Rarotongan resort special

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 853nessc
Reviewed 21 March 2020

For our 10th wedding anniversary we decided to stay at the Rarotongan after having a great experience at their sister resort The Sanctuary for our honeymoon. Jason made the booking process super easy and gave us such a great deal, I would recommend booking directly with the Rarotongan instead of using a third party site. Upon our arrival Frankie was most welcoming and made checking in a breeze - throughout our stay he was great at answering any questions or queries. Our room was spacious and very clean, we stayed in the deluxe beachside room, Alesi our housekeeper was very warm, friendly and ensured we didn't have any sand in our room, nothing was ever a problem - from getting extra towels or more sugar. We would visit the activities hut several times a day - to get beach towels, paddles for the kayak and flippers etc, Maraea and Daisy were most helpful and friendly especially when I stood on a sea cucumber and had a sticky like web wrapped around my ankle. My son enjoyed the kids club - they do 3 sessions per day (9-12, 2-5 & 7-9), Lottie was amazing with the kids there. The restaurant were fantastic, Tuaine remembered my breakfast order every morning, and Esterlina and Loata were most patient and accommodating with me when I would order lunch and dinner and, Niko had a smile bigger than the Island itself. The kitchen staff / chefs were so accommodating and thoughtful when it came to our food intolerances and went out of their way to ensure we were able to have a 'normal' meal - I couldn't thank them enough. The grounds were immaculate and well maintained.
We recommend you take part in the crab races - the Melbourne Cup has nothing on the Rarotongan crab races!!
Due to the marine reserve being in front of the Rarotongan, you can see fish from the restaurant or less than knee deep water.
We are already planning on coming back next year.

Room tip: You can save yourself $15 per day by opting not to get your room serviced.
Date of stay: March 2020
Inspire26035466177, General Manager at The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2020

thank you Kymm for your review, it is great to hear that you and your family had a great time here at the resort, i will certainly pass on all your comments to the staff.
We would love to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2020 via mobile

We had our wedding at The Rarotongan on the 22nd Feb along with 30 of our family and friends who all stayed here also.

We had heard some average reviews so we're a little aprehensive and weren't sure what to expect however we were really happy!

The rooms could surely do with some touch ups to make them better however they are functional as is. We stayed in the grand beachfront room and it was ideal! We then moved to a deluxe beachfront room and was happy here also.

All the staff were awesome. Housekeeping staff were really friendly. Special mention to our wedding coordinators Tai and Joka. Bar staff Vani and Mama Lo and the ladies in kids club. We felt like we got to know many of the staff during our two weeks and loved the personal greetings we recieved.

Kids club is awesome. The main room does get really hot (no air con as big open windows) so make sure your kids are dressed lightly. Babies room downstairs is nice and cool.

Awesome snorkelling and the pool is beautiful and refreshing. Clean and well maintained. Kids lived in it.

Great to have a restaurant on site with a variety of options. We smashed the kids menu alot of the time.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Tarina, thank you for your review, and it is good to hear you had a fantastic time here, we would certainly love to welcome you back here in the future if your travel plans permit.

Reviewed 12 March 2020

Hi, I had a very unpleasant and disappointing trip to your resort on the morning of March 11th, 2020, I had emailed the resort 2 days earlier regarding day passes and I received confirmation a few hours later that they did Indeed issue them for $100 a day with all facilities included, restaurants , swimming pools etc., So I disembarked the ship this morning and took a $40 taxi drive to the resort to be only told there were not issuing day passes today, I mentioned the email I sent but it did not matter, I was virtually kicked off the property, to say the least I was pissed off, so $80 later I'm back on the ship, needless to say I will never be back and I don't recommend this place to anyone, very poor customer service to say the least.

I'm including the emails to see for yourself

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank deanp96
Inspire26035466177, General Manager at The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

Kia Orana Dean, thank you for your review. The day you arrived was indeed the day we had over 70 guests from the ship come to the resort on an organised trip by the cruise company which you could have chosen to be part of, so for this day due to the numbers, we cancelled other day passed for that particular day. so we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

The resort is awsome. The beach is bang on your doorstep... Even the garden rooms are a stones throw away. The staff were friendly and helpfull, in fact the whole island is! The only thing that was a little bit annoying is that the walls in the rooms were thin... You could hear next door.... Clearly! Great place though, I would recommend.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Inspire26035466177, General Manager at The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2020

Hi Ian, many thanks for your review, it is fantastic that you enjoyed the resort and the facilities that we offer. We would love to welcome you back again should your travel plans bring you back this way.