Stranded in Paradise
Harringtons Motor Lodge(Palmerston North)
US$115
US$97
Agoda.com
US$97
US$68
  • Restaurant
Fitzherbert Castle Motel(Palmerston North)
US$96
Travelocity
The Villas(Palmerston North)
TripAdvisor
Awatea Park Motel(Palmerston North)
TripAdvisor
Palmerston North Motel(Palmerston North)
TripAdvisor
A'La Vista Motel(Palmerston North)
Hotel Coachman(Palmerston North)
Avenue Motel(Palmerston North)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrun hostelawesome viewsstayed longereast coastmin walkhelpful ownerstokomaru baygreat facilitiesfree wifinew zealandone nightenjoyed our stayangusloftsleannebackpackersnz
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2017

Specially designed around the stunning sunrise of Tokomaru Bay, every room is facing the sun in the morning. You will not regret waking up early. Plus our hosts Leanne and her husband are absolutely delightful. We did not mind being stranded in paradise ;)

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2017

There has been a lot of hostels in New Zealand which I've said have been my favourite one yet, but this was possibly the cherry on the cake. I loved the town, the other guests and the hostel but it was owners Leanne and Angus which made this stay really special. It's well worth getting off the tourist routes in NZ to find little gems like this.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2017

I stayed in this hostel for 2 nights and the name definitely holds true – you really feel like stranded in paradise. The location could not be better with unobstructed views of the ocean. The rooms and all the common areas are nicely decorated and spotless clean. The owners are super friendly and helped me a great deal in fixing some technical issues with my bike. Even though it was raining most of the time when I was there, my stay in paradise was really superb and I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2017

My friend and i stayed here in Febuary for just one night and both agreed we would have liked to stay longer and hope to return one day! Leanne and Angus were very nice and made sure we were happy in our cool loft room, it was awesome we watched the sun come up from our beds was so beautiful!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2017

Another great east coast backpackers that is a cut above the rest. Do yourself a favour and don't miss out on exploring this area. Rugged, quiet, beautiful and a great place to chill out.
Owners super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Leanne C, Owner at Stranded in Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

Thanks for the lovely review Carmel. Enjoyed your company. Don't let the hipsters overrun Newtown. Hope to see you again. Cheers Leanne