“Best hostel in NZ!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tokomaru
Stranded in Paradise
Reviewed 10 March 2017

There has been a lot of hostels in New Zealand which I've said have been my favourite one yet, but this was possibly the cherry on the cake. I loved the town, the other guests and the hostel but it was owners Leanne and Angus which made this stay really special. It's well worth getting off the tourist routes in NZ to find little gems like this.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 March 2017

I stayed in this hostel for 2 nights and the name definitely holds true – you really feel like stranded in paradise. The location could not be better with unobstructed views of the ocean. The rooms and all the common areas are nicely decorated and spotless clean. The owners are super friendly and helped me a great deal in fixing some technical issues with my bike. Even though it was raining most of the time when I was there, my stay in paradise was really superb and I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2017

My friend and i stayed here in Febuary for just one night and both agreed we would have liked to stay longer and hope to return one day! Leanne and Angus were very nice and made sure we were happy in our cool loft room, it was awesome we watched the sun come up from our beds was so beautiful!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2017

Another great east coast backpackers that is a cut above the rest. Do yourself a favour and don't miss out on exploring this area. Rugged, quiet, beautiful and a great place to chill out.
Owners super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Leanne C, Owner at Stranded in Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

Thanks for the lovely review Carmel. Enjoyed your company. Don't let the hipsters overrun Newtown. Hope to see you again. Cheers Leanne

Reviewed 16 December 2016

Stayed there for 2 nights and it was the best hostel that I`ve seen during my 3 month of travelling through New Zealand. Friendly, cheerfull and very helpful owners, great facilities, and a stunning location. I had the best sunset of my life. I recommend this place without any doubt.
I will come back for sure!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Leanne C, Owner at Stranded in Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Thanks for your lovely review Falk. Be great to have you back. Have fun and enjoy your travels. Leanne & Angus

Been to Stranded in Paradise? Share your experiences!