See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Great owner, very helpful and friendly. He took me personally to rent-a-car with his bike, thanks Niko:)
Rooms have everything you need; clean, have enough space and I found eveything I needed.
Location is 5-7 minutes walking distance to city center. Renting a car is recommended in Lesvos, and yeah there is free parking right in front of it.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2015

We were three Swedish girls staying at Nikos in the beginning of december when we were volunteers. Nikos made us feel right at home; first night he drowe to meet us to show us where the hotel was located and this hospitality just continued. He always had a smile on his face and made our stay very special.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2015

It is easy to see why so many have wrote very positive reviews of the owner, his warmth is infectious and immediately puts you at ease. He is very helpful. However the room that I stayed in did not put me at ease. It had no balcony like most of the other rooms but that I could live with. The thing that was more upsetting was that the whole of the space was covered in dust - almost everything other than the beds. It was everywhere and so much so that I wet some tissues and wiped down my immediate area - now, I am not saying a little bit of dust but at least an inch of it. The room was supposed to be a double but the bed was smaller than a standard double yet a tad larger than a single. It was not adequate for 2 people. I was kept awake for most of the night at what I first believed was just noise from the passing public - I later realised this was the shouting of the owners friend whom he referred to a 'the Russian woman' and was in a state of constant drunkenness. The bathroom was small and the shower cubicle rickety - so much so that the fittings were coming off in my hand. The shower tray seemed to be blocked so I ended up standing in dirty water which was not going down.
I would not stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2015

I recently stayed in Mytilini at Motel Nikos for 9 days while I did volunteer work with the refugees. Motel Nikos is one of the least expensive places to stay in Mytilini. We were given the best room with a terrace overlooking the street. The room was clean and all appliances worked. There was no breakfast available at the motel, although free coffee was provided. Unlike similarly priced hotels 8 km outside of Mytilini, there was no pool or on site restaurant. The immediately adjacent street was very noisy (until 1-2 AM). The motel is situated in a safe residential neighborhood a 10 minute away from the harbor, restaurants and shopping area.

Mytilini is a busy harbor city that daily ships 5,000 desperate refugees to Piraeus (sea port of Athens). It is an active sea port that would merit only a one-day visit by a tourist. The first question you have to ask, as a tourist, is why visit Mytilini or the island of Lesvos at all? You can get fantastic hotels on Crete for half the price of any lodging in Mytilini. The city of Mytilini discharges its sewage into its harbor (you can smell it), so I would not swim at its nearby beaches. Restaurant eating in Mytilini is not inexpensive.

However, if you have decided to stay overnight in Mytilini, I would recommend Motel Nikos as a good economic alternative to the other more expensive lodgings in Mytlini. But use tripadvisor to find much better, equally priced, hotels with a pool and restaurant 8 km outside of Mytilini. Or, even better, go to Crete and get exceptional hotels (with a pool, restaurant, and gym) for half the price of motels/hotels on Lesvos.

Room tip: Ask for the upper room with the large terrace.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Phillip L
Reviewed 25 August 2015

Our room was excellent, so it really is great value for money. It was clean, the wifi was strong, and the owner Niko was extremely helpful, talkative and friendly. We would defiently recommend this motel!

Date of stay: August 2015