All reviews steve and geraldine shipwreck bar music nights ship wreck bar meals golden retriever saturday night bbq enjoyed the live music butter chicken loved our stay here other guests chilli con carne new owners fresh fruit small resort seafood chowder cook islands
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Great location on a beach which provides very good (not exceptional -- lots of fish; coral mostly rubble) snorkeling. It is a bit removed from the main tourist area, though within walking distance of a few small shops and restaurants. I appreciated the small size and individual attention; most of the staff new my name the first day I arrived.

The room was immaculately clean, comfortable, and cozy. I could see the water while lying in bed -- what more can anyone ask? The kitchen equipment provided was adequate but nothing special.

Most of the staff was gracious, helpful, and entertaining. I wish, though, they could have been a bit more accomodating for my early (06:00 arrival on a Sunday) and late departure (ca 11:59 pm on a Friday). They pretty much didn't want me to arrive until check-in time; though they suggested I go to the airport hotel for breakfast, it might have made sense for me to get a day room for the 7 hours I had between the time my flight arrived and could check in. There were also some minor management (?) glitches, the UHT milk they kindly provided me with on arrival was nearly 3 months past the pull date. I suspect that if I had asked for a replacement, they would have provided it but I don't use milk very often. The timing of breakfast (08:30 - 09:30) was inconvenient for tours starting at 08:00 or 8:30, fortunately, it was pretty easy to provide my own breakfast.

Overall, a very good stay. Were I ever to go the the Cook Islands again, I would likely stay here.

Room Tip: It's worth the extra few dollars to get the beachside rooms
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
AroaBeach, Owner at Aro'a Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Kia Orana Bill,

Thank you for your excellent informative review. We are all very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We would be delighted to see you back again.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Aro'a Beachside Inn more than ticked all the boxes for our three night stay this past week. Hosts Geraldine and Steve were so welcoming and informative about where and what to do on Raro. In fact all the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly - a big thanks. Rooms are beachside, modern, light & airy and all face west for sunset. The Shipwreck Bar located on the beach has a laid back feel with live music on Tuesdays and Thursdays with surprise singers. Lovely fresh food on the menu with a yummy list of cocktails! We will definitely go back and stay here if we are lucky enough to find ourselves in that part of the South Pacific. Thanks again to Geraldine & Steve for contributing to such an enjoyable & relaxing break. Margaret & Peter

Room Tip: We had a top floor room overlooking the water which was light and airy but imagine all rooms would be similar.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
AroaBeach, Owner at Aro'a Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Kia Orana Margaret & Peter,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our beautiful resort, we are very happy that you had an idyllic stay with us. :-)

We really hope that you will make it back to see us soon. Stay longer next time....

I'll pass your comments on to our wonderful staff.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Great place with lovely views of the sea excellent snorkeling just off the beach snorkled with a turtle just in front of the inn. Beds where good nice and clean and brightly decorated with tie die curtains. Plenty of plug points in our unit to the point of excess. Run by English owners a good place to eat at their Shipwreck bar if you are wanting a cheaper western meal like lasagne pies seafood chowder or come to their BBQ night. We enjoyed the BBQ and the seafood chowder a great place to watch the sunset over the ocean.

Stayed: July 2018
AroaBeach, Owner at Aro'a Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Kia Orana,

Thank you for your great review. Very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

Hope to see you again, hopefully you can stay longer next time. :-)

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This was our second stay at this resort and first time since Steve & Geraldine took over. Suited us perfectly. We traveled with my elderly parents, who were well catered for. The beach is just divine, great swimming at all tides. The breakfasts were delicious and filling. Bar meals good value and great if feeling lazy and don't want to go out. Staff are awesome, every one of them friendly and helpful. Steve & Geraldine just lovely. Love the Shipwreck Bar and really enjoyed the live music. A small resort with a great atmosphere and enjoyed chatting with other guests at the bar. We stayed in beach side units which were very comfortable and just loved the deck and the views. All helped by a week of perfect weather. Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy_Martin
AroaBeach, Owner at Aro'a Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Kia Orana Wendy & Martin,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, we really appreciate your feedback and very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. :-)

You guys were a pleasure to host and we hope that you will come back soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely place to stay on the beach.
Rooms are clean and quiet..except for the occasional rooster!
The Shipwreck bar is great with live music on a Tuesday and Thursday.
Only issue was I was not told about the ‘boost or booster button’
in the shower!
Hence,showers each morning were cold!
Shall know for next time!
Alone is a pure gem also!
She rocks!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
AroaBeach, Owner at Aro'a Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Kia Orana,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. Very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Sorry that you missed the booster button, hope to see you back again soon so you can test it. :-)

I'll pass your comments on to Awesome Alone, she is a real gem.