Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews wool blankets mile hike other guests banana bread pack a lunch flush toilets tents hosts accommodations sequoia cabin lodging
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 August 2020

The SHSC is a great place to go glamping. The location is far enough away that the hiking trails are very empty of people but the location is close enough (only a 1 mile hike) so that it isn't too hard to get there. The rooms are large and the food is fantastic.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 21 July 2020

My wife, twin 9-year old sons and I recently had the good fortune of spending a few days at SHSC. We could not have had a better time. The food was exceptional, the tents were very comfortable and the entire staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. Breakfast consisted of eggs made to order, fresh squeezed OJ, fresh fruit and yogurt, plus toast made from hearty bread all topped off with delicious coffee. After breakfast, guests are encouraged to pack a lunch where they provide fresh rolls, cold cuts, hard boiled eggs and either banana bread or cookies.

Dinner was five courses each night and so delicious. We had several tasty soups, salads and entrees like tuna steaks, steak and baked cod, followed by desserts like chocolate lava cake, strawberry shortcake and creme brulee. Every night after dinner, they make a campfire where my kids loved making S'Mores and looking at the stars.

The bathrooms are communal, which I was a bit worries about due to COVID, but they cleaned often and the door was kept open during the day to keep a breeze blowing through. Keep in mind that you will have either a steep uphill or downhill walk from your tent to the bathrooms. You might want to request a tent closer to the bathroom when you reserve. The bathrooms also feature flush toilets and four outdoor showers which were well cleaned and maintained.

I highly recommend a visit to SHSC if you love hiking and camping, but still enjoy the finer things in life.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank Sherpa25222948521
Reviewed 13 July 2020

We had a wonderful time at the camp. The food was delicious and the lodging was nice. However, I just want to let future visitors know that breakfast and lunch supplies are laid out on a table (one indoor table and one outdoor table) each morning and guests make their own plates/sandwiches/drinks. There were no signs requiring masks and many guests visited these tables without masks. Waitstaff did wear masks to serve food but the hosts and chef did not have masks on when I saw them. It's a great place but I want people to know about the lax safety measures before they go - once you're there, you really can't change your mind and leave.

Date of stay: June 2020
8  Thank Goma007
Reviewed 9 April 2020

We were some of the last guests of last season but the owners and staff sure didn't make us feel like it. They did an exceptional job of making sure we had a great experience and we did, starting the moment we arrived.

Service is outstanding and the food exceeded our expectations. We liked that we packed our own lunches and headed out every day to hike, swim & fish. You do have to be a hiker to really get out and enjoy the whole area. We got to know the other guests but you can have as much or as little contact with them as you'd like.

The owners built us our own bonfire one night and gave us more s'mores than our stomachs could handle.

The cabins are spacious and well decorated and don't worry about ever getting too cold at night because there are wool blankets and hot water bottles.

I highly recommend the SHSC and this is one review that I hesitate to even write because I don't want the place to ever be so busy that I can't get a reservation. :)

Room tip: May want to stay near bathrooms if you have children
Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank N6898LQshannonw
Reviewed 16 September 2019

We recently spent three nights at SHSC and everything exceeded our expectations. The cabins were very comfy and well appointed. The cuisine, including delicious appetizers while watching the setting sun, was 5-stars and the service was exceptional. The owners paid attention to every detail and the staff (Demo, Alex,Vlad,Nick and Anton) were polite, professional and very well trained. If you are looking to experience the wilderness without roughing it, SHSC is the place to visit.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank SBJourneys