“Great Food but waiter struggled ”

Gold Rush Dining Room
Description: Join us at Denali Park Village's Gold Rush Dining Room. We serve a scrumptious breakfast buffet and a la carte items as well as an Alaskan inspired lunch and dinner menu that feature our chef's specials.
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We had fabulous food at the Gold Rush; some of us had the halibut, my wife had the ribeye which she thoroughly enjoyed... others had the salmon, and short ribs. All quite excellent meals. The waiter struggled splitting the check for us even though we pointed out the three groups from the get-go. The meals and drinks were pricy but very much enjoyed.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

In all my travels in quite a number of countries, I have NEVER experienced such a rude, a**hole of a server. The bar waiter, after apparently being offended since I asked twice if we could order food in the bar, completely and obviously ignored us, taking great pains (IMO) to go to the table on one side of us, then around another, to the other side, and never taking our drink order. I went to the bar 3 separate times and waved to him - he scanned by me and pretended not to see me, and went back to washing glasses. What an A-hole. Twenty-five minutes we tried to get him to take drink orders before we decided to simply leave. He should be fired immediiately.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Had two times dinner here...first night a had a salmon entree plate.
My wife had a salad with salmon from the appetizer menu, here plate was bigger than mine for half the price.
Next evening we took two times the salmon salad...now this plate was smaller than the day before so I added two salmon sides, it came with very small slices of salmon.
Way too expensive. Tip...carefully examine your bill...ours was wrong (up) two times in a row.
Next time I'll visit the two food trucks (Thai and Mexican) in front of the Grizzly bear resort across the street.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Came here while staying at Denali Park Village, like most National Park there’s not many options to eat in the area within the resort and usually it’s not great food so we were not expecting it. It is quite expensive for the quality of the food. But then again you are within the National Park and sadly but true in our experience average overpriced food is to be expected. Service staff was very nice and friendly tho

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Fish & chips were fair, but cost $29. You are in the middle of nowhere and they price gouge. The service is OK, the food is OK. Nothing above average here. The only other choice is a burger shack that is owned by the same people and pricey also.