“Don't Miss The Turkey Pot Pie”

McKinley Creekside Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Quality comfort food, diverse menu with *GF and Vegetarian options. We like to call it "Casual dining at it's finest"
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We ate dinner at the McKinley Creekside Cafe after a day sightseeing in Denali National Park. We arrived hungry and anxious for a real, home cooked meal - we weren't disappointed! Three of the four of us opted for turkey pot pie, each of which was generously sized with lots of fresh turkey, veggies, and a really excellent crust...truly "comfort food" in the best sense. With both indoor and outdoor seating, the cafe is great for meals in all types of weather. Access is easy since the restaurant is right on Parks Highway. Everyone was professional, warm and welcoming. We heartily recommend this restaurant...it is a standout in the Denali/Healy area.

1  Thank Bob H

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We stayed in the Creekside cabins for three days and went to this restaurant for dinner.
The place is very nice and sitting outside was delightful.
The service was neither personal, no prompt. I guess you would expect it from this kind of "family" style place.
As for the food...the salmon I ordered was described in fancy words and had quite "fancy" price. What I got was a very small still nicely baked piece of salmon with cold,tasteless quinoa mixed with cold corn and cold tasteless asparagus. I'm very fond of both:quinoa and asparagus, but not those ones. They'd be much better to stay with simple french fries they are used to making there.
I can add that my husband's hamburger was also very unimpressive. On our three week trip to Alaska it was the most disappointing meal.
I'm giving three stars just for their nice flowers and the scenic location.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I think I ordered wrong at dinner. I wasn't all that happy with my noodle and veggie Thai-type dish. But I ordered the seafood chowder as an appetizer and I wished I'd ordered a big bowl of that instead. It was delicious. The cafe also made a boxed lunch for our group and it was ready on time and very good. I had the ham and cheddar sandwich.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We ended up eating at this restaurant 3 times during our visit to Denali. We liked that it was away from the main town and the food was really wonderful. The servers were always super friendly. The morning we at at the cafe there was a bit of a wait (even arriving before 7:30) so if you have an adventure you are planning in the early morning - make sure you plan accordingly.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I think I just ordered wrong. I got a noodle, vegetable dish and it just wasn't as good as I expected. I did have the seafood chowder to start and I wish I'd gotten a big bowl of that, because it was excellent. The cafe also made a boxed lunch for me for my flight seeing tour and it was delicious. I got the ham and cheese.