“Best lunch I have experienced in ages”

The Carpenters Arms
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Bransgore
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Visited Carpenters Arms for first time today, the best lunch I have had for ages. Pleasant ambience in a busy clean restuarant, lots of atmosphere, friendly staff working flat out but no long waits and piping hot plates.

No pretentious masterchef rubbish here, oh no! No droplets of foam, no splat of emulsion, no chargrilled lettuce, no annoying little jug with no handle containing jus, whatever that is, we used to call it gravy.

This was a superb menu providing a comprehensive and varied choice of dishes, and we will have to revisit several times in order to work our way through it. Had a superb lamb shank and trimmings, another had liver and bacon, and the ladies went for the Cromer crab salad off the specials blackboard, preceded by lovely starters and proper puddings. The wine list was not extensive but offered ample choice. Huge platefuls of good wholesome fresh food, just what we want, and offered at very pleasing prices. Best to book a table though to avoid disappointment.

Well done Carpenters Arms, we are already discussing our next visit, we will be back
Couldn't find anything wrong with this place so 10 out of 10.
CW, Verwood 2 May 2018

6  Thank Diane W

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Came to this lovely family run pub for my partners birthday lunch. Reasonably priced good food. I had the trio of fish, and it was perfect! My partner had the rump steak, he is a fussy eater and said it was the best he had ever had! Thank you for a lovely afternoon!

4  Thank yaz190
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Good menu of reasonably priced pub grub - well cooked with helpful staff. Don't miss the specials board - always something of interest.

Always a pleasant experience to eat at the Carpenters

4  Thank BransgorePear
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Excellent meal reasonably priced .We
will hopefully attend again.Ist class service..
The servers were very pleasant and obliging and nothing was too much trouble to ask.

4  Thank davidarthurlee349
Reviewed 20 April 2018

I asked the Carpenters Arms staff to help me arrange a surprise 80th Birthday party for my dad. The big surprise was my brother turning up unannounced dressed as a kangaroo to surprise my dad. The staff provided all the support i needed, provided a great cake and helped keep the big surprise. They laid on a fantastic buffet of food and provided excellent service. All had a great time. We stayed on for a meal later on in the evening and my brother from Australia commented " I wish we had such a great pub like this in Oz. Excellent home cooking, great service and....worth travelling half way round the world to have such a fantastic home cooked steak and Stilton pie.OUTSTANDING". Well done all the staff and everyone in the pub who joined in what a great friendly atmosphere. You made the day for my dad. Thank you for the great food, facilities and service, you made my dads birthday special. What a great day....thank you to all staff and landlord... Darren

5  Thank dmrattew