“Just high quality all around. Great service, happy chefs thats smiled and laughed”

Umegaoka Sushi no Midori Akasaka-branch
Ranked #2 of 463 Restaurants in Akasaka
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Akasaka, Roppongi
Reviewed 22 July 2018

I am impressed to say the least. I just wanted something casual that was nearby my hotel in Akasaka, Tokyo. Saw this on google maps and I thought it looked good. I sat down right in front of the chef on a Saturday night at 8pm. They instantly knew I needed and English menu. I ordered the 3 sashimi chef choice and I received: Toro(Bluefin Tuna), Hamachi(Yellowfin), and Mackerel. it was insanely good especially for the price and large pieces of sashimi. The wasabi was grated to order and is so good when its the real stuff. Then i got a rice bowl with fatty tuna minced and tamago, pickled ginger, and wasabi. it was to die for I wanted to eat so many but I controlled myself. The rice was perfectly done! Then I got tempura Maitake mushrooms and they were good but i just wanted more fish at that point. The even gave me a sampler of fried fresh corn. it was delectable and off menu. I also go shochu, beer, and water. I was surprised I only spent around $37 USD. That meal would have been $130 minimum at Uchi in Austin, Texas. Which I also adore.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

If anyone has a chance to visit Japan. Do not forget to visit. The original sushi at Sushi Midori has almost 10 branches and one of them is very convenient because it is located near the Shibuya train station. A sushi restaurant where people eat a lot. The taste is delicious , but not as strong as other sushi restaurants. (Not cheap) and also very convenient. Especially with tourists. The people who do not get disappointed in the queue queue waiting to buy it (at least an hour), then there are other menus to choose from quite a few. There are also croissants and salads available for you to enjoy while waiting for sushi to be served.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Came to the tower late to explode my dinner options here as my arrival is late. Was about an hour before it closes. So there is no need to queue at all.
Ordered quite a salad and quite a few dishes of sushi. Taste great. cozy place.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 4.30pm and took a ticket. 5 numbers ahead of us and so many empty seats in the restaurant.
After 45 minutes waiting, the waitress said there was another 30 minutes wait, we lost patience and left. All this time, the restaurant was half empty and people kept leaving but no one could have a table.

3  Thank Evelyne G
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Went there with high expectations, which were not met. There is a fishy smell which bothers me a lot. Sushi was good, but not great as in other places. Arrived there as soon as it opened and waited very little to come in.