All reviews tenjin station walking distance bit dated lobby area nice breakfast convenient location bed was comfortable nice hotel stayed here for nights breakfast buffet tenjin area japanese standards minute walk shopping subway taxi amenities
Reviewed 25 July 2018

We stayed here for three night in the summer. Great place to stay. Most places are of walking distance. And if you ever feel like going to the beach, the subway is just right there and it's four stops away.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Although I don't really know whether the protocol was to tip them or not (I don't want to insult them). Our room was bigger than your typical Japanese room. It was equipped with all of the amenities with reliable Wi-Fi. There's a decent bar downstairs, but there are tons of bars and restaurants around that it's a bit of shame not to explore them instead. There's also a bakery, but they don't open until 11:00 am, so don't expect to eat fresh bread from there for breakfast. It's an older hotel but in a classy way. It's not drab or anything, and we can't smell any smoke in our room.

It can get rowdy outside at night with people milling about especially on the weekend but the noise doesn't reach the room. Some people might warn you about touts in the street asking you if you're interested in local restaurants. Don't worry, they're not trying to scam you. If anything, they seem to be overly helpful due to the competition.

My only complaint would be is that the pillows tend to be a bit small and stiff, but that's a lot of hotels in the city.

Room tip: Splurge a bit and get the bigger rooms. You'll be glad you did.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We were a group of 6 female friends who were billeted at this lovely hotel from May 17 to 23. No regrets booking here. We made the right choice... perfect location, value for money and most of all - very efficient service! Special mention, concierge Ms. Kotake and her very pretty and tall colleague whose name I can't recall now, were very helpful, patient and gracious in assisting us with all our needs.

Having experienced the great hospitality the staff of this hotel showed us, I am booking another stay at Nishitetsu Grand Hotel for early fall. This time, I'm traveling with my husband who is so intrigued by the many wonderful stories I've shared with him about what Fukuoka had to offer - specially the heavenly taste of Saga beef!

Looking forward to another unforgettable experience!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Rooms are on the big side compared with other hotels I have stayed in visiting Japan. The hotel itself is a bit dated but well kept. The hotel front liners were very helpful from the check in staff and those manning the elevators who never fails to greet you.

The double room we stayed in was just right for me and my wife. Bed was comfortable and had good amenities. What is lacking are outlets and a room safe. Suggest you bring a multiple power sockets to charge your gadgets.

Location was perfect for our visit with restaurants and shopping all around the vicinity of the hotel. Around a 5 - 10 minute walk from the Tenjin station for those taking the subway or bus from the airport. We did the subway when we arrived into the city which was convenient. for our departure and transfer to the airport, the hotel was able to arrange the transfer by getting us 3 jumbo taxis which accommodated our group of 21 pax plus luggage.

Room tip: Bring a multiple power socket for charging you gadgets.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2018

This hotel was a great location near a subway station in Fukuoka and close to local parks. The room was spacious - even by Japanese standards and was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included and was amazing. It was one of the most comprehensive and delicious buffets of both Japanese and Western food. They also offer a Japanese breakfast with a set menu but would definitely recommend the buffet instead.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amy T
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

A big thank you and heartfelt appreciation to Iyonaga San. Yesterday evening, my mum has an emergency. She forgot to bring her medication and have to go to hospital. Iyonaga patiently asked my mum’s condition. Then she made calls to the hospital and explained the situation to them. Because of her help, hospital did a pre registration for my mum. As we can’t speak she also arranged for taxi to send us to hospital. Once arrived at hospital, the rest are a bliss. My mum got her prescription and the medication worked for her. Today we are back on track. We are very blessed to meet a kind person in this foreign land. This hotel is very fortunate to have Iyonaga San as their staff.

Thank you!