All reviews sunday carvery room was spotless beer garden stayed here hotel bar an evening meal my mum breakfast was excellent night stay lovely hotel one night car park noise linens renovation zoo annex
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Just finished a 2 night stay while visiting the Zoo and other places, I can honestly say I have never slept better in my life. The bed is so comfortable. The room was spotless and well decorated with toiletries, tea & coffee making facilities and plenty of towels. The bedding and towels are really good quality and I have no reservations about recommending this hotel to everyone. Superb value for money and I will definitely be a repeat visitor if I am up this way again. 10\10.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Mark F, Owner at Rowton Poplars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review!
It's great to hear you have enjoyed your stay and hope you will be back to visit again shortly!

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here when we went to the Spitting Feathers Brew Barn session just up the road (15 min walk) Having recently been taken over and subsequently refurbished the hotel was well appointed with good facilities, Wi-Fi, good size TV, big shower, kettle etc. The staff were really friendly and very helpful. The bar has some good beers on draught. We'll be going back to stay again for definite. Cheers

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Mark F, Owner at Rowton Poplars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Thank you for your review!
It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you'll be back again very soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Decided to give this place a try as it was super cheap. By far the cheapest price I have ever paid for a hotel. On the drive up we were nervous what we would find at the price we paid. Upon arrival the hotel from the outside looked ok and the staff greeted us nicely. When I got to the room I was super shocked, it was brand new, big bed, super clean - it was perfect. The bed was comfy, shower was powerful and warm, towels were good quality. The room had everything I needed. Breakfast was good and at an affordable price. The staff were friendly. Only point I would make is that my mum stayed in a room facing the road and said it was nosey. I was at the back of the annex and couldn’t hear anything. Overall fantastic place to stay at a really good price. Will certainly stay here again. Credit to the owners.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review.
It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Hotel has just been refurbished and Mark has done a great job with the place, still undergoing some refurbishment in the restaurant but Mark was more than hospitable regarding food and drinks and suggested great places for food! Breakfast was offered in the lounge but we opted to lay in bed right up to check out, so comfortable!
Rooms are lovely, Well presented and after the travel I was ecstatic to run a nice bath!
Could not recommend enough! Will definitely be visiting again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review Naomi!
We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

the hotel is newly refurbished and is terrific. The owner is very friendly, rooms are clean and tidy, and the morning breakfast in bed splendid.
we had our 2 year old son with us too and the hotel catered for young toddlers very well.
strongly recommend a stay!!
Once the restaurant and bar open it will be even better.

Room Tip: towards the back of the room away from main road
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Mark F, Owner at Rowton Poplars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you for your kind review!
It's great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and we hope you will chose to say with us again.