“Amazing views, great live music and fabulous food”

Ristorante Bella Vista
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Veleso
Price range: US$23 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2018

My barber in Calgary, Canada told me to take the Funicular up above Como when I visited here so we did just that, but we timed it to arrive at dinner time. Our hotel staff told us to eat at the Bella Vista restaurant. We did not have a reservation but we were fortunate that they had a table for 4 available.
We sat by the window and the view was incredible.
The service was also attentive and delightful.
the food was fabulous. We started with a sample of fish from the lake. We enjoyed Pappardelle with duck, Pasta with mushrooms, a Venison dish (so tender and tasty, the sauce was exquisite) and a beef dish that was a perfect brisket of beef. Their wine selection was plentiful and not too expensive.
About 45 minutes after arrival, we got to hear a wonderful live 4 piece band. The music was great and really added to an amazing evening.
we are so glad we cam up here for a memorable dinner.

PAOLO8109, Proprietario at Ristorante Bella Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Dear Mr Larry I think you wrote about the wrong BellaVista.. We have not the funicolar.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

We went to Bella Vista for a cooking course with Chef Paolo and then for lunch. Paolo showed us how to cook 4 different but very tasty dishes in an entertaining way. He was personable and helpful to us throughout the morning, as were the rest of his family. We then had an excellent lunch on the terrace with lovely views, excellent food and great service from the staff. I would recommend both the restaurant and cooking course wholeheartedly.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

My wife and I ate at Ristorante Bella Vista as our last dinner while in the Lake Como area. The only thing we were disappointed in was that the restaurant was not full. It was amazing and we wished more people would come to this location. The location was a bit of a drive, but well worth it. The waitress was very attentive to our needs, but the food was amazing. My wife and I will never forget how good the Carpaccio was, it was hands down the best we have ever had. Everything was truly amazing and was one of the best memories we will take away from our time in Lake Como. Thanks to the Chef and team at Ristorante Bella Vista for an amazing dinner.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

What a surprise!!!! We rode our bikes up this steep mountain and did not regret it at all. The food was extraordinary and the friendly, family owned restaurant was a real treat. I could stay at this simple hotel and just spend my time eating all the delicious meals they prepare. Don't miss this treat when coming to Como. Worth the drive and no other restaurant 5 star restaurant in Como even comes close.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

We had Easter dinner here. What a beautiful view of the lake and very happy people. Waiter was perfect, food was fabulous. With wine and desert it was a memorable evening..

Paolo Longoni B, chef at Ristorante Bella Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear. Mrs Cate, thanks so much for your review, we wish to see u again in the future.