“Rats”

Taco House
Ranked #89 of 706 Restaurants in East District
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Don’t eat here! There were rats in the dining room so I can only imagine what will be in the kitchen.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Was looking for some decent street food when I came across the second location in Hsinchu of the Taco House. It is located a few blocks from the train station just down a side street from the General Hospital and the cross street is Datong Road. Could not resist giving it a try and was not disappointed. By far the best burritos and tacos I have encountered in Taiwan. The owner has lived in the Bat Area where she learned the business. The restaurant inside has a nice clean feel to it.

The restaurant has a variety of meal deals. I went with #1 meal deal which was a burrito and 2 tacos. I selected beef for my meat and the price was around $190 NT. If you go with chicken it is slightly less. The meal comes with a drink. Numerous sides were available as well. Salsa is extra but I didn't need it. Limited seating on the ground floor but go upstairs for ample seating. Good street view as well from 2 big windows.

My next craving for tacos I will be sure to head to the Taco House.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

We just happened by the Taco House on our family trip and decided to drop in and boy are we glad we did. The owner lived in the California Bay Area for years and brought her love for these flavors back to Taiwan. We had burritos and tacos and loved them all. If you are missing some Tex-mex fast food, this is a great place to satisfy your cravings. We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Todd B
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Recently went back to Taiwan for work and had to see if this was still open. Thankfully it was, I was craving something without noodles or rice. Still a great place for a little reminder of home. Great crispy tacos and love the tater tots with cheers and sour cream on them.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 12 November 2014

I was excited having driven past Taco House a few times (it's just down the road from me) and finally got up to trying it last week.
Expecting a Mexican style restaurant/takeaway experience I brought down my wife and mother in law.
We ordered chicken nachos, chicken taco, beef taco, beef burrito and a chicken *something with a long name*.
The chicken stuff was below mediocre, both the nachos and the taco were lacking taste, the cheese on the nachos appeared to be flavorless. Portion sizes were tiny.
The beef taco had better taste, but was equally tiny in terms of filling.
Beef burrito was acceptable - I'd eat this again.
The chicken whatevers where just that, whatever, some chicken and rice fried like a spring roll, again, devoid of taste and character.
Although I would eat the beef burrito again, and it would be a good after-drinking snack, I would have to wonder why. Faced with intense competition from local BBQ stands which offer bigger variety and better taste, Taco House makes for a mediocre eating experience.
One plus is that the menu is also in English, so if you can't read Chinese, you will still be able to eat here with minimal problems.

Date of visit: November 2014