Lowest prices for your stay
US$195
Travelocity
US$195
Orbitz.com
Hotels.comUS$195
CheapTickets
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 May 2017

I have spent my Canadian winters in Costa Rica for thirteen years and forthe last two years I have stayed at Villaggio Flor de Pacifico. My first experience was so so as I booked it a little late so they gave me all they had left, an apartment over a restaurant with two huge windows on the side the sun shone all day. It felt like living in an oven. I asked them to contact the owner to install another AC and they said he would not agree. I think he did not even know I was renting his place. Who knows ! That was in Villagio # 3 and after three months I could move to a house an owner offered me in villaggio # 4. That was much better. This last winter I booked it right away in # 4 and got a great place. Convenient, at a fairly decent price. The only problem was that the wifi did not reach out to the house. It only lasted 4 or 5 days as the person in charge of the rentals came to see me and told me «you have to move to another house it is urgent». I said to myself why, I rented for four months and a half ! He said the owner wanted to rent the house to some friends of his. I got to meet the friends that rented the said house and it appears that again the owner did not know his house was rented for such a long time more so he did not know it was rented !. Now where did the money go ? Also you have to know that you need to check the house you rented as soon as you come in and make sure everything works OK and that it has all the necessary accessories. In the second house there were no pots and pans and not even a coffe maker or a blender . . . nothing. Of course they said that they would provide me with everything I need but it took weeks before I got half of them and they were of real of bad quality on top of that. I even had to move to a third house . . . Imagine. Nerver again will I rent in one of those places. Another good reason is that the cost of living has tripled in the last four years. So do yourself a BIG favor if you want to go to Costa Rica DO NOT RENT IN ANY OF THE 6 VILLAGIOS Flor de Pacifico in Potrero Guanacaste. This is my opinion and it has no intention of diminishing anyone. Hope you will follow this advice for your own good.

Room tip: rent anywhere else and it will be better.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

The Villagio is a small villa type development near Playa Potrero, Costa Rica. A big plus is Rd price and the roominess of the villas. They have an (almost) Olympic pool, well maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Minuses: the villas are very sparsely furnished. There is adequate patio furniture on the porch, but outdoor temps even in Winter were around 90 the three weeks we were there in Feb-March. The nearest beach is almost a mile away walking on busy roads with no shoulders. There is a restaurant on site, good but with a limited menu. But the nearest restaurant after that is ⅔ of a mile, and we were afraid to walk home in the dark on the shoulder less highway. Bottom line: this is a good value if you have a vehicle. Otherwise not so much.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

It's a pretty place, the roads are fine and the village was comfy. Near a lot of places and during the night was silence. Full recommend.
Inside the complex you have a feeling of security that is well appreciated.
Big rooms in a 2 bedrooms place and finally the pool is nice, not too deep.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

If you visit Guanacaste the playa Potrero area, this is a good place to stay, full equipped villas, with AC, cuisine, and 2 rooms, the pool area is very nice with a jacuzzi, from here you can drive to all the beautiful beaches in the area, Potrero, Dantas, Dantitas, flamingo, etc, enjoy your stay!

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

The complex had beautiful landscaping and a nice pool. All rooms had sealing fan and ac. Our two bedroom two bath unit came with a full kitchen with dishes, cups, utensils, pots, pans, refrigerator, stove, toaster, and microwave.

Pros: quiet, wifi internet, full kitchen, ac, pool, Potrero beach is beautiful

Cons: not beach front (1 km from beach), too quiet of a town, need car to visit nearby towns like Flamengo, Brasilito, and Tamarindo, BIG SPIDERS

Tips: Wednesday lady's night at Las Brisas, great homemade ice cream at the gellateria (ask front desk for location), great pizza at the nearby Pizzeria Marco Polo

Date of stay: January 2016