16 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$62
PricelineUS$72
TravelocityUS$90
2,899 results
All reviews cable car private beach beachfront cottage crocodile bar lagoon pool low tide beach front pool access room hill side tuk tuk amazing pool free shuttle swim up bar rabbits marisa patong thailand
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2007

Date of stay: February 2006
Reviewed 4 April 2007

Date of stay: March 2007
Reviewed 31 March 2007

Lovely setting nestled in a private bay.
Amazing pool area and gardens with mature plants.
I need shade so was very pleased that there were ample sun beds and brollies.
Beach lovely and very very quiet, and at low tide lots of rock pooling to do among coral! very pretty.
A good tip is that pool towels are provided so dont pack your own.
I treid to obtain this info' many times before going without any luck, so risked not packing them!
Hotel very laid back, pool staff a little too so, but waiters reception etc very good.

We stayed in an Ocean view villa. Fab big room with great views on level 4. Looked like some rooms on level 3 may have the view obscured by trees tho'. Room and bathroom lovely and very clean. The lighting was very low tho'. Jacuzzi on balcony good, and cable car to floor level very novel!!! Tip remember to take everything you need with you from your room as it takes a while to get there if you need to pop back , as cable cars tho' great fun are very slow!
Only down side to hotel was how expensive drinks and food were! A coke and soda water around the pool were £3!
We found taxis/tuk tuks into Patong expensive approx £10 return so hired a moped for £30 for 13 days so much more freedom, tho make sure you take a driving licence and wear helmets at all times! the police stop tourists daily!! we got 2 fines!
Found Phuket to be expensive on the whole compared with other parts of Thailand and the shop/bar workers to be a bit aggressive and not so friendly!! so personally we would not go back as Pattaya offers the same hotels, area etc for much less cost. (not internal flights either)
Having said this we enjoyed Thailand again and will definately return.

Date of stay: March 2007
1  Thank Shorna S
Reviewed 30 March 2007

I had seen the pictures of this place and it looked amazing!! At the time I booked there were mixed reviews on this place, but mostly postive ones.

There are so many bad points about this place that I thought I would start from the beginning:

1. When we booked we were told that we could have a complimentary pick-up from the airport. This never happened. We waited outside the airport for 30 minutes until we realised that they had forgotton about us. So we caught a taxi and this cost approx. $15

2. When we arrived at the hotel we were told to sit at the reception and wait for our paperwork to be drawn up. After 40 minutes and no one even looking at us, I asked what was going on. They said they would be with us soon.

3. An hour after we had first arrived, we were taken with the bell boys down to our room. Now, I had studied this hotel like there was no tomorrow leading up to our stay and we ahd booked an Ocean View Villa. They took us down to the beachfront bungalows. I told them they had got it all wrong and that I had booked an Ocean View Villa but they didn’t believe me and said that I had booked a bungalow. Lucky for me, I had a second photocopy showing my booking confirmation (the original copy had been taken by the staff at the reception - how convenient) and showed it to the guy. So then he took me back to the reception and I asked to speak to the manager.

4. When I showed my booking confirmation to the hotel manager, he pretty much begged me straight away to stay in the bungalow for one night as there had been a mix up with my room. So pretty much – the hotel was trying to deceive me the whole time. I think because the bungalows have an ocean view, they were tying to trick tourists into thinking they were the Ocean View Villas! Anyway – I told him no and he said he would give me and my partner a complimentary dinner for 2 and a massages. So I said yes, as long as the room was ready by midday the next day. He said yes. So we were taken down to the bunglalows and the bell boys stood there waiting for a tip. I just glared at them and couldn't believe it!

5. Never stay in the bungalows! People walk along the beach all the time and they can peer into your windows. Also – they are dirty inside and the beds are rock hard!

6. So the next day – the room was not ready until 5pm, yet we were still kicked out of the bungalow at midday! We then were told our room was ready at 5pm and they took us to an ocean view villa. As it was on the first level and right at the end, we did not have any views of the ocean….just trees. As you can imagine, I was pretty much in tears at this time!!

7. Breakfast was crap! Nothing was labelled so everything was a guessing game. All the food was cold as well as they did not have heaters under the cooked food.

8. I found all staff to be rude and snobby!!

9. The pool itself was amazing but you could never get a sun bed because they were reserved for all the Russians.

10. They have a free shuttle bus but this only runs 3 times a day. They want you to eat in the hotel for dinner every night, so there are no shuttles between midday and 9pm! You can either take their taxi and it costs you 500 Baht or you can walk to the top of the drive way and catch one for 200 Baht. Even if a taxi drops a guest back to the resort, and you want to then catch it back into town, they won’t allow it. As soon as a taxi drops someone off, they quickly hurry it off so no guests can hop into it

11. Never buy food or drinks in the hotel! A fruit juice cost me $10 AUD (300 Baht)!

12. When we claimed our free dinner, they were rude to us the whole time and the food was pretty average. The staff lady made a special point to me at the beginning that we were receiving free food only – no drinks at all!! And she told me in quite a rude manner. After losing our booking and stuffing us in 2 bad rooms, I would have thought a couple of soft drinks were in order!

13. Internet was down the entire time I stayed there! (5 nights)

14. The beach was non-existent from midday onwards

15. The rooms were not sound proof so we could hear the couple next door have an argument for 2 hours straight! Actually – I must admit…it was quite entertaining!

As you can see, the only good thing about this hotel was the pool. If this hotel was run properly, and had some upgrades, I would re-consider staying here again but not at the moment.

From reading some of these other reviews though, I somehow feel lucky because at least we didn't get shipped off to another hotel!

Something has happened with the management and it made my first 5 days in Phuket an absolute disaster. I am even going to write to the Australian Travel Agencies and ask that they remove it from their brochures.

Take my advice - never stay here ever!!!

Date of stay: February 2007
12  Thank sezzy_m
Reviewed 18 March 2007

I stayed there with my family (5 adults) in february 2007. The day we arrived was just shocking. Hotel full of russians, at low tide no swimming possible at beach possible due to a beach full of stones and corals, phone did not work (and it remains for the following days), no internet connection (internet didnt work 6days) and so on...
The rooms are 3-4star standard, big size, separate shower and bathtub, whirlpool at big balcony and a beautifull view. But to go to your ocean view villa on the hillside you have to use a very old cable car which is not modern and also it do not look like a high security standard..
The whole hotel has a 5 star potential but it needs much refurbishment and money to bring it up to a 4 or 5 star standard and we had all over all the feeling the hotel is close to bankcrupty. I talked to the manager and he told me to send an email to the headoffice in phuket town cause he know about all the problems but he didnt receive money to solve them.
The positive things:
a very nice pool area (the biggest i ever seen) and the very friendly dinner service in the restaurant (we thank them for the nice evenings we spend there), but also again the negatives: 60 pool chairs for 200 rooms which are all reserved in the morning also if you gave the pool boys money to reserve them they took the money and some days you get the chairs other days not.
The breakfast in the restaurant was always crowded, you have to wait 20minutes to get a coffee and the buffet looked always unappetizing and dirty.
So stay away from this hotel as long it is part of the Thavorn Hotel chain, you waste your holiday time and there is enough choice at the island of phuket.

Date of stay: February 2007