“Homely and Welcoming”

Morris Dancers Beefeater
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beefeater's been on an exciting journey since opening our first site in 1974. Now, with over 140 restaurants across the UK, we're known and loved thanks to our famous grills and friendly service. From our mouth-watering steaks to fresh fish and salads, you'll find plenty of great-value meals on the menu. Plus, with a whole range of tasty and nutritious kids' dishes, we're the perfect choice for family meals. Whatever the occasion, celebrate it with Beefeater.
Reviewed 11 June 2021

Every time I visit the Morris Dancers, it never fails to impress me. I took my parents for a meal here, as they haven't been out since everywhere re-opened. We enjoyed a steak each, all cooked to absolute perfection. The staff were attentive and polite and all Covid restrictions were spot on, making my parents and myself feel safe.
I would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: June 2021
General Manager, General Manager at Morris Dancers Beefeater, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad that you and your parents had a lovely time. The team will be thrilled with your feedback as they are working tirelessly to make sure every guest feels safe and enjoys their visit. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Write a reviewReviews (628)

Reviewed 6 June 2021

I think one of the drawbacks of going to the same place over a long period of time is you can easily fall complacent as to how good the place actually is. We’ve been going to the Morris Dancers in Scarisbrick pretty much since we moved up to the northwest from leafy Oxfordshire in the late 1970’s. The Morris Dancer has played host to us for birthdays, milestone birthdays, anniversaries and our kids and grandkids birthdays and many other special occasions, plus we never miss Christmas Day.

The Morris Dancer in some way plays a part in the timeline that is our life and throughout all these many many visits we have never had a bad experience, a bad meal or bad service; indeed we look forward to going there now as much as we did in the early days. The staff have always been great, they have a very visible management who always make you feel good, you also have a sense this warmth filters through to the staff as everyone seems happy, even proud to be part of it.

In all of this one of the constants has been the indomitable June, a server like no other, she has been a postive presence there for it must be approaching 30 years and we always look forward to seeing her when we go. We felt for all the staff during the lockdown, but it was so good to go back recently and enjoy a returning sense of normality and we look forward to many more great visits in the future. The Morris Dancers, we salute you.

Date of visit: June 2021
General Manager, General Manager at Morris Dancers Beefeater, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2021

Thank you so much for your review Frank. We thoroughly enjoy serving you and your family. We were gutted about Christmas Day last year but we cannot wait to make sure this Christmas is EXTRA special for you both. We always look forward to welcoming you back to your second home.

Reviewed 2 June 2021 via mobile

We decided last minute to head here for tea, as we are local to the area.
The service received from server June was excellent, very friendly and welcoming which was lovely after so long not eating in restaurants!

We both enjoyed our food, and find it a good price for the quality and quantity of food.

Date of visit: June 2021

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. June is an absolute superstar and was thrilled to read your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

Our son and his partner kindly took us here for a meal to celebrate my husband’s birthday. Unfortunately the experience was very disappointing. We waited a long time for our meals and they were poorly cooked and presented on the plates. The so called triple cooked chips were barely cooked as was the gammon. Our server Gemma was very pleasant but was completely run off her feet not helped by the fact that some parents allowed their children to run around the restaurant playing hide and seek. This used to be a lovely place to dine when Jean and June were on duty. I feel so sorry for my son and his partner who wanted to treat us to a good meal.

Date of visit: April 2021
General Manager, General Manager at Morris Dancers Beefeater, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Thank you for your feedback although I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your visit. I am keen to investigate the matter further. I know the whole team were extremely busy over the bank holiday weekend but there is no excuse for you to have such a terrible experience. I am aware of the issue you faced with the gammon and was under the impression that you were happy with the resolution on the day. I am so sorry to see that this wasn’t the case. I would like to resolve this matter for you as I would hate to leave you disappointed. If you could contact me directly at morrisdancersormskirkgm@whitbread.com I would be happy to discuss this further.

Reviewed 31 May 2021

Great larger as always, beer garden catches a good bit of sun which is always a positive plus staff are still as friendly as before lockdown!

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank AlexMoonie

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so glad you got to enjoy the sun in our beer garden. The team are so glad to be back at work after such a long break. We look forward to seeing you again soon.