“Couple dinner”

Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Small restaurant in a corner of the main square of the village. It has tables inside and outside under a big tent. Outside is very nice in good weather. No Wi-Fi available. They propose starters, salads, meat main courses, pizzas and pastas (no fish). You can order wine, beer or soft drinks or you have the tap water for free. Service is quick and staff helpful. The entrecote was giant and well prepared. Portions are abundant , so order one dish at the time to avoid waste.Dessert are also available but we didn't try them.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Great food, good service (especially if you choose the plat de jour) and nice location.
Reasonable prices and really nice café gourmand.
Consisently good experience.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Having been turned down by two other restaurants in town which had kitchens that close at 2pm we were grateful to be served here! On offer is a limited menu including salads, pasta, burgers and typical French dishes: tartare, muscles, steak. We ordered a mixed salad, burger and steak tartare (which chopped instead of minced beef), all tasty except the accompanying fries which had been fried in old frying oil (hence their dark colour). Service was efficient and unusually friendly.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

Village Bar-restaurant, good service, right on Le Cour in the centre - but away from faster traffic. Restaurant open evenings summer only.

Reviewed 21 February 2015

We used go to this little restaurant quite often as they have a lovely sitting area and it's the perfect place to have lunch after going to the Sunday market.
The food it's alright, abundant and nicely cooked and the staff is friendly.

So, why two stars?

Few days ago we went after lunch for a drink with our daugther ( 3yo) and ordered a coke for my husband , and 2 fresh orange juices ( each one costs 3.30 euro).

After a while, me and my daughter were served two glasses ( the small cilindric kind) with inside about 3 centimiters of orange juice. With the glasses we were served a bottle of water, like you do with cordial. I was already getting nervous...

I ask the lady to top my daughter glass up as the amount served to her was ridiculous. She comes back with another LITTLE BIT of orange

After drinking the tasteless juice of clearly decrepit oranges, we go to pay and we are given a bill for12.50. ( cent more, cent less) for a coke and 2 EMPTY glasses of juice. My orange was 3.30 and my daughter topped up one was priced 6.60!!!!!!!!!! In Vinon sur Verdon!!!!!! I could not hold it in and asked to speak with the manager and she just said that she used 1 and a half orange for each glass and that was acceptable for her. I told her that not even in Aix en Provence you get treated so poorly and that it's ok to charge 3.30 for an orange, but not for an empty glass.

I was very offended because the owner knows we go often, but she has lost us as costumers as her behaviour was very offensive. Besides, is now low season, everything is closed down and she should treat the locals with care instead than ripping them off.

Juan G, Directeur général at Le Mistral, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2015

Madame, Monsieur

Before everything, sorry for my bad english speaking,

I understood you came many times in our café, but i do not understand that the only time you add a comment on trip advisor was a moment you were not satisfied about our professionalism .
Sometimes, and i am sure you understand that, people are work are not all days as simpatic, as enthousiast as every day

I understand your critics, and after your comment i compare my prices with other cafés, in vinon and aix en provence too, and i changed the primeur with who i worked, to have orange juices more generous.

I hope, one day you will came back to our restaurant, where you will be treated as usual, with smile and kindness.

Thanks for your comment