“Great place and range, but a note for Stan”
Review of The Crystal Cavern

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Crystal Cavern
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Carmel
More attraction details
Owner description: The Crystal Cavern specialises in quality crystals & gemstones from around the world including clusters, geodes, fossils, bric-a-brac, antiquities and collectables Thursday - Saturday 10.00Am - 4.00Pm Sunday 12.00Am - 4.00Pm
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

I love this place, amazing range.

However, I wanted to address what's been said here about the hugging. I saw one review saying it wasn't their cup of tea and Stan addressed that by saying that only 1% of people have an issue with it.

Then Stan went on to say that another person had also complained about this.

It seems that many, many people love the hug and the environment but what Stan is failing to accept is that some people value their personal space and don't want to touch someone so intimately that they don't know.

Now, I'm not sure if Stan asks for permission before he does this, but even if he does so, it would be very socially awkward for someone to say no.

Now of course one could argue that this is his place and he can do what he wants, but if someone attends without knowing this custom, then it's understandable that they might be uncomfortable.

Stan, could you confirm whether or not you ask for permission first so we can further this discussion?

I am quite sure that you mean absolutely no harm but perhaps haven't thought this all the way through.

2  Thank Louner

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Everyone!!! do yourself a favour and head on over to this lovely bushland setting for a wonderful experience.
Every Saturday and Sunday afternoon for an hour, immerse yourself, body, mind and spirit, in the wonderful sounds of gong meditation. You will "float" away.

Melissa and Stan are attentive, friendly hosts.
You wont be disappointed.

1  Thank ChrisG1311
Reviewed 21 May 2017

We were all greeted by a male who I think is the owner with a man hug for everyone - not my cup of tea - interesting selection of products but seemed expensive to me but I am not an expert in this area

1  Thank MicknOlga
Auzmel, Manager at The Crystal Cavern, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

If you don't like this sort of thing, why did you come? Sorry about the hug, but you must be one of the 1% that I come across. I sell quartz crystals from $15 per kilo which I believe are the cheapest in Australia. By the way are you a friend of Juanita Ing? Two reviews now - both complaining about the Hug and being Expensive, sounds very suspect.
You say "interesting selection of products, but seemed expensive to me, but I am not an expert in this area" so how do you know there expensive? if you are not an expert in this area. We happen to be one of the cheapest!

Reviewed 15 November 2016

This is well worth the trip out to Carmel. Fantastic array of Crystals and other curiosities. Stan(the proprietor) is a real character with a big heart. There isn't anything he doesn't know about crystals and much more. There is always much laughter and fun to be had here. The sense of peace and tranquillity makes it's hard to leave.

3  Thank Kim H