“Birthday dinner”

Get food delivered
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2021

Went there in February for my husband’s birthday I had never been to this restaurant before, there was 9 in our party food was ok small portions was a bit disappointing, the restaurant was very busy and only one person serving we waited one hour for our Oder to be taken then I had to keep asking how long our food would be as one of my guest had to leave and it still took them an hour to bring the food, I can’t understand if they have so many bookings why they didn’t get more staff in the lady who was serving was very nice and was trying to do the best she could.

Date of visit: February 2021

Reviewed 7 February 2021 via mobile

We came here as a group of 8. I had the risotto which was nice enough. Varied reviews from my gang on their mains. BYO option was great.

The restaurant is small with no aircon and it was very hot inside, despite the doors being open.

Most disappointing was the tiramisu. The idea of homemade tiramisu in an authentic Italian restaurant was so tempting that 5 of us ordered it. It was like no tiramisu I’ve ever tasted (and believe me there have been many). It was awful. Basically stale sponge with a creamy topping, drizzled with chocolate sauce. No coffee, no liquor, definitely no soaked sponge. Really, really disappointing. I refuse to believe this is any kind of authentic recipe. I’ve eaten this dessert in Italy and may variations of it everywhere. I’ve also made it myself. Nothing like this. Not a single one of us ate it all. I would have passed on my thoughts but I wasn’t asked how my meal was and we felt we’d overstayed, so we left.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 16 October 2020 via mobile

My partner reserved a table for my 51st birthday. She made the reservation early for our family, party of three. I was looking forward to a nice evening out with my son and partner. Unfortunately when we arrived at 7pm, for our 7pm booking, the place was full with many tables still a long way from eating, and perhaps even ordering. We were told that a table would be ready in 10min. 10 minutes later we were told 10 more minutes. Then we were told sorry for the mix up with a full house and not an empty table in sight. Quite frankly my partner is very calm and patient whereas I'm not. I find it quite appalling that a business can flipantly not have a booking ready or accommodate a reservation of 3, especially on an occasion such as a birthday. Perhaps the food is good, but service that lets you down like this deserves nothing other than zero stars. Unfortunately I needed to give one. Please change your service procedures as this was quite upsetting. Thanks for nothing! We went to a Ichigo Chie, a Japanese establishment, down the road and had a wonderful evening. I'm glad we spent our $$ in a restaurant that actually wanted our business. We will never return or recommend Bella Bambino.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 11 July 2020

Had not visited this gem for over 12 months we forgot how great the food and the service was We are going back tonight Excellent value great flavors highly recommend to anyone wanting home style cooking it’s just great

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 24 May 2020

Another fantastic night at Bella Bambina with gourmet meals served by the hostess with the most attentive skill. Have been here many times and have always had fabulous meals from the varied menu. The Chef never fails to impress.

Date of visit: May 2020