eDreams
Agoda.com
Priceline
StayForLong
All reviews local pub a couple of minutes walk one night stopover sea view the owner a great place to stay room was large new owners tasman sea enjoyed our stay free wifi the main road town centre small complex sunset punakaiki units
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2021

We stayed two nights and really enjoyed our stay. We found the owners to be very positive and friendly. We loved the views of the sea and sunset. We could walk down to the beach in just a couple of minutes. We found the motels to be quiet, even though they are on the main road. We liked that it was just a small complex.
The unit was very clean and had everything we needed.
We also loved the owners recommendation on where to have dinner.
We would certainly stay again.

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 22 December 2020

Very pleasant stay. Great facilities, more than we expected for sure (hard to find a room with a toaster, kettle and microwave). Very friendly staff. Clean, cozy and very comfortable accomodation. Would definitely stay again, highly recommend :)

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2020 via mobile

This motel lives up to its name...lie in bed and watch the waves crashing onto the beach, which is 1 minute walk from the motel.
The room was clean and airy, heater in the room as well as the bathroom. There is a mirror in the room, as well as in the bathroom, which isn’t very common in motels.
Tea, coffee and sugar sachets are available, but if you want more than one cup each, bring extra supplies.
Netflix is available but you need to use your own account. Wifi is reliable.
The owner is unfortunately not very friendly or easy to approach with a problem. She reminded us multiple times that we had to be gone by 10am, even underlining it on the guest card and wasn’t happy to be asked a question later after we’d checked in.
Apart from interaction with the owner, this is a great place to stay.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank RoseY118
Reviewed 17 March 2020

Arrived early, booking in wasn't an issue. Room was large, bed comfortable, great view, easy walk to the beach (not fit for swimming), slightly longer walk to local pub. Breakfast isn't offered. Bathroom well appointed. Despite being next to State Highway - very quiet. Well worth the 10km drive from Greymouth.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 8 March 2020

Lovely location. I have stayed here before and have recommended it to others. I don't know if I will again. The female owner was nice. The male owner banged on our door at 10.04 am (to be generous, 10:06am at the latest) and was angry we had not left. I said we are getting ready to leave. He stood there and said "you have read your contract, you have to be gone by 10, I have other things to do"!

I was there for a relaxing weekend, so I did not set my alarm. I don't want to set my alarm on a Sunday morning on a weekend away. We left at 10:27am in the end. If he is going to be so precise on timing, then perhaps he should give discounts when people leave early?

He is in the hospitality industry. I think he has forgotten that. If we were still there at 11, sure, we should have left, that is more than a margin of error. But being angry that we hadn't left by 10:06am?! Ruined the weekend. We had an argument when I wanted to relax. Perhaps he should change industry or leave the business to his wife/partner, who was nice.

Date of stay: February 2020