All reviews fishing village mountain bikes phu quoc daily specials free cocktail authentic vietnamese food coconut trees dvd player sea urchins free kayaks what makes this place cocktail hour snorkel gear remote location piece of paradise baguette passion fruit
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Had the best time, perfect service, friendly staff. Recommended for peace and quiet on your holiday. Would like to go there again Clean room and nice swimming pool. Beach clean and nice, boats for guests.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ingibjörg G
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We were in Peppercorn Lodge for 4 nights and almost 5 days. There is nothing to do in Phy Quoc much and it has become a loud tourist trap.
Peppercorn Lodge is a great place to be, but kind of a golden prison. The staff is perfect, nice and SO good. We loved them. They are great to families.
The pool is small, but clean and we had a great time there.
The restaurant is amazing, the cocktails are just more than perfect: passion fruit mojito
Massage at spa was great.
BUT
It is impossible to walk on the beach. there are SO many large rocks in the water that we all have cuts and it is impossible to swim properly or to let kids go too far as they all had so many bruises and bumped so many places.
Useless bikes and nowhere very nice to go to.
Attractions are poor compared to other places: peppercorn farms are cute but small, pearl farms are a disaster, Duong Dong is rather horrendous.
Not sure if Phu Quoc is worth it, but if you are there, Peppercorn beach resort is great, but only for those who want to rest and do nothing and sip cocktails with perfect staff for several days.

Room Tip: get the rooms close to the sea, sea front
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank AnnieJ72
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

My friends and I had four days at Peppercorn. We loved the food, especially the breakfast, fresh and tasty. The staff were so nice and helpfull. Our friend got sick and they were so kind to her!
They have free snorkel equipment and kayaks, perfect when the water is quietly. The beach is clean and so is the water. The rooms are very simple, but when the weater is good outside, you also just need a good bed and a greate shower.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank zensi1
Reviewed 8 June 2018

You likely won't be able to find a beach this clear, calm, and full of sea creatures like Peppercorn's. This is the reason why I give it four stars.

There are misses with the resort service while we were there though, for instances, room wasn't cleaned thoroughly by service team who left some garbage and used cups untouched; workers that just stood there, looked at us, and didn't politely yield way when we walked by and were forced to get on pathway and walk on grass (something top notched service team would handle differently); coffee wasn't completely coffee but was composed of a bunch of other roasted beans and corn which provided a slightly sweet but very bitter texture and didn't give drinker a mental boost as real coffee would; food was so so, never had a wow meal or dish; Internet did not work most of the time; some problems with running water...

The owners of Peppercorn have lots of room to improve in terms of service.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Minh N
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Bit of a weird review considering my partner and I never made it to Peppercorn resort! This was due to an extremely unfortunate injury, just days before our scheduled arrival date. We had been looking forward to this holiday for weeks :( When we learned that we wouldn't be able to go I was worried that we would still be charged since it was less than a week to our reservation date (a minimum of a week is required if you want to cancel or change your booking). I emailed Peppercorn and explained the situation. They were very gracious about the situation and did not charge us.

I can't comment on the actual resort itself, however, I can comment on their ability to take customer satisfaction and wellbeing seriously! If you're looking for a resort that will look after you I believe Peppercorn is the one. I can assure you as soon as my partner is walking that we'll be making our way over to Peppercorn asap!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple