1,719 results
All reviews main bar animation team pool bar sea view agios nikolaos a la carte restaurants sandwiches all inclusive hotel salt water all inclusive drinks beach volleyball great holiday dvd player all inclusive package water aerobics soft drinks family room
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We are still staying in this hotel and first time I am leaving review during the stay as there is many to say, but most important - hotel is not appropriate choice if you have small kids or babies: 1st - food choice is very pure - there are table for kids only in the evening with sandwiches, pasta and mainly this is it! No healthy snack (fruits, vegetables) in between the breakfast and lunch - only the sandwiches and hot dog!? Juices are disaster tastes (from the machine no tetra-pack) I would not drink it myself, not talking about the kids! Breakfast menu is so limited that if you stay more than a week you end up with the egg every time.. and in general if you want to eat smth more healthy - not possible, because all the meat or fish are “swimming” in some unknown sauce. Not every time even written what kind of food it is! I would kindly ask if hotel management would feed their own kids with the sandwiches, hot dogs and etc for 10 days?! I tried to ask one waitress for some banana or apple for my 2 year kid and she said “I need to ask my manager” and offered me to wait for more than hour till launch!? Say it to the kid.. is it all inclusive really??
In general it is OK hotel (but definitely not 5*) , old fashioned, but with the nice view and friendly stuff. Hotel is clean and suitable for those who travel and not using all inclusive package, as if you were at least once in Turkey (with all inclusive), note, that there is nothing even close to it.
I hope it will be useful for those who travel with the small ones, but I would not come back here or recommend it to my friends. P.s. now when I review all the small rating comments there are so many correct tips given to the hotel, but still nothing has changed..

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
10  Thank DonataD
Reviewed 10 October 2017

From the moment we checked in, to Maria who is in charge of guest services, all our needs were met....The food is wonderful and the executive chef is amazing ..forgot his name!, but greeted us whenever he saw us. This hotel has a wonderful large pool, and a quiet sun baking area in front of the beach .. The rooms were clean and beautiful....Only comment I think a proper hairdryer could be available on request if any lady required.
Other than that perfect!!!!

Room Tip: Front ocean view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Nihal C, Manager at Blue Marine Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear maturing,
Thank you very much for your visit to our Blue Marine Resort & Spa!

It is a great pleasure to read that you had an absolutely excellent stay with us. We do the utmost to make our guests’ stay comfortable and a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We have had a excellent stay at the blue marine at the end of september. The hotel is all inclusive with 4 different restaurants to use over the week and each and everyone of them delivers excellent food. The pool although salt water is refreshing and the staff and cleanness are of a high standard. For a weeks all inclusive you can't go wrong and the only negative i can find is the beach is a fair bit stoney, other than that a must for the price we paid.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andy M

Dear Andy M,
We would like to thank you for your positive review and your kind words.

We are truly delighted to read that you remained satisfied with our hotel and that you had a great and relaxing holiday here in Blue Marine Resort & Spa.

Thanks for mentioning about how satisfied you are with the attentive service provided by our staff.

We surely hope to welcome you again for another great holiday!

Warmest Regards from Crete,

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Three of us stayed in a family room. This was a good size and it was worth paying the extra to get a pool view. The hotel was kept immaculately clean. We had no trouble finding empty sunbeds and there were plenty of parasols for those who don't like the full sun. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the food in the main restaurant. The a la carte restaurants served delicious food, but do not eat much earlier in the day as their portions are generously sized! There is a gym but the opening times were quite limited and there were a few pieces of equipment that were not working. The animation team offered a variety of different activities from morning yoga, aqua aerobics to Latin dance lessons and capoeira. We particularly enjoyed the daily quiz. Overall an excellent hotel with good bus transport into Agios Nikolaos.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Angelavert4,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property.

We really appreciate your comments regarding our hospitality, great food, cleanliness and helpful staff.

We will be more than happy to serve you again as soon as possible.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I think we must have had the smallest room in the hotel! It was smaller than the single room next door and the two double rooms the other side of my room were twice the size. There were lovely views from the hotel but my room had views of a wall! The room was quite uncomfortable. Two single hard beds. The bathroom was so small I had to sidle around the door to get in. The smallest shower I have ever seen. Leaking sink and broken rail. Don’t forget to bring your toiletries with you (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and bar soap) as these are not provided. No flannels either.

There are plenty of sunbeds at the pool but the pool is not heated and is really cold.

The food is pretty awful. Not a lot of selection and it is served luke warm and sometimes cold. It is quite hard to find hot food here. I didn’t realise until I arrived as I had been given details of the restaurants and how to book them but you are unable to book them unless you stay a minimum of 4 nights and then you are only entitled to book one per 5 nights stay.

There are no branded drinks. All drinks are only local and watered down versions, very sweet and sugary. One good thing is you will never get drunk or tipsy!!

There are dozens of steps. There are elevators but these are continually out of action, broken or take a long time to get to you as there are not very many of them. Quite confusingly they only go to certain places. They either don’t stop at the ground floor or only part of the floor you wish to visit. There are no porters or concierge. So you will be left lugging your luggage all over the hotel and up and down ramps or stairs.

The maid service is very poor. The beds were not made and I had to chase after the cleaner and only one clean towel left. Every day I had to ask for clean towels. No room service for food or drink. No pool service. The hotel is very noisy. You can hear everything outside your room and the continual noise of banging doors. Not a place to come to if you want a restful holiday. It is also miles from anywhere so no local activities, restaurants, cafes, shopping malls etc.

There is a mini bar stocked with two bottles of water and no other drinks like sprite, wine, beer etc. You are also unable to get the bottles to stock up the fridge from the bar and will have to go out and buy them!!

I have no idea why this is a five star hotel. It really is awful.

Room Tip: Avoid room 436
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Katie L

Dear Katie L,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us!

It is never our intention to disappoint a guest in any way. We will review your comments at our meeting to address the issues that you encountered during your visit.

Of course we would have liked to have been able to discuss any issues you had whilst in Hotel as we hope that all guests can have excellent holidays here with us.

Please be assured that this does not reflect our service standards and that we will follow up the situation with our entire team for make improvements in these points.

Do hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Kind regards,