Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Barry W

A unique paradise

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Mar 2024via mobile
A Samoan resort,owned by Samoan,run by Samoan.Relaxing,friendly environment,with the ideal beach location Do the tours and experiences ,they are a must,and if Tupu is there ,he is as they say,Samoas best guide
We learnt so much .Most of the staff are related and it all “ties in” to make the experience even more memorable
Just blend in and relax and then you will no why you came
A unique resort stay the like of which I have not had before
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mel Toailoa, Other at Return to Paradise Resort & Spa, responded to this review
Responded 26 Mar 2024
Talofa Barry
Thank you for your review.
Tupu is fantastic - we had guests return to Samoa after having a tour with him 14 years ago. This of course speaks volumes to Tupu as a person - his knowledge and experience is amazing and are glad you were able to experience a tour with him!
We love being Samoan owned and operated - that does make us unique and our goal is that this is our strength and a reason for excellence and outstanding service. Thank you for coming to enjoy, relax and blend in :)
Get rewarded with One Key
  • Priceline
  • eDreams
17.1 km from Return to Paradise Resort & Spa
View more hotels in Matautu
All reviews paradise resort beach front low tide fish pool bar beautiful beach relaxing holiday giant clams palm trees hired a car happy hour string band honeymoon suite sua trench tour desk food and drinks south pacific
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 March 2024

An absolutely beautiful resort. We were blown away by our welcome at reception, a gorgeous room with lovely touches, pools were lovely, cool and refreshing. Restaurants both Main and Rock pool, great service and yummy food! The beach can only be described as an area of outstanding natural beauty- soft sand, palms, amazing sunsets. We snorkelled at the beach wow!
The Team were warm, caring, friendly and ultra helpful.
I must call out Isa, Leiga, Veronica and Simone at reception. Fosi and Muly Muly in the restaurant. And of course Mika and all of his wonderful Team whose names I cannot remember.
The FiaFia night a night of culture, food and fun times.
We had an amazing experience and holiday!

Room tip: The Fia Fia night on Wednesday is a must do! An extravaganza of dance, music and song. The fire dancers were amazing.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Mel Toailoa, Other at Return to Paradise Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2024

Talofa!!
Thank you for your review - we have shared with Isa, Leiga, Veronica, Simoni, Fosi, Mulimuli and Mika - as well as our extended team your kind words. Thanks for taking the time to speak with our staff and get to know their names too - 8 names is very impressive!
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us - we are so blessed to be surrounded by the natural beauty of Samoa - we aim to preserve the natural beauty and not take for granted what we've been blessed to oversee and what we get to do every day!
thank you for visiting our Paradise!

Reviewed 19 March 2024

Return to Paradise is paradise! The owners of this Samoan-owned resort are onsite, welcoming and so gracious! I came for the best sunset in Samoa and loved this beautiful resort so much I extended my stay. Every clean unit is steps to a large, white, powder sand beach with rock pools you could swim and snorkle in calm ocean water. The gardens are fabulous and landscape staff are constantly maintaining and planting more trees. Lots of pools and 3 restaurants. The Paradise Kitchen has great sunset view and ocean breezes. the Rock Bar has lots of private romantic tables to view the fabulous sunsets. Booked tours with knowledgable local RTP tour guides to see all the sites on this island. The guides are very safety conscious and environmentally sensitive when swimming with turtles and seeing the large clams which I appreciate. They told Samoan jokes which I enjoyed! The lifeguard visited every unit to discuss safety issues due to high waves on several occasions. I really appreciate this personal communication. Also learned about the coral restoration projects that RTP supports and met one of the biologists who was staying at RTP. RTP clearly understand the importance of this environmental project. The history of the movie "Return to Paradise" that was filmed here was interesting and many staff are descendents of original Samoans in this movie! We had supper and watched the movie in the movie theatre. The award-winning cultural shows on Wednesday (firedancers!) and Saturday are amazing, high energy and the performers engage the crowd. Samoans are so talented! On day delivered school supplies to the local school and the kids were excited for our visit and performed for us. RTP collected $10 tala to buy school supplies for us to deliver as they know what the school needs. Did a casual trip into Apia for shopping and lunch with local taxi. Recommend you pick up snacks and drinks for your room. Bring some movies on a USB stick, there is tv (with USB port) but limited selection. My biggest take away was how quiet (no barking dogs or traffic) and how clean everything was here. As a solo female remote worker I felt very safe here and good wifi. I also noticed how fast and efficient the housekeeping team work. When not cleaning units, they were cleaning windows and deep cleaning vacant units. They even brought me items I needed after their shift was done! This lovely dedicated team were always happy, singing, chatting, yet when I was working they quickly cleaned around me. All the staff are amazin however the housekeeping team are the unsung heros in this resort! I would stay again and maybe for 3 months next year!

Room tip: If you choose a garden view, ask for 2nd level (500 series) as you may get some view of the ocean, the ocean breeze and more privacy.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Talofa Lorriem,
Thankyou for your review.
We've read your feedback to our team leaders during a morning briefing - and our staff were beaming with pride.
Our Housekeeping Manager Rosalia deserves recognition for stepping up to give this important role a try, She has been leading her team to new accomplishments all the time. Us being able to share your feedback with her (and her team) - is one of the best things about our roles here.
We are so pleased that you felt safe as a solo traveller - that is so very important to us - and hopefully you can return again soon to stay for a longer period of time :)
We also loved hearing about your experience with our beach attendant. Our beach is moody, and there is a best time to swim and then other times we deem it unsafe and close the beach. For the most part - there are no issues - but on the odd occassion it may be unsafe -we will share this information, and put up the beach closed signs. This is also why we must vet our day guests - as guardians of the beach we must.
There are so many helpful, kind, and insightful comments youve put in your review - we know we arent everyones cup of tea and we dont always get it right - but hearing about the small things you noticed in our Resort and our people was so special!

Reviewed 17 March 2024

At first I was a little hesitant and wondered if I’d made a mistake booking myself into a family resort (normally don’t do resorts) but from an initial wobble on my part I can honestly say I have loved being ‘part of this family’. So much so that when I found out my flight home was cancelled I was happy to think I may get to stay longer! (And I did 😀)
The staff and owners have been so kind, helpful, happy, and genuinely care. Their whole focus is on the guests feeling welcomed and having the best experience they can offer.
The evening entertainment (on twice a week during my stay) was fabulous!! There is so much incredible talent on this resort!
The tours I did (the resort offer these at extra cost) were excellent. Tour guides who actually look after you and go all out to make your experience memorable.
A very sufficient and tasty continental breakfast is supplied along with the option to buy other dishes too if you want more.
The food is tasty and the buffet on the FaiFai nights is beautiful and plentiful.
In my experience nothing is too much to ask here. If there’s any problem you find, let them know then watch how quick they respond to rectify things for you, if they can of course! Amazing people. Amazing stay. Will be back for sure!
Fa’afetai lava to all the staff and owners.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Mel Toailoa, Other at Return to Paradise Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2024

Talofa Relax08011406043
Thank you for your feedback.
We aim to make our guests feel like part of the family, to showcase our wonderful people and their hospitality, as well as their talents. Our Maeva Show (Saturday) and fiafia show (Wednesdays), and our tour guides (Tupu & Asotasi) - our extended staff are what we are the most proud of. Our People.
Luckily for us for your intial wobbles, leading to your booking and for the cancelled flight allowing you to extend a little longer! We arent for everyone, but for some we are exactly the place they needed and we love it when we find those guests where these two meet - a great outcome for both us.
Fa'afetai for visiting Paradise, we hope to host you again one day soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2024

What a beautiful stay !!

We had a late check in and so when we arrived it was already dark, to my surprise the Resort at night was well lit and made me want to go for a wander before getting to my room. Our room was really easy to find and after a long flight plus drive from the airport, we were greeted with a huge bed, high cielings and very handsome bathroom. The 3 bedroom villa all had ensuites as well as amazing air conditiong. Unlike the other reviews, everything in our room was functioning. Every light, every lamp, every lock and the bedding was perfect.

The breakfast bar in the morning was limited, however I have no complaints as I drowned myself in their tropical juice and koko esi lol The staff were welcoming and very friendly.

We were travelling for a wedding however wished we could've stayed longer for the relaxation. The chapel the ceremony was held in was breathtaking! It was hard to focus on the newly wedds during the ceremony because I kept getting distracted from the breeze and the seaview coming through the many windows. The brides entrance was a moment to rememeber as they had performers that guided her.

The walk from the chapel to the dining hall where the reception was held in was in fact beautiful. Really clean, sandy beach and the staff were very friendly upon arrival to the reception hall. The horsd'oeuvre's they served which consisted of 8 options were YUM. Thats the only word I can use. YUM. The oka and the taro chip with the mussels on top were my FAVOURITE!! Once the food was served, the freshly cooked tuna was again YUM. If only gout didn't run in my family, I would've swolled the whole serving tray!

The serving staff were amazing !!! I had 2 little ones with me (both under 4) and they were very attentive. The event planner Jo (whom I've never met) definitley made sure we were well looked after. The staff made sure the kids always had a cold drink, bussed the tables contantly and constantly offered to bring new tableware and cuttlery because the kids kept dropping it on the floor when eatting. After putting the kids to sleep, I started my first glass of wine to which the servers made sure was never empty. There were 2 male staff (apologies I didn't catch their names) who were just superstars and I noticed they were constantly cleaning, cleaning, cleaning making sure nothing touched the floor and there was nothing anyone would slip on during the performances. I had no clue I had drunk so much because I was having so much fun! I had my first glass at 2:30pm, I was drunk and in bed by 4pm LOL Woke up and realised the staff had given us fresh new towels and toiletries aswell.

Just wanted to thank the staff for their patience and beautiful hospitalilty towards me and my family during our stay <3

Definitley coming back next time and but will try to not drink as much so I could've had more swimming time LOL

Room tip: When booking your stay, do your research with the weather as well as buying everything you would need for ex - medication, personal hygiene.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Mel Toailoa, Other at Return to Paradise Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2024

Talofa Teresa
Thank you for your review.
We are pleased you enjoyed our villa. Theyre a great option for older families / groups travelling together as the 2 bedroom has 2 bathrooms, and 3 bedrooms have 3 bathrooms - so you dont need to share with others you arent sharing a room with - if thats what you prefer :) Thank you for mentioning all the electrical outlets - when planning our villas we had added in extras for convienence.
We have removed complimentary breakfast and made other options so guests can nominate whether or not they wish to have breakfast with us, or in many cases our guests with own kitchens are cooking in their villas too. From 1st April we will be combining our tropical and cooked breakfast buffet - but it will still be referred to as TROPICAL - these changes we hope will simplify breakfast.
Samoa is such a beautiful place to relax and unwind - and February / March are great times to travel if you like to have a more quiet holiday (also generally the best deals with flights/rentals and so on) so its a great time to think about travelling again in the future too ;)
"If only gout didnt run in my family.." lol this did make us laugh! We are so pleased you enjoyed the wedding food - our team are awesome at doing Wedding & Event banquets - when its a buffet they also know the food that hits the spot - most often than not resulting in over - eating :) sorry!!!
And thank you for mentinong Jo and our staff! the 2 young men you mention who were clearing were likely Bruce and Neemia, and the waitstaff at the wedding included Maimai, Mose, Ahkey and Lima (males). We are super proud of our staff but especially when our guests notice their extras - starting with a smile! Sounds like you had an epic and likely well deserved night off - if 1430-1600 was your Wine-O window and you were out for the count :)
Thanks again Teresa, we look forward to having you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2024

Came for the wedding, wanted to stay for the relaxtion LOL

I was fortunate enough to be invited to a friends wedding in the beautiful island of Samoa, however I was skeptic at first due to the bad reviews I have read. We had a late check in due to our late flight, however once we arrived to the resort, I was amazed at how beautifuly lit the pathways were.After being greeted with the heat of Samoa after a long flight, walking into our villa was so worth it. From the spacious rooms to the large walk in showers, I didn't want to leave LOL

When we woke in the morning, I was abit saddened at the variety of food available, however asking the staff as to why the options are limited, they had said the island itself is currently limited to resources. Nevertheless, I came to expierence Samoa, not another version of New Zealand, so I ordered food from the menu and I must say, the food was beautiful! From the presentation to the portions. I had 3 plates of the french toast LOL The prices are abit steep, however, if you take into considertaion that the resort are helping locals in the village with employment, I reckon the pricing is worth it.

The food at the wedding venue is BEAUTIFUL!! I loved the service from amazing servers aswell as Joanne? Sorry if I had forgotten the spelling, but she was amazing as well as the waiting staff.

Overall, no regrets, just wished I could have more annual leave to stay longer. Can't wait to return in the future !

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Mel Toailoa, Other at Return to Paradise Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2024

Talofa GoPlaces
Thank you kindly for your review.
Being able to host a wedding is such an honour, and along with the big day we get the opportunity to meet wedding guests as well.. including yourself. and YES Joanne is a Wedding & Event executive with us - we will share your feedback with our team. THANK YOU
You are right, there are some bad reviews on Samoa - some are justified - some are people who have came to the wrong tropical island! Samoa is the place to visit to relax and unwind, yes there's WIFI - and some places there is fibre, yes many of us have aircons- but the selling point of Samoa is the natural beauty, being less commercial than the other tourist islands, and our rich culture! Tropical = hot, humid. Its important to us we attract the right guests to our beautiful country too - as when we do they love it :)
We have some unique challenges - this past month imports were delayed more than a week (hasn't been this extreme before) so even the supermarkets were waiting for their shelves to be replenished... so we just need to plan better around this and we are definitely working on this :) We are glad to hear you enjoyed our french toast :)
Once again thank you for your review, we are sorry you dont have more annual leave but when you do we look forward to seeing you again!
Kind regards