Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Teresa105

Definitley Returning!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Mar 2024
What a beautiful stay !!

We had a late check in and so when we arrived it was already dark, to my surprise the Resort at night was well lit and made me want to go for a wander before getting to my room. Our room was really easy to find and after a long flight plus drive from the airport, we were greeted with a huge bed, high cielings and very handsome bathroom. The 3 bedroom villa all had ensuites as well as amazing air conditiong. Unlike the other reviews, everything in our room was functioning. Every light, every lamp, every lock and the bedding was perfect.

The breakfast bar in the morning was limited, however I have no complaints as I drowned myself in their tropical juice and koko esi lol The staff were welcoming and very friendly.

We were travelling for a wedding however wished we could've stayed longer for the relaxation. The chapel the ceremony was held in was breathtaking! It was hard to focus on the newly wedds during the ceremony because I kept getting distracted from the breeze and the seaview coming through the many windows. The brides entrance was a moment to rememeber as they had performers that guided her.

The walk from the chapel to the dining hall where the reception was held in was in fact beautiful. Really clean, sandy beach and the staff were very friendly upon arrival to the reception hall. The horsd'oeuvre's they served which consisted of 8 options were YUM. Thats the only word I can use. YUM. The oka and the taro chip with the mussels on top were my FAVOURITE!! Once the food was served, the freshly cooked tuna was again YUM. If only gout didn't run in my family, I would've swolled the whole serving tray!

The serving staff were amazing !!! I had 2 little ones with me (both under 4) and they were very attentive. The event planner Jo (whom I've never met) definitley made sure we were well looked after. The staff made sure the kids always had a cold drink, bussed the tables contantly and constantly offered to bring new tableware and cuttlery because the kids kept dropping it on the floor when eatting. After putting the kids to sleep, I started my first glass of wine to which the servers made sure was never empty. There were 2 male staff (apologies I didn't catch their names) who were just superstars and I noticed they were constantly cleaning, cleaning, cleaning making sure nothing touched the floor and there was nothing anyone would slip on during the performances. I had no clue I had drunk so much because I was having so much fun! I had my first glass at 2:30pm, I was drunk and in bed by 4pm LOL Woke up and realised the staff had given us fresh new towels and toiletries aswell.

Just wanted to thank the staff for their patience and beautiful hospitalilty towards me and my family during our stay <3

Definitley coming back next time and but will try to not drink as much so I could've had more swimming time LOL
Date of stay: March 2024
Room Tip: When booking your stay, do your research with the weather as well as buying everything you would...
Trip type: Travelled with family
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Mel Toailoa, Other at Return to Paradise Resort & Spa, responded to this review
Responded 12 Mar 2024
Talofa Teresa
Thank you for your review.
We are pleased you enjoyed our villa. Theyre a great option for older families / groups travelling together as the 2 bedroom has 2 bathrooms, and 3 bedrooms have 3 bathrooms - so you dont need to share with others you arent sharing a room with - if thats what you prefer :) Thank you for mentioning all the electrical outlets - when planning our villas we had added in extras for convienence.
We have removed complimentary breakfast and made other options so guests can nominate whether or not they wish to have breakfast with us, or in many cases our guests with own kitchens are cooking in their villas too. From 1st April we will be combining our tropical and cooked breakfast buffet - but it will still be referred to as TROPICAL - these changes we hope will simplify breakfast.
Samoa is such a beautiful place to relax and unwind - and February / March are great times to travel if you like to have a more quiet holiday (also generally the best deals with flights/rentals and so on) so its a great time to think about travelling again in the future too ;)
"If only gout didnt run in my family.." lol this did make us laugh! We are so pleased you enjoyed the wedding food - our team are awesome at doing Wedding & Event banquets - when its a buffet they also know the food that hits the spot - most often than not resulting in over - eating :) sorry!!!
And thank you for mentinong Jo and our staff! the 2 young men you mention who were clearing were likely Bruce and Neemia, and the waitstaff at the wedding included Maimai, Mose, Ahkey and Lima (males). We are super proud of our staff but especially when our guests notice their extras - starting with a smile! Sounds like you had an epic and likely well deserved night off - if 1430-1600 was your Wine-O window and you were out for the count :)
Thanks again Teresa, we look forward to having you back with us again soon!
$655
Beachfront
43.8 km from Return to Paradise Resort & Spa
Beachfront
View more hotels in Matautu
All reviews paradise resort beach front low tide fish pool bar beautiful beach relaxing holiday giant clams palm trees hired a car happy hour string band honeymoon suite sua trench tour desk food and drinks south pacific
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2024

Came for the wedding, wanted to stay for the relaxtion LOL

I was fortunate enough to be invited to a friends wedding in the beautiful island of Samoa, however I was skeptic at first due to the bad reviews I have read. We had a late check in due to our late flight, however once we arrived to the resort, I was amazed at how beautifuly lit the pathways were.After being greeted with the heat of Samoa after a long flight, walking into our villa was so worth it. From the spacious rooms to the large walk in showers, I didn't want to leave LOL

When we woke in the morning, I was abit saddened at the variety of food available, however asking the staff as to why the options are limited, they had said the island itself is currently limited to resources. Nevertheless, I came to expierence Samoa, not another version of New Zealand, so I ordered food from the menu and I must say, the food was beautiful! From the presentation to the portions. I had 3 plates of the french toast LOL The prices are abit steep, however, if you take into considertaion that the resort are helping locals in the village with employment, I reckon the pricing is worth it.

The food at the wedding venue is BEAUTIFUL!! I loved the service from amazing servers aswell as Joanne? Sorry if I had forgotten the spelling, but she was amazing as well as the waiting staff.

Overall, no regrets, just wished I could have more annual leave to stay longer. Can't wait to return in the future !

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Mel Toailoa, Other at Return to Paradise Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2024

Talofa GoPlaces
Thank you kindly for your review.
Being able to host a wedding is such an honour, and along with the big day we get the opportunity to meet wedding guests as well.. including yourself. and YES Joanne is a Wedding & Event executive with us - we will share your feedback with our team. THANK YOU
You are right, there are some bad reviews on Samoa - some are justified - some are people who have came to the wrong tropical island! Samoa is the place to visit to relax and unwind, yes there's WIFI - and some places there is fibre, yes many of us have aircons- but the selling point of Samoa is the natural beauty, being less commercial than the other tourist islands, and our rich culture! Tropical = hot, humid. Its important to us we attract the right guests to our beautiful country too - as when we do they love it :)
We have some unique challenges - this past month imports were delayed more than a week (hasn't been this extreme before) so even the supermarkets were waiting for their shelves to be replenished... so we just need to plan better around this and we are definitely working on this :) We are glad to hear you enjoyed our french toast :)
Once again thank you for your review, we are sorry you dont have more annual leave but when you do we look forward to seeing you again!
Kind regards

Reviewed 21 February 2024 via mobile

Second time staying here and loved all of the updated and new amenities. The natural beauty surrounding the resort, from the beautiful and clear beach to the tropical landscapes, provided a truly beautiful experience. The staff's warm hospitality and commitment to ensuring my friends and I’s satisfaction were outstanding. The accommodations blended modern comfort with traditional Samoan attire was stunning to say at the least. From engaging cultural activities to the relaxing spa services, every aspect of my stay exceeded expectations. The Wednesday and Friday fiafia nights were an absolute highlight for me and my friends. I would also like to acknowledge the tour guides mika and tasi. They were excellent and really entertaining. Will definitely be doing the swimming with the turtles and clams tour with the resort again when I come back. I wholeheartedly recommend this resort to anyone seeking a beautiful and culturally immersive escape. We will definitely be returning to paradise again

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Deon T
Mel Toailoa, Other at Return to Paradise Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2024

Talofa Deon T
Thank you for your review - our team were very excited and proud of themselves to hear about the 100/10!
The biggest compliment to us is where you return to stay, as well as recommending us to friends and family - so knowing you will return for a 3rd visit, and you are recommending us - we appreciate it. We want to attract the guests who are looking to kick back and relax, enjoy the natural beauty of Samoa and her people, understand island time too!
Our Wednesday night & Saturday night groups performers are our staff and extended Resort family (as they are at most shows around the Country) and we are immensely proud of them - they are National Champions and work really hard to practice and show case their talent. Its normally a highlight of our guests - to come along to one or both shows - so thank you for mentioning they were a highlight to you too!
Once again Deon, we are so pleased we were able to meet your expectations! thanks for being a pleasure to look after, and we look forward to seeing you again soon when you Return to Paradise

Reviewed 21 February 2024 via mobile

I had always heard good things about Return to Paradise so had high hopes but was unfortunately let down. The place is quite run down and needs some attention. Our room was extremely dated, only one power outlet worked in the whole room, the lights didn’t work in the bedroom or laundry/kitchen area.

After our first night, we placed all our towels and sheets on the bathroom floor as we would at our hotels we stay at expected them to be replaced, however, when we returned later that evening expecting to jump into our freshly made bed, we were disappointed to find the dirty towels and sheets were exactly where we left them on the bathroom floor and our room hadn’t been cleaned.

My husband went to reception and asked for some new towels and came back with 2 towels which had brown stains over them.. I hate to think what these stains were… disgusting.

The food was just okay, quite expensive for what it is and came out cold and stale.

Unfortunately due to these factors, I will not be recommending this place to anyone. You can get so much more for your money at other resorts on the island.

Room tip: Consider other options on the Island
Trip type: Travelled with family
Mel Toailoa, Other at Return to Paradise Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2024

Talofa Paptraveller98
Thank you for your feedback.
Id love for you to contact me directly so you can give us some more information including only 1 power outlet working in a room. That doesnt seem right at all (because there are lamps, kettles, TVs, and so on in the room). Also we dont have laundry's in our rooms or villas.
We also have signs in the room - if you leave your towels on the floor we know to replace them so we defintiely should have. But we defintiely do not change the sheets every day but every 3 days. We are committed to protecting our environment which includes reducing uncessary washing - you can request to have your sheets changed at any time but they would not be changed after 1 night unless evidently dirtly. But as you have mentioned your room wasnt cleaned - so we would love to have more details so we can investigate and improve.
We apologise for any towels with stains - not sure what you think the stains are? but most likely burn marks from over-heating in the dryer, paint marks (very common with hand printed clothing which is common in Samoa). But stained towels should not be issued to our guests. We prefer to not soak our linens with too much bleach - its very harmful to the environment.
And we also apologise you did not enjoy our food - we are trying to guess which food you mean (stale = bread ?) ..
Once again we thank you for your feedback. We understand that you wont recommend us - but please do feel free to send us more details to help us to improve. You can email us on gm@returntoparadiseresort.com OR guestservices@returntoparadiseresort.com

Reviewed 19 February 2024

Stayed in the most beautiful resort in Samoa our room was fully furnished and completely clean and up to standards. My favourite part of the stay was definitely the staff they were so welcoming and comforting always asked if we needed anything or help, such beautiful and intelligent people. The tours we went on were so fulfilled with enjoyment and excitement and definitely had the best tour guides especially Mika and Tasi. I Would definitely come back to Return to Paradise I already miss it so much and will be returning in 2 months.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Jet41598080420
Mel Toailoa, Other at Return to Paradise Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2024

Talofa Jet4159080420
Thank you for your review and kind words. We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us, and mostly enjoyed the warm hospitality of our staff. Tasi and Mika are wonderful tour guides - so full of knowledge and experience - its great you had an opportunity to experience our Beautiful Samoa.
We look forward to your return again in 2 months time! we will be waiting for you :)

Reviewed 19 February 2024

If I could recommend any resort in the world, it would be Return to Paradise. It wasn’t just a home base for us, it was a whole other experience. From the kind and welcoming staff, to the beautiful rooms, food and facilities, I really did feel like I was in paradise.

Room tip: Keep doing what you’re doing, I wouldn’t have had as much fun in Samoa I hadn’t stayed at Return to Paradise!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Stay50594645522

Talofa Stay50594645522
Thankyou kindly for your response. We are glad to hear that you felt at home during your stay with us!
We hope to have you visit again one day soon!