“Lunch”

Willow Tree Tea Room
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Willington
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We arrived at the Willow Tree for lunch, expecting to have to sit outside with our dog and were pleasantly surprised to be able to take her inside with us. There were a few dogs in there already and there was still plenty of room for people to move around easily. You help yourself to cold drinks from the fridge and my husband's coffee arrived very promptly, as did our jacket potatoes. Considering that it was quite busy, we were impressed with the service and the quality of the food. We will definitely go again.

1  Thank Wendy0woo

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Haven't eaten here for a long while, however due to time constraints we popped in for a bite to eat on route to our daughters.

It is a nicely positioned café with light and airy décor. Tables are cleared (if not always wiped down) quickly. Dogs are allowed, which although doesn't suit everyone, is fine by us.

Happy with the choice and quality of the breakfast items, even more so now that the bread is toasted properly. My only criticisms are that the breakfast is warm rather than hot, and the plates cold, resulting in a cold breakfast in literally minutes. Simple thing really, that would make for a repeated visit.

Come on, sort it out - I'd rather wait a couple of extra minutes for hot food on a warm plate, than have warm food on a cold plate - wouldn't you?

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Me and the wife visited here for the first time today Tuesday 3rd April 2018. wasn't busy went we first entered and got served , but a few minutes later it was packed. Didn't really see the menu but noticed many cakes, breakfasts were being served. We only had drinks plus toast and marmalade. Was nice being served the food which was good and hot. staff were mainly young girls who were very friendly and customer service focussed giving us a thankyou and bye as we left. Will certainly go again. There are tables and chairs outside too.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Firstly, this tea room is dog friendly so don’t be surprised at the occasional barking that occurs. We didn’t mind but it’s just a very unusual experience when sat inside at a tea room.

It’s necessary to order at the kiosk. Staff do not set tables, provide glasses or even menus, it does heavily rely on self service. I have to say the tables were not cleared very quickly or cleaned to what I consider a satisfactory level as the “clear” table we sat at was covered in crumbs.

Food was good quality, fresh, piping hot and very tasty. All meals arrived together despite being very different which was good. Drink selection was good.

Couldn’t manage cake but as they looked amazing we took some home and they tasted as good as the looked.

If I went back I think it would be for a coffee and cake, as I do prefer waitress service.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Average coffee. Chocolate Brownies (weren't) had more sugar than "Kendal Mint Cake" poor.
Smart improvements now time to work on the substance. Don't think it's on my list for another visit. Sorry☹️

1  Thank macone1