“A Great Wee Gem”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Popped in here for an impromptu lunch. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. The food was superb - hot, lots of it and fantastic value for money. We will definitely be coming back.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

My friend and I visited today with our toddlers and had a really decent lunch. Something I'd chosen was found to be unavailable around 15 minutes after I'd ordered, I was given a full refund for my meal and chose an alternative. The lady on the bar was lovely in the way she dealt with the problem

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited here on Easter Monday, for lunch. Ordered two falafel wraps with chips and ‘salad’ meals and a child’s chicken, mash and beans meal. We (reluctantly) agreed to a 40 minute wait. Approximately 40 minutes later and a minute or two before our food arrived we were told there was no sour cream to go in the wraps and were offered a couple of alternatives (mayo, sweet chilli etc) with the actual words ‘do I need to run through the complete list of sauces?’.
We chose one with sweet chilli sauce, one with nothing.
Both were plonked on the table with no inquiry as to whose was whose. The wraps and salad were served on a screaming hot plate with the chips in a bowl. Who doesn’t enjoy warm salad leaves drizzled in vinaigrette dressing?? The falafel inside the wraps was unevenly heated, with parts cold and others alarmingly hot. In contrast the only part of the kids meal that was hot was the beans and the middle of the dry, not creamy, mashed potato. When asked if everything was ok we, politely, pointed out that we weren’t 100% happy. The waitress said she’d send her manager over. The manager arrived with no idea as to why she was at our table. Again we explained. She told us the falafel burgers weren’t made on site.. (but surely heated on site?) and that the plates were hot because they’re just come out the dishwasher. She then said ‘so what do you want? Something else or it taken off your bill?’
We declined the wait for something else.

While I’m sure they’ve probably had a very busy bank holiday, they weren’t busy enough when we visited to justify the wait, the unprofessional staff and the below par food.

1  Thank Izzie D
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Called in for lunch in Good Friday. It was fairly busy and a wait of 30 plus minutes for lunch. I had ordered the Spinach soup and asked it be served with the other main courses ordered. When meals arrived my soup was barely warm and absolutely tasteless. The bread that accompanied it was of the cheap floppy white variety. Granddaughters sausages were over cooked and very ‘chewy’.
This used to be a a good place for food but it’s very hit and miss now and not a place I would immediately think of for food when we visit again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a pint and some food and found it to be very welcoming. Beer was pretty good. I had the steak which was excellent my wife had scampi which was also very good.
Would return if ever back in the area.