“It's a joke !!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Sehar Restaurant

Sehar Restaurant
Ranked #156 of 253 Restaurants in Choeng Thale
Reviewed 2 August 2016

We want there for dinner with my family they offer free pick up & drop from your hotel nice touch and I expect same level of food quality and service. when we reach there same person who picked us from our hotel work as a waiter ! and there no one else in the restaurant expect us . we order Tandoori Chicken and garlic bread guess what , the bread full of huge garlic pieces and taste really not like bread neither Tandoori Chicken taste like one . Honestly they don't have a clue of Indian food I am living in middle east for age believe me I know how Tandoori. on top of all the air conditioning in the restaurant is not working !! Honestly avoid this place and don't waste your money and time !!!!

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Serves good northern Indian cuisine for both lunch and dinner. Restaurant capacity is small and it is better to make reservation usually on weekends. Price is slightly on a high side.

Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

Good curry and decent samosas (but too small). The garlic naan was also good though on the small side.

Always difficult to find Indian find Indian food that us really good so very glad to have found Sehar.

The owner is usually busy catering but was there when we went and was quite nice.

The atmosphere is quiet and the restaurant very clean by Thai standards.

Overall a pretty good Indian meal and I will return despite the high prices (normal for Indian food in Phuket).

Reviewed 23 December 2015

First time here. Although the location of the restaurant isn't that special, the food is well worth the effort of finding the place!

Sehar, as we found out, is primarily focused on preparing food for outside events. This is somewhat reflected in the way that service is delivered. Although I'd have to say that the owner himself was very attentive while we were there (we were the only table of diners at the time). The dining room is small, so it'd be wise to call ahead and book if you intend to eat there and be assured of a table.

All dishes that we (4 people) shared were cooked to perfection and presented in a modern yet appetising way.

Great to have another quality Indian restaurant on the island.

Personally, and acknowledging that the menus and the theme of food is quite different in the two restaurants, I'd say that Sehar and Bollywood are now the two best of their kind on the island.

Reviewed 2 December 2015

This is a relatively new restaurant and a bit off the path for laguna but well worth the bit of extra effort to find it. The owners majority experience has been in catering and it shows in a good way- not only is the food light fresh and very tasty but it is magnificently presented with all the flair of a good designer/caterer. he has lovely interesting plates and dishes for presentation, the naan was served on irregular slate pieces, one dish had dry ice as a bit of drama. The owner was so happy to make recommendations and we tried a few new dishes to us and were very pleased. We anticipate going back and trying more of his recommendations as he is obviously proud of what he does. Nothing was too much trouble. he did not have onion kulcha on the menu but happily had the chef to make for us. His sauces are all homeland and wonderful flavours. The best Indian food I have had in a long time(I lived in Hk for 25 years so that is saying a lot!)