1,090 results
All reviews dee plee thai restaurant sala pool villa apple tv low tide private pool paddle boards birthday cake cooking class amazing hotel beach bag special thanks breakfast spread our honeymoon food and beverage f b main pool
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Everything was exceptional. This is definitely the best hotel I stayed in my life. Guest room was surprisingly comfortable, breakfast was amazing And the staff was extremely friendly. The only disadvantage is the location. Very far from Padong and Phuket city.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
2  Thank gchouser
Frederic V, Managing Director at Anantara Layan Phuket Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear gchouser,

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience at Anantara Layan and for choosing our resort for you honeymoon.

Very happy to hear that you enjoyed the room and the breakfast, and apologies that you felt we were are a bit far away from Patong and Phuket City.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we already look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Took the Thai cooking class offered in Anantara Layan (under Spice Spoons) by their Chef Suthad.

Took the package where they take you to the market first. Coming from Pakistan i was familiar with the market setup, however the native thai vegies and spices were fascinating.

After that, the class started with the welcome drink that CHANGED COLOR when added lemon! The chef was very good with teaching thai food. He was very experienced, elaborate and welcomed all sorts of questions. The recipe book that they provided have very good thai recipes. Once the cooking was done, my husband joined in and we had our own little date with the food that i had cooked with the chef! Loved my overall experience. Would definitely recommend!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sheema M

Dear sheemamustafa,

Thank you taking the time to share your experience at our Spice Spoons cooking class with Chef Suthad.

We are very pleased to hear that you ahd such a wonderful time and enjoyed your market visit and our signature welcome drink with butterfly pea. We will share your feedback with Chef and the team to ensure we are continuing to deliver genuine hospitality.

It was our pleasure to have you with us, and we already look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

TripAdvisor reminded me that the title of my last review of this place two or three years ago (I hadn't remembered I had reviewed) was "Just Keeps Getting Better & Better" which does not surprise me as that was going to be the theme of this review.

So I won't waste your time repeating myself, suffice to say that I am lucky enough to stay in many hotels and, for me, nothing can replace the genuine 'welcome back & how have you been' feeling, we certainly got that here. Everyone took time out to speak to my son, to genuinely find out how life has been since we last were able to come to Phuket - as I mentioned 2yrs ago at least so we wouldn't normally expect people to remember us, we're not that outstanding!

Of course the food and the rooms were above standard as expected - Dee Plee continues to provide Thai food that keeps us all happy, not an easy job when my wife (who is Thai) is your critic and I like to pretend to be pretentious.

Another stay, another 5 stars, let's make it less than 2 years next time!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kwanchangfarang

Dear Kwanchangfarang,

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience at Anantara Layan and so happy to hear that you chose to stay with us again.

It is very encouraging to read that you enjoyed our services extended by our team members and that our Thai food met the standards of you and your family.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we already look forward to welcoming you back to the resort next year!

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I would not recommend this hotel at all

The pool is tiny
The lobby area isn’t pleasant
Then I go to my room and find a black lizard well at least comply with 5 star standards if the price is

One employee was nice called Brownie the rest did not even bother to assist or at least change my room.

I left the hotel and checked out in less than 2 hours and they did not even make it up by offering at least a complimentary ride since they did not even want to refund me

They asked me if I took my room key when I was leaving which I felt was irrelevant!!

I arrived from the airport expecting to have a relaxing holiday but thankfully found the best hotel in Phuket and I’m thankful that lizard made me leave
Regarding the refund not even expecting much and this is the last time I stay in all Anantara chains

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank amanigiteli

Hello Al A.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your experience at Anantara Layan. Please let me offer my sincere apologies for your time at our resort.

We will make sure all your comments are reviewed and discussed with each department to ensure this doesn't happen again.

When you plan for the next holiday in Phuket, please feel free to reach me out directly.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Just about every review for this hotel scores it 5* and we would like to add ours to this. From the moment you arrive you are treated like royalty and nothing is too much for any of the wonderful staff. Within 18 hours of arriving the staff knew us by name and greeted us with their wonderful Thai smiles every time. The food is just out of this world, delicious and spicy. The room was clean, free bottles of water, coffee, tea etc and a little packet of sweets lay on the pillow every night. Whilst lying on sun loungers on the beach or by the pool, you are constantly supplied with bottled water and cold towels. A special mention has to go to the receptionist Shugar and the restaurant hostess Nana, who are the most delightful, caring and thoughtful ladies ever. Highly recommend this superb resort if you are looking for peace and tranquility. Everyone gets 5 * from Sonia and Paddy. Thank you so much for making our holiday so memorable.

2  Thank SoniandPaddy
Frederic V, Managing Director at Anantara Layan Phuket Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear SoniandPaddy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our resort.

It was our pleasure to host you and we are so pleased to hear that you had such a memorable stay with us and that you felt our staff took such good care of you.

Your gracious feedback will be shared with the rest of the team, including Shugar and Nana, so that we can continue to provide genuine hospitality.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again.

Warm regards,