Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from US$1,149.00
More Info
from US$96.60
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

It is super expensive comparing with others companies and the customer service is horrible.
Please use another company.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I recently booked the phi phi island tour with Asian dolphins and was highly disappointed with their service. I saw all the positive reviews in trip advisor and thought to give them a try, however, given the recent poor reviews they must have changed management or stopped caring about their services.

I wanted to change the date of my booking as I realised I had booked the wrong month, however, Asian dolphins would not allow me to and kept my whole booking fee - 6000 baht ( 160 GBP) which was a massive amount!!! After a couple of phone calls and email exchanges they simply said that they were unable to do anything or offer any sort of compensation. The booking I had made was actually in the past! And Asian dolphins did not contact me via email or phone to say my booking was invalid, but just kept the money.

They said hey couldn't give a refund because the had already ordered the food and transport for the day, but given the cost of food in Thailand, and hey transport is shared with other people on the tour, it is a excuse to steal the money.

We ended up booking with another tour - banana beach which was fantastic.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank vincewan22
Ratthanarong, Manager at Asian Dolphins Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear Vincent,

We are deeply apologize for your any inconvenience and so sorry to hear that. We are thank you for your valuable feedback. We need to declare how was this case get into the problems as listed below.

The process

1. After you made a booking with a wrong date and our staff sent you a confirmation through Viator system. Everything was fine as it should be for every normal booking. And you should get a confirmation email with tour details and the tour date.
2. Basically our staff will send a pick up time 1-2 days prior a tour date and asking some more information such as a room number. We are expected that guest will reply our message back to confirm they are already at a hotel and make an acknowledgement. But even some guests did not reply back and we sent a minibus to a hotel on appointment time. Most of the cases has no problem for a pick up process. After checking on Viator’s log message. We did send you a pick up time and a meeting point as it should be. We do not know how it happened to your email that you said you did not receive an email. It should work fine like the first confirmation email from 1.
3. The main communication will made on Viator’s message system. That all messages should send out emails right through your email that provided to Viator. A second communication channel will be made direct with a hotel. Other contact information such as abroad telephone number will make only when needed (Basically in the morning when other channels has failed).
4. After check with a hotel and they said they could not find your name on their guest’s list. That is supposed to be because you will be stay there one month later. We sent a message through Viator system again. Please note that we are unable to contact you directly on your email. Because at that time we only have your hotel’s name and your abroad phone number. After that we decide to call you on a number you provided starting with +44 as shown on our call’s log. And the phone has no answer. Our opinion is it was late night 01:xx am in UK time that’s why you did not receive our phone call.
5. After our driver was waiting long for some time. We have to decided to ask him to move to pick up other guests on the next hotel. Otherwise it might affect to the tour plan that day. Finally we have to take your case to a “No show”.

The problem

1. It’s impossible to know that an information guest provide on Viator’s system is correct or incorrect. For this case is a tour date. All information is on guest’s responsibility.
2. With a limited contact information. Our team will try to use every possibly channels to contact with you from priority that we mentioned above. Please keep in mind the more information is much more better. But one thing that we have found. Any booking that made direct on our website has no problem about this http://bit.ly/asian-dolphins-booking . Because we could contact our guest directly via email from the beginning.
3. Before it take to “No show” case. It must be sure that we have tried all possibly to contact our guest until the last minute. In case of “No show” We are apologize that we unable to refund as we stated on our cancellation and refund policy on the website and Viator. Because every time we confirmed a booking it will has expense occurred with our suppliers and partner to preparing on that day such as transportation, Lunch, drink , etc.
4. We would offer 100% refund, partial refund or move the tour date to any case that applicable. Unfortunately this case has not meet any on our cancellation and refund policies.

The fix

1. One month later, after you sent us emails and called several times on a phone. We are apologize that we could not move a one month old wrong booking to the current month.
2. We are offer you a 40% that we think it the best we could do for you to compensate from what you have paid before.

The prevent

1. We would recommend all guest to recheck booking information and provide us your contact information as many as you could especially an email that will be the first communication channel between customer, Viator and Tour operator.
2. As it works like other standard booking system. Customer have to make sure all information provide are correct. Otherwise customer might have to take responsibility to pay more fee to correct it later or in a worse case is unable to correct the ticket or unable to use that ticket anymore. Such as if we missed a flight or book a wrong flight and the date was passed. We don’t think it seems possible to make a refund.
3. Contact us directly on our main email online.reservation@asiandolphins.com , info@asiandolphins.com or make a booking directly on our website on http://bit.ly/asian-dolphins-booking

Our team is so sorry and apologize for you case. We are trying our best to take care and make our guest’s memory to be the best as much as it could from the beginning until the tour end. We will take this feedback to our priority and find out how to improve our services in the future.

Best Regards,
Ratthanarong Phraibung

Reviewed 2 March 2017

We booked with Asian Dolphins thinking this highly-rated tour group would be the one's actually providing the tour. It turns out (after you paid) you are told via email that the tour will actually be provided by Anchor Andaman. When we finally arrived at the dock, come to find out the tour was actually provided by Ocean Mania. So you truly have no idea who is taking you out that day. But I feel since Asian Dolphins took my money they are the one's to review.

Very confusing pick up. We were in our hotel lobby promptly at 713am for a 715-730 pickup. We sat there and watched countless guides walk in looking confused as we looked back at them. As 745 rolled around and still no guide, we had the front desk call the guide and found out he left without us. Apparently its your job to solicit every guide that walks in to see if they are here for you. We departed at 753.

With that said, the tour itself was alright. The tour guide was outgoing and spoke English well. He acted like he was doing us a favor and bringing us to an additional island when in fact this island was advertised in the tour. They cram 30 or so guests into the speedboat and takes a while at each location to back the boat up and disembark. So the time it takes to do this plus the five or so locations you visit, you don't get much time at each location. It feels too rushed. Better to have 3 or so locations with time to swim and relax at each.

Plenty of water, juices, snack available on the boat. The lunch stop was fine.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Through word of mouth I was told that Asian Dolphin Tours was highly rated, plus I looked them up here on TripAdvisor. So I booked a Phi Phi Islands tour for February 9th with them for two people and paid 3500 Thai Baht per person, plus a service charge that wasn't mentioned until checkout. Once paid and confirmed, I was sent an email starting that my hotel pick up time will follow.

I few days later I received an email with the hotel pick up time, but was also told "Please note according to a large number of customer. This year we are cooperate with our partners in Boat Lagoon Marina to handle our service and management. We would like to announce a boat that will take you for the tour will be a boat from Anchor Andaman (a partner company)."

I wrote back to ask about this and they said that their "partner" offers the same high standards as they do and not to worry. I hoped for the best.

We were pick up on time, but once we arrived to their partners company, things started to go not as promised. We were told we had to pay an additional 200 Baht per person for fins (400 Baht total extra), although Asian Dolphin Tours said all snorkeling gear is included. When I told the Anchor Andaman staff that I paid for my tour through Asian Dolphin Tours, I was told, "They are no longer in business! They did not have the funds to continue to operate!" I was like "What???"

Then we let the marina at 10am, not 9am as the Asian Dolphin Tour itinerary states, so we were robbed of one hour.

Anchor Andaman's boat was good and was not too crowded. However, when we got to Monkey Island, we were not allowed to get off the boat to swim and feed the monkeys as Asian Dolphin Tour itinerary states. So we missed out on that.

We we got to Phi Leh Lagoon, we again were not allowed out of the boat to swim in the "calm emerald waters" as the Asian Dolphin Tour itinerary stated!

On our way to lunch, our boat's twin outboard motors malfunctioned, so it took us extra long to get to lunch. During lunch another boat came to get us, so we had a better, bigger boat for the remaining few hours.

Overall, Phi Phi Islands is a very popular tour, but I would stay clear of Asian Dolphin Tours. I sent an email to complain and they did give me a partial refund, but would not answer my question if it was true that they a no longer in business. I told them if you cannot run your own tour, then you definitely should NOT be collecting money as if you were, then putting customers with another tour company that does not have the same itinerary as advertised!

Definitely use another company!

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 21 November 2016

Had a very nice experience with them. If you want to take a tour of the islands this is the brand you should go with . Don't take the big cruise ships

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

My partner and I went on the Asian Dolphin day trip and it was fantastic. The day ran smoothly from pickup to drop off.

Our tour guide Macki was a superstar and a highlight of the trip!
Very fun guy.

The islands were great, very picturesque! We got to snorkel too which was amazing

Would recommend this tour to anyone wanting to see some beautiful islands in a fun relaxed atmosphere.

Date of experience: April 2016