“BEWARE: Booked Phi Phi Island Tour and they put us with another company!”

Asian Dolphins Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phi Phi Islands, Phang Nga Bay and Krabi tour. Asian Dolphins provides the perfect opportunity to experience an extensive range of tours traveling around the islands of Andaman Sea that will leave you feeling charmed and captivated. Those islands are closed to Phuket, such as Phi Phi, Phang Nga bay and James Bond's island, Similan islands, Krabi islands and others. We are proud to say that a wide range of tour operators already chose our service as the best one among the most of other companies in Phuket! We have the priceless experience with operating the tours all around Thailand so each of our guests explores the authentic experience joining our guided tours.
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Through word of mouth I was told that Asian Dolphin Tours was highly rated, plus I looked them up here on TripAdvisor. So I booked a Phi Phi Islands tour for February 9th with them for two people and paid 3500 Thai Baht per person, plus a service charge that wasn't mentioned until checkout. Once paid and confirmed, I was sent an email starting that my hotel pick up time will follow.

I few days later I received an email with the hotel pick up time, but was also told "Please note according to a large number of customer. This year we are cooperate with our partners in Boat Lagoon Marina to handle our service and management. We would like to announce a boat that will take you for the tour will be a boat from Anchor Andaman (a partner company)."

I wrote back to ask about this and they said that their "partner" offers the same high standards as they do and not to worry. I hoped for the best.

We were pick up on time, but once we arrived to their partners company, things started to go not as promised. We were told we had to pay an additional 200 Baht per person for fins (400 Baht total extra), although Asian Dolphin Tours said all snorkeling gear is included. When I told the Anchor Andaman staff that I paid for my tour through Asian Dolphin Tours, I was told, "They are no longer in business! They did not have the funds to continue to operate!" I was like "What???"

Then we let the marina at 10am, not 9am as the Asian Dolphin Tour itinerary states, so we were robbed of one hour.

Anchor Andaman's boat was good and was not too crowded. However, when we got to Monkey Island, we were not allowed to get off the boat to swim and feed the monkeys as Asian Dolphin Tour itinerary states. So we missed out on that.

We we got to Phi Leh Lagoon, we again were not allowed out of the boat to swim in the "calm emerald waters" as the Asian Dolphin Tour itinerary stated!

On our way to lunch, our boat's twin outboard motors malfunctioned, so it took us extra long to get to lunch. During lunch another boat came to get us, so we had a better, bigger boat for the remaining few hours.

Overall, Phi Phi Islands is a very popular tour, but I would stay clear of Asian Dolphin Tours. I sent an email to complain and they did give me a partial refund, but would not answer my question if it was true that they a no longer in business. I told them if you cannot run your own tour, then you definitely should NOT be collecting money as if you were, then putting customers with another tour company that does not have the same itinerary as advertised!

Definitely use another company!

1  Thank Michael G

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Had a very nice experience with them. If you want to take a tour of the islands this is the brand you should go with . Don't take the big cruise ships

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

My partner and I went on the Asian Dolphin day trip and it was fantastic. The day ran smoothly from pickup to drop off.

Our tour guide Macki was a superstar and a highlight of the trip!
Very fun guy.

The islands were great, very picturesque! We got to snorkel too which was amazing

Would recommend this tour to anyone wanting to see some beautiful islands in a fun relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

Transported from resort to marina. Offered refreshments and brief safety tips. Life jackets on and we are off. Fantastic start at Bamboo Island snorkelling then off to lunch at Phi Phi. Great variety for everyone. All you can eat. Around to see Monkeys and more swimming. Off to Maya Bay for time to chill on beach and explore. One more stop for more snorkelling then back to Phuket. Soft drinks and water unlimited supply. The filled up with beautiful fresh fruit. Transported back to resort exhausted and exhilarated. Staff are magnificent and very knowledgeable. Would definitely return to repeat this day tour again. Very good value for money. Loved everyone minute thanks to all staff and crew.

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

The management of this organizer is quite good. First, the reply of email was quick.
Second, the driver who picked us up from hotel was punctual. Third, there were unlimited supply of drinks on board! I haven't experienced this in my past diving and snorkeling trips!

Forth, this organization tried to anhor the speedboat to somewhere which had the best view of the grand landscape, though there were a lot of other speedboats!! The landscape in Pileh Lagoon and Maya Bay impressed me so much!

Most importantly, the speedboat was not crowded! It was only 10 persons!

But for this tour, please don't expect to see beautiful underwater world life as most of them were being destroyed because of over visiting of people. There were mainly small fishes and not much corals even I went freediving down to ~4-5metres to take the pictures.

1  Thank Joanna T