“Great Thai food!”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We always coming back to this genuine and affordable Thai restaurant, running by Mr. Kwong and his wonderful family. Yesterday we had mussels, crab and squid. Just fantastic!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

So I found myself near Kata and thought I would try this based on the Trip Advisor reviews. By way of background I live in Thailand, and consider myself pretty knowledgable about Thai food. For what is out there in Phuket this was very average. I ordered steamed fish in lemon sauce, which was quite good. The lobster, on the other hand, came out over cooked and just on the verge of getting cold. Likewise, the Khao Op Soppraot (Bake pineapple rice) was over cooked and pretty sad looking.I wanted to order Tiger Shrimp, but they did not have any that night, instead I got basil shrimp which were pretty good.

Price was fair, but overall it was a mediocre dinner. I ate at a lesser known place in Karon that was much, much better, the pineapple rice and lobster there were both prepared in a far superior manner. Maybe I hit them on an off night? I don't know. I suspect, however, that what you have is a bunch of northern Europeans reviewing a Thai restaurant. Do you know what northern Europeans know about authentic Thai food? Apparently very little. While not a bad experience, it was very Meh. Would I go back? No.

1  Thank EARWashingtonDC
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Food was great. I highly recommend the stir fry and the garlic pepper prawns!

Prices were very cheap, too, even for Thailand!

Unfortunately the service left a lot to be desired. The restaurant was largely empty the afternoon we were there, yet it was still difficult to get anyone’s attention.

Still if you’re patient, it’s a great place to eat!

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant seems to be family run and is quite popular. The staff are extremely friendly and provide great service. We had seafood cooked with Thai flavors and enjoyed it with other Thai dishes. They are happy to recommend and cook the food to your liking and do it without fuss. They do have fresh live seafood but it does look like some are also frozen.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Have eaten both lunch and dinner here and at the lunch we tried the typical Phad Thai, Fried rice chicken and mango with sticky rice. All was to our satisfaction. Had a little more expensive dinner (just below 3000 bath) with a kilo of tiger prawns cooked with garlic pepper and some with a recommended tamarind sauce. As well as Crab with black pepper sauce. And some more basic dishes that fed 7 people.. The crab and the prawns that was cooked to perfection was lovely, but no one at the table liked the sauces that much and that took away some from the experience. We have eaten black pepper sauce and garlic pepper sauce before and loved it and this did not wow us. It was still not bad by any means, but I wish there wold be a way too taste the sauces available before. That have made this a 5* review.. Lovely family owned restaurant and I am sure we will be back.

1  Thank Jan_Bergendahl