Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 12/03/21
Booking.comUS$126
eDreamsUS$126
TravelocityUS$126
All reviews air con centre of town perfect place to stay car hire banana bread dive gear continental breakfast from australia simon tv foxtel tours meals island accommodation channels kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2020

Thank you to all at The Espiritu. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the food was great and catered to our groups varied tastes, the rooms were very clean and spacious, the friendly staff - all of it was wonderful.
A special thanks to Simon and the front desk crew for your help when the covid19 crisis had us scrambling to get home before borders closed. You exceeded all expectations in the way you gave us information and help to get us back. The mark of a good establishment is how they cope in a crisis and you guys were wonderful. Thank you.

Room tip: All rooms are via stairs
Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank Kapay
Reviewed 19 March 2020

I booked this hotel to hold my 60th birthday with 23 family and friends from Australia and some local friends. We all stayed at the hotel and my guests were impressed by the service provided by the staff. Managers, Simon and Rayman, were amazing helping me with all the planning especially the surprise wedding side of things. The area where we held the party is perfect for all weather conditions, luckily for us it fined up on the morning of the event. The actual party was amazing, fantastic food and great service. The hotel organised a bamboo band for us which all my guests enjoyed. Also organised the cake for me which was exactly like I wanted. If I could give 10 stars I would, everything was perfect, would do it all the same again.

Room tip: I like the rooms on level 2, but if you prefer a balcony then level 3 is for you.
Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 1 March 2020

The staff at the hotel were wonderful, so friendly yet professional. The rooms were clean and quiet with everything you need. We attended a wedding function there, it was managed so well and the staff treated us all like royalty. I'll definitely go back there and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Top floor corner rooms have balconies
Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 31 January 2020

The Espiritu charges us 2 times. They refuse to refund us after months and months. The experience was great, BUT they spoil our trip. And we are not the only ones who incur this fraud. BECARFUL !!! I can't recommand this Hotel.

Date of stay: August 2019
Simon L, Owner at The Espiritu, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

I have waited to respond to this review for quite some time, as I had requested my Bank (BSP) to get in direct contact with TripAdvisor to explain the situation and to have this review removed. However this has not happened as of 04/03/2020.

Dear Arthur,

I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

However as per numerous emails from our bank BSP (Bank of South Pacific), this was an issue regarding their VISA facilities. The correspondence from the Bank has stated clearly that this was not caused by The Espiritu.

BSP has since processed a refund via VISA and in addition they have also offered to make a direct transfer to your account, however you have not responded to any of the emails to provide account information for payment to be made.

Please understand that this is entirely out of our control and you need to respond to BSP's emails directly to provide the required information.

I hope that TripAdvisor staff will see this response and remove this review accordingly as it is an issue caused by BSP; not by The Espiritu.

I can provide evidence of all correspondence between the guest and BSP, taking responsibility of this issue.

Reviewed 19 December 2019

A true oasis in the middle of town. I'll admit that the pictures I saw when booking didn't fill me with a tonne of confidence, but the rooms were way more comfortable and clean that I imagined, the staff were across the board superb, and this was nothing but a true oasis in the middle of town. I only spent 5 days there but miss it already. Thanks to everybody there,

Date of stay: December 2019