Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 19/03/21
eDreamsUS$126
Booking.comUS$126
TravelocityUS$126
All reviews air con centre of town perfect place to stay car hire banana bread dive gear continental breakfast from australia simon tv foxtel tours meals island accommodation channels kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 March 2020

I booked this hotel to hold my 60th birthday with 23 family and friends from Australia and some local friends. We all stayed at the hotel and my guests were impressed by the service provided by the staff. Managers, Simon and Rayman, were amazing helping me with all the planning especially the surprise wedding side of things. The area where we held the party is perfect for all weather conditions, luckily for us it fined up on the morning of the event. The actual party was amazing, fantastic food and great service. The hotel organised a bamboo band for us which all my guests enjoyed. Also organised the cake for me which was exactly like I wanted. If I could give 10 stars I would, everything was perfect, would do it all the same again.

Room tip: I like the rooms on level 2, but if you prefer a balcony then level 3 is for you.
Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 1 March 2020

The staff at the hotel were wonderful, so friendly yet professional. The rooms were clean and quiet with everything you need. We attended a wedding function there, it was managed so well and the staff treated us all like royalty. I'll definitely go back there and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Top floor corner rooms have balconies
Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 31 January 2020

The Espiritu charges us 2 times. They refuse to refund us after months and months. The experience was great, BUT they spoil our trip. And we are not the only ones who incur this fraud. BECARFUL !!! I can't recommand this Hotel.

Date of stay: August 2019
Simon L, Owner at The Espiritu, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

I have waited to respond to this review for quite some time, as I had requested my Bank (BSP) to get in direct contact with TripAdvisor to explain the situation and to have this review removed. However this has not happened as of 04/03/2020.

Dear Arthur,

I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

However as per numerous emails from our bank BSP (Bank of South Pacific), this was an issue regarding their VISA facilities. The correspondence from the Bank has stated clearly that this was not caused by The Espiritu.

BSP has since processed a refund via VISA and in addition they have also offered to make a direct transfer to your account, however you have not responded to any of the emails to provide account information for payment to be made.

Please understand that this is entirely out of our control and you need to respond to BSP's emails directly to provide the required information.

I hope that TripAdvisor staff will see this response and remove this review accordingly as it is an issue caused by BSP; not by The Espiritu.

I can provide evidence of all correspondence between the guest and BSP, taking responsibility of this issue.

Reviewed 19 December 2019

A true oasis in the middle of town. I'll admit that the pictures I saw when booking didn't fill me with a tonne of confidence, but the rooms were way more comfortable and clean that I imagined, the staff were across the board superb, and this was nothing but a true oasis in the middle of town. I only spent 5 days there but miss it already. Thanks to everybody there,

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 9 December 2019

I booked this hotel for a business trip and I was happy with my choice.
The other choices in town consisted of back packer place, some tacky expensive Chinese hotel and a run down main hotel which never received any TLC...and was closed anyway...that says it all.
The Ispiritu is a modern hotel that works just fine.

The Pros :
Large clean modern room
Brand new Air Con units (No other hotels in town have Air con)
Great staff
Very good onsite restaurant, and to be honest the only place to eat during a weekend as this town goes totally dead Saturday and Sundays. A real ghost town.
Their steak is to go for !!

The cons :
Nice large LCD tv's but only two channels, and both with a bad picture quality. So unwatchable. May I ask the manager, what is point to be one of the only hotel in Santo to have TV's if it is to have nothing to watch on at all other than old dvd's ?!!!
One of the channel had an error message from the decodeur, that no one seems to care to simply address. That is a fail !! Get canal Plus or Foxtel mate !!!

The thai menu looks nice but to be frank my wife who is Thai found the dishes she ordered to be everything but Thai....another miss here. To be honest, if the chef is not Thai, and has simply been trained by a Thai person, it does not work. Chef has to be Thai, period.

Lastly, has to do with the bar and it's disappointing happy hour...
Regular price 500 vatus for s Tusker, happy hour price 400 vatus !? Again what is the point here ?
Happy hour means something in the range of 300 vatus per Tusker.

All in all, the Ispiritu is still the best hotel in town and the restaurant is really nice.
As for Lugainville, sadly it has sold his soul to China and has become a wasteland of sorrows and no more good times ahead.
Aka this is just a dusty dirty small town with zero future. All businesses are closing down one by one.
Shame...but this is what you get when a flourishing nation decides to go for it's Independence and then 3 decades later decide to sell his lost faith to China, to be this time really doomed.
Anyway for business purposes, I shall choose this hotel again for my future trips.

Date of stay: December 2019