Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews horse riding fish blue hole boat ride water spa magical experience swimming with turtles sea grass crab hunting little slice of heaven family holiday sea life very special place paddle boards pristine waters ni vanuatu food was fantastic
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2019 via mobile

This is a special place for those who love the environment, privacy, great food and the simple things in life. All made extra special by professional and friendly teams working at Ratua. Beautiful villas and surrounding gardens are located amongst pristine beaches and one of the best coral reefs around. Here you can be as active or as lazy as you wish. Wine list needs to be more comprehensive. Perhaps a sailing dinghy too would round things off. Hard to fault.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ratua_Management, Ratua Admin at Ratua Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2019

Dear David,

Thank you for your recent holidays with us and for pointing out that this is quite a unique property, well loved by those that enjoy the luxury of space, serenity and natural beauty. The entire Ratua Team is always happy to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable, thank you for mentioning this. Thank you also for noting about the wine list, hopefully we will be in the position to expand this very soon, and perhaps even a hobie cat one day.

We hope to see you again here in Ratua.

Reviewed 17 August 2019

Tatua island is a little paradise. The resort is really nice. Villas where we were staying are beautiful and well furnished. Staff is nice helpful and smiling. The manager of the resort “Bom”
Is fantastic. The sea is wonderfully full of great fishes and turtles.worth a staying!!!may be just a suggestion for the owners, buy a new boat for the transfers :-)! Enjoy your staying!!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Costanzabo,

Thank you for the kind review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that you find the aesthetics of the resort very appealing and yes the sea life at Ratua bay is abundant.

Thank you for the suggestion of getting a new boat, hopefully we will have it soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2019

Wow. We had the most amazing time at Ratua in late July with our family - celebrating my mum's 60th. We had all been looking forward to the trip so much and it lived up to every expectation.

It was hands down the best family holiday we've ever been on, and there are some special destinations to contend with in there! As a group of nine we had two toddlers in tow - my son and nephew. It's a big call but they might have been the most thrilled of all of us. The staff were so gorgeous with them and they were warmly welcomed at every meal (and the food was fantastic!), and wherever we went on the island.

Staying in Fish Village was perfect as we had the privacy of the open lawn, beach and lounge looking out onto the gorgeous water for the little ones to play on and in.

Speaking of the staff, that was a highlight. Bong and his team were absolutely wonderful, and we felt so at home. Nothing was too much trouble and they even ordered in balloons from the mainland when I mentioned I had forgotten the pack I wanted for my mum's birthday at home.

The location itself was beyond stunning. The resort has a relaxed, personal, laid back feel, but everything is beautifully appointed and so comfortable. I loved the character of the buildings and their history - coming all the way from Indonesia.

And naturally, it's an ascetically thrilling place. It lives up to those 'pristine pacific island' ideals of gorgeous tropical foliage, crystal clear water, abundant sea life and a thriving reef. A huge highlight for me was being able to swim off the shore to see the majestic green turtles feeding on the sea grass in one direction and then a teeming, colourful reef in the other direction.

Most important of all I know my mum had one of the best week's of her life. If you're looking for somewhere to celebrate a special occasion, where every attention is made to ensure it really is a celebration to remember, this is the place for you.

I could go on and on - about exploring the island, the over the water spa heaven, the evening of dancing and music in fish village, the seafood feast we had for my mum's birthday, the hugely successful deep sea fishing adventure my husband and brother in law had, our kayaking trip the the stunning blue hole on the neighbouring island, the hours spent reading, swimming and relaxing...

But the thing we value most of all about our stay are the priceless memories and special times shared, in this magnificent location.

Ratua was recommended to us by friends, and now I would not hesitation to recommend it to everyone!

I have included a range of images from our stay - above and below the water. I hope you enjoy!

If you have booked a trip, you lucky thing!

Thank you very much for having us Ratua, and for making it the trip of a lifetime.

Room tip: If you're a family, definitely book in at Fish Village. It would also work for a bigger group travelling together.
2  Thank gemmadeavin

Dear Gemma,

Wow. What a write up! Thank you so much for this long and detailed review, very much appreciated.

The entire Ratua Team was thrilled to hear that you had the best holiday ever. It means so much to us all as we take pride in providing magical moments for all guests. Hosting the celebration of Tracey’s 60th here in Ratua was a privilege and we hope to host more of your special gatherings in the future.

In addition, we are happy that you enjoyed all the soft adventures and activities here in Ratua. Indeed, the pristine water surrounding the island is a marine reserve and home of the graceful sea turtles and teeming marine life. As such, water activities are a magical experience in itself. On the other hand, sitting at the fish village lounge with a good book and a bottle of wine while catching a glimpse of the picturesque surrounding every once in a while is not at all a bad way to enjoy the holidays. All these form priceless experiences and we are happy that you had the opportunity to experience all of it.

Again, thank you for your recent stay with us for the recommendation. We certainly look forward to welcoming you again.

Regards to the whole family,

Reviewed 5 August 2019

We have recently returned from Ratua Island, where we had a week celebrating my 60th birthday. There were 9 of us in total, including two toddlers. We were accommodated at Fish Village, an area perfect for families as it has a large, level lawn and a private lounge/bar area. The accommodation was so spacious and comfortable and can be described as ‘rustic chic’
From the moment you step ashore at Ratua, you feel the warmth of an island welcome. The staff are fantastic. Bong, the manager was a dream to deal with as
nothing was too much trouble. My young grandsons were particularly enamoured by the lovely ladies serving the meals!
We spent our days snorkelling, attending the spa - the most unique setting above the
water- eating delicious food, kayaking the the Blue Hole as well as some of us swimming with the horses. My sons in law went deep sea fishing and were thrilled with their double hook up of sailfish. Add in the Pilates class held facing the water, the sumptuous birthday dinner in the private over water dining area, absolutely every box received a massive tick.
If you are looking for a venue that is laid back but stunning, this is the one for you. It’s also a very romantic island and would be a wonderful place for couples looking to getaway from it all.
I can not recommend Ratua highly enough. I know we will be back!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tessa001

Dear Tracey,

Thank you for celebrating your 60th here in Ratua. It’s always a pleasure to host special celebrations here in the island and it’s a great feeling to be part of the celebration. We are also very happy that everyone in the family had a fantastic time in paradise especially catching those fish!

Thank you also for the comprehensive review, the ladies in the restaurant missed Freddie and Pattie. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Regards to the whole family.

Reviewed 2 August 2019

What a special place this is... a real gem! Lovely staff, beautiful location, food is incredible. Did I mention turtles? Certainly ticked off my mother's bucket list. Due to the locals hunting turtles, they were scared and swam away as we approached them. But certainly an amazing experience! The marine reserve was the best we have seen in Vanuatu. Similar to Great Barrier Reef in a small area.

During our departure I had left my cellphone behind in the bungalow. Bong, the manager went above and beyond and arranged his staff to grab it, send another boat back, and sent a van to the airport to give it back to me. No other person or place would do such a thing that you have done Bong, but you've certainly impressed us. We are extremely thankful and grateful!! We give our thanks to Ailyn and the staff: Richie, Chrystal, Sandy, Johnny and Sam who made our stay 'that much better!'.

To watch my videos of Ratua, feel free to check my Facebook profile :-)

We love and miss you all! xx
From Alya, Maria and Tony

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Alya, Maria and Tony,

It was truly a pleasure to have welcomed you here at Ratua. We are pleased to hear that you had an amazing experience swimming with our resident sea turtles surrounding the marine protected waters of Ratua. They are quite graceful in the water and yet very fast.

I am happy to know that we were able to catch up with you at the airport, it was a team effort done with our pleasure.

Thank you for sharing your experience at Ratua, very much appreciated.