Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$79
Hotels.comUS$79
Booking.comUS$80
eDreamsUS$80
TripadvisorUS$79
Orbitz.comUS$79
TravelocityUS$79
All reviews plenty of hot water tuna swimming pool free kayaks great accommodation spent nights diving vanuatu starfish vatu taxis tusker school paddle
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 January 2020 via mobile

We had a brief visit to the Beachfront Resort for lunch. It was very very good. Our friends raved about the fish and chips, the beer batter must have been made on “Tusker”. The grilled dog tooth tuna was top class and the fish curry was very tender and flavorsome. If you are on Santo you must eat here.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank BruceV979
Management259, Owner at Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Thank you for your complementary review which has been passed to the duty Chef. Please come again.

Reviewed 5 December 2019

Rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfasts are included and are quite average. These could be improved. Dinners are available in the restaurant but are not included. Food is good but nothing special. Dining staff are friendly and lovely. There are some water equipment available but these, too, need some upgrades. Santa is lovely, though, and quite unspoiled.

Date of stay: November 2019

Many thanks for your review and we are pleased you enjoyed your visit to Santo.

Reviewed 8 November 2019

The resort is quite nice and, providing you book online and have a confirmed deal, this is a good place to stay, BUT....

1. Book online as you cannot trust management to honour any commitment unless it's in writing, and even then ....
2. If management promises a refund, don’t believe them. It won’t happen.

Now I’ll explain the buts:

We stayed for one night as the other accommodation we had previously booked was unavailable for the first night in Luganville. After flying into Luganville I made a quick check online with Booking.com and found there were two "Starfish" rooms available at the Beachfront Resort. Rather than book through the online provider we presented ourselves 10 minutes later at the hotel and requested the "Starfish" room which I had seen online just minutes earlier for AUD 88.84. I was assured that the rate charged would be the same. In the morning I was presented with a room charge of 8,000 vatu (about $104) by the desk clerk. When I queried this charge I was told by a person, who I now know was the manager, that the charge matched the Booking.com rate. I then opened the app on my phone and handed it to the desk clerk who took it and showed it to the manager. He just snorted that the rate was $104 when the rate on my phone clearly showed the lower rate.

Following some email exchanges, which were initiated by the manager, I was promised a refund of the difference. He wrote in an email “Please don’t bother coming to the office – it’ll be at the bar – longer opening hours.”

A few days later I went to the bar at Beachfront Resort to collect my refund. The bar staff knew nothing about the refund and, after they checked at the office, asked if I could come back some other time.

The resort was out of my way so I sent an email (25 September) providing bank account details for the refund. I sent a follow up email on 1 November reiterating the refund request. These emails have been met with a stony silence even though previous emails were answered. There has been ample opportunity for a refund to be made and it is quite clear to me that a refund will never be made.

Conclusion: Good place to stay, but don’t trust the manager.

Date of stay: September 2019

This review content is a load of absolute rubbish. It is also the second review posted by this person on this issue. I understand his first review was taken off line. This guest stayed one night and tried to get a Booking.com special "genius" discount without booking through Booking.com. He expected this resort to match the Booking.com so called "genius" discount which is only available by making the booking through Booking.com. His little scam was discovered by our resort manager. This guest was not acting in the best interests of Booking.com or this resort and was trying to profit without sticking to the rules.

Reviewed 17 September 2019

I was in Santo for a work trip and based myself at Beachfront Resort. It was excellent. Staff could not have been more professional, welcoming and accommodating. Wifi was reliable, which I needed to work in the evening. Reasonably quick walk into town, or affordable taxi rides if needed.

Food was good and the resort hosted had two dinners for high level government official while I was there - which they handled in such a way that us 'ordinary' guests were still made to feel welcome and looked after.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Management259, Owner at Beachfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2019

Thank you for your very complementary review.

You were here at a very busy time as Santo is seeing a lot of activity with new roads and other infrastructure projects underway which will make it easy to access more remote locations on the island.

Once completed visitors will be able to go to many interesting places via sealed roads and bridges which previously have only been accessible to the most intrepid of adventurers.

Of course these big occasions are celebrated by Heads of Government and visiting VIP's and we are pleased that our staff looked after you and that you enjoyed the official occasions.

We thank you for your kind words and hope you come back again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2019 via mobile

Excellent venue :-))
Excellent food :-))
Friendly staff :-))
Lovely place for dinner - would thoroughly recommend to others
Right on the beachfront and a fabulous swimming pool too.
Great accommodation we would stay here if we returned to Espiritu Santo :-)))

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your very complementary review. We are delighted that you enjoyed visiting Beachfront Resort. We look forward to your next visit.