“Very nice place but no english”

Trattoria La Stella
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2018

But no English actually made the place better in my mind. Food and wine and service was perfect and we liked the place. It was a bit exotic not having English, German or Swedish menus and personnel speaking the languages. I think we were the only non Italians in the place :)
The place is a bit off, so you need a car to get there if you are not staying in the village.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Although English was a little bit a problem, they were so nice that we didn’t struggle. Local cuisine was very good. Price is ok. And ambiance is very cozy. We had a good time.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Warm welcoming, typical Italian hospitality, really good food and fantastic cakes!!!! The price reflect an appreciable value for money!!! We definitely recommend this Trattoria. Great experience.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

The restaurant appears clean and quiet, ideal for a nice evening with your partner.
The personnel is young and professional: let you feel welcome. The food is well cooked and nicely presented. Very satisfying.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

I had lunch here recently and was decidedly unimpressed by the food, my main reason to drive from Mantua after reading the reviews. I took the fixed menu for 30 Euros -- perhaps a mistake but it shouldn't have been -- and found the food more overwhelming than delicious. My menu: typical salumi (all very good), maccheroni with cinghiale (only so-so - I've had many much much better), luccio (pike) with a green sauce (underwhelming), and a big slice of apple cake with a side of pumpkin cream (cake fine, pumpkin not so fine). The house wine, a cabernet, was very good. The restaurant was largely empty for lunch. Service was very good. You don't go away hungry. I, also, was presented with a small sbrisolona as a parting gift. I will not be back.