Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$235
PricelineUS$241
Hotels.comUS$235
TravelocityUS$235
eDreamsUS$229
CheapTicketsUS$235
All reviews chateaubriand for special occasions asked the waitress cooked to perfection stayed for one night scallops main course beef wellington overnight stay car park cornish crab starters claw camembert gins
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2021

We stayed here for three nights B&B in early Sept 21. The room was large and extremely comfortable. It was well equipped apart from only two coat hangers. Excellent car park. We had two enjoyable evening meals which were expensive but very tasty. The view from the terrace was really nice in the sunny weather we had. However breakfasts were very disappointing which we pointed out to the staff and management. There were only seven items on the menu and they were all cooked breakfasts. When we asked the waitress she offered one cereal option of granola. The presentation of the cooked breakfasts was not good. Orange juice and butter were not offered - we had to ask for them. There were no croissants or pastries. A good & varied breakfast is a large part of our stay at a luxury hotel. It wasn’t what we expected from this hotel. Breakfasts seemed to be an afterthought.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 25 August 2021

We (my wife and I, and a couple we know) discovered The Marquis during the first lockdown (the original, not one of the seemingly never ending sequels). We decided to get booked in once we had an opportunity in a post lockdown, post COVID world where “restrictions” weren’t such a thing anymore.
The four of us had the pleasure recently of enjoying dinner, bed & breakfast at The Marquis. We thoroughly enjoyed our mini-break, whilst our grandparents looked after our children. It was worth every penny as we enjoyed afternoon drinks sat on the terrace, freshened up ready for dinner, ate the most amazing dinner, then relaxed in the lounge, where we continued to be waited on. We retired to our rooms happy & full for a well-deserved, uninterrupted night’s sleep.
Throughout our stay, we received the most exemplary service from all the staff - from those on the front desk, to those waiting the tables and those serving behind the bar. The cleaners in the morning wore genuine smiles on their faces and greeted us with a cheery Hello.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

We stayed in the Cornwallis suite as part of our mini honeymoon. It was our fourth visit to this hotel. As usual the service was outstanding, particularly from Daisy in the restaurant. The room was exceptional, luxurious and immaculate with an amazing en suite. The food was also excellent at breakfast and dinner. A fantastic trip

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2021

Came here for one night and picked a great weekend weatherwise! In fact, it was so hot we asked for aircon units to be delivered to the room and these were provided.The hotel staff were extremely friendly, efficient and professional, nothing was too much trouble. When we arrived they were deep in lunch service and they do a lot of covers but again, service was excellent- this hotel has it spot on with numbers and the standard of staff they employ.
Room was very clean and comfortable- great bed and lovely linen, good pillows too.
All in all, while I thought the room rate was expensive before I arrived, I absolutely cannot fault the hotel in any aspect so it is money well spent for a very relaxing break in a superb hotel. Even more so when the weather is good!!
All in all

Room tip: I didn't get to see them but the new suites look excellent.
Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

In common with most people, we have been unable to enjoy a good meal for a long time,, but our meal thus week, at the Marquid was as good as it has ever been. My companions and I had three different starters , and all were superb. They cook snails in a newfangled oven, which really brings out the flavour of the main ingredient. If I was being really fussy, I would have liked to have has a bit more garlic butter, on the snails. However, the half baguette was well-steeped in garlic, which made up for that which I felt was missing.
For starters, three of my friends had a Cornish crab concoction, which they all deemed excellent and the fourth one had scallops, which he deemed perfect.
For the main course, three chose fried catch of the day, which was hake in batter with skinny fries. It was perfectly cooked, nice and moist in a crisp batter, with nothing wet or soggy, and was duly devoured with gusto. One diner chose giant crab claw with tagliatelle, which he thoroughly enjoyed. For my own main course, I chose to have a second starter the scallops on black pudding with pea puree. The flavours were delicious, but I felt that the black pudding was a bit over-cooked, which made the meal a bit dry. The scallops were perfect. I ordered fat chips,which arrived almost ten minutes after my scallops, and they showed signs of having been kept warm for too long. Finally, I had asked the waitress to ask the chef to make some form of sauce to go with the scallops, which was forgotten, and a dish of mayonnaise was produced instead.
No bread was offered to us, except for my garlic bread, and we had to ask twice for a jug of iced water,
This lapse in service can easily be attributed to the lock-down, as the staff did not seem to be very focused on the second day back at work.
No worries, though, as I know that they will soon put things right, hence I gave them 5 stars, rather than fhe four which I had contemplated.

Date of stay: May 2021