Lowest prices for your stay
US$239
US$235
Hotels.comUS$239
PricelineUS$239
eDreamsUS$239
All reviews chateaubriand for special occasions asked the waitress cooked to perfection stayed for one night scallops main course beef wellington overnight stay car park cornish crab starters claw camembert gins
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

We stayed in the Cornwallis suite as part of our mini honeymoon. It was our fourth visit to this hotel. As usual the service was outstanding, particularly from Daisy in the restaurant. The room was exceptional, luxurious and immaculate with an amazing en suite. The food was also excellent at breakfast and dinner. A fantastic trip

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2021

Came here for one night and picked a great weekend weatherwise! In fact, it was so hot we asked for aircon units to be delivered to the room and these were provided.The hotel staff were extremely friendly, efficient and professional, nothing was too much trouble. When we arrived they were deep in lunch service and they do a lot of covers but again, service was excellent- this hotel has it spot on with numbers and the standard of staff they employ.
Room was very clean and comfortable- great bed and lovely linen, good pillows too.
All in all, while I thought the room rate was expensive before I arrived, I absolutely cannot fault the hotel in any aspect so it is money well spent for a very relaxing break in a superb hotel. Even more so when the weather is good!!
All in all

Room tip: I didn't get to see them but the new suites look excellent.
Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

In common with most people, we have been unable to enjoy a good meal for a long time,, but our meal thus week, at the Marquid was as good as it has ever been. My companions and I had three different starters , and all were superb. They cook snails in a newfangled oven, which really brings out the flavour of the main ingredient. If I was being really fussy, I would have liked to have has a bit more garlic butter, on the snails. However, the half baguette was well-steeped in garlic, which made up for that which I felt was missing.
For starters, three of my friends had a Cornish crab concoction, which they all deemed excellent and the fourth one had scallops, which he deemed perfect.
For the main course, three chose fried catch of the day, which was hake in batter with skinny fries. It was perfectly cooked, nice and moist in a crisp batter, with nothing wet or soggy, and was duly devoured with gusto. One diner chose giant crab claw with tagliatelle, which he thoroughly enjoyed. For my own main course, I chose to have a second starter the scallops on black pudding with pea puree. The flavours were delicious, but I felt that the black pudding was a bit over-cooked, which made the meal a bit dry. The scallops were perfect. I ordered fat chips,which arrived almost ten minutes after my scallops, and they showed signs of having been kept warm for too long. Finally, I had asked the waitress to ask the chef to make some form of sauce to go with the scallops, which was forgotten, and a dish of mayonnaise was produced instead.
No bread was offered to us, except for my garlic bread, and we had to ask twice for a jug of iced water,
This lapse in service can easily be attributed to the lock-down, as the staff did not seem to be very focused on the second day back at work.
No worries, though, as I know that they will soon put things right, hence I gave them 5 stars, rather than fhe four which I had contemplated.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2021

Lunch here today for our first eating out meal after lockdown with my family, staff utterly professional, attentive, respectful and are clearly highly trained, therefore they deserve respect from customers in return, high quality food also. The owner should be proud of their staff.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 30 October 2020

Went recently for a midweek Dinner Bed and Breakfast stay. Have to say we very impressed by all aspects. They are trying very hard in difficult times and succeeding on all fronts. In particular great front of house staff who are having to multi task and again, doing it very well. We look forward to our next visit. !