All reviews nice hotel pasta long beach nice holiday great variety fantastic beach cleaned every day swimming pool crystal clear water clean beach lunch and dinner many choices kids corner nearest town working very hard fruit juice nice renovated rooms
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

It’s one of th few times in my life I have been twice in the same place. This year Almyra beach was even better as it renovated major part of the hotel (rooms/ pool / bars) and improved even more restaurant services. All employees are really helpful to find you solution and serve you with their heart. On top of we loved entertainment events , enjoyed the beautiful sea at the front and sea side sports !

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Varvadoukas
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I love Greece, it is my favorite country and Crete is now my favorite island. After vacationing in the beautiful area of Chania, I travelled to the other side of Crete where I stayed at Almyra. Everything was excellent, from the quick and professional service to the rooms and the hotel area. The atmosphere offers the absolute sense of relaxation everyone seeks for when he is on holiday. Thanks to everyone who works at the hotel and contributed to making this holiday special!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Our family of five had there two rooms for a week on July 2018.
Rooms: Rooms were nicely renovated and clean. Still for a 4 star hotel there were many things lacking: no full body mirror, no small mirror, no shelf in a shower (had to keep shampoos on a floor), bathroom amenities not filled during the week.
Restaurant and food: on a first day food was ok. But it didn't have any variation so finally we decided to have couple of dinners in Ierapetra. Also the quality of some meats was terrible. The soft drinks were cold and had bibles, which was a nice suprize... This is often problem in a Ai hotels.
The choices of snacks were not very large and little bit dull.
Breakfast had lot of sweet savories and I think salads and other veggies were missing (only cucumber and tomato). Also the cheese etc table was poor.
You could have freshly made juices, pancakes and omelettes. Only one problem was that hotel was too crowded and these had to be qued for.
The waitresses were polite and working hard. Too hard, if you ask me. There was too spots for omelettes and pancakes far away each other. And only one staff member taking care of both of these. In my opinion the restaurant was having management issues = too little workers.
Pool: Pool was quite big but very dirty due to high season. All our white and fair coulour swimming suites turned yellow.
Also there was not enough shades. And most of the shades were located on a not maintained sandy grass area. For a family hotel I would expect that there would be shade for every 2-4 sun beds.
Location: There is basically nothing on the area. But you can get easily to Ierapetrasta. You can ask Stelios the taxi driver to take you safely there with 13 €.He often stays at the hotel, ask the pool bar him or his number. He speaks English is very helpful and polite and has a nice car.
Service: mostly the staff was very polite and helpful. However, due to our flight schedule we were asking for extension of our stay with couple of hours. We were willing to pay about this. However time and a time again we were asked to return to the reception. We were told that there are available rooms to book, but they advised us not to book whole day since they would arrange us a room extension with 50 €. However as we came - again--to the counter on a last night to request the room for next day the lady who we had talked earlier was not available. I asked to see a manager. And suddenly a man on a counter asked in a rude way, why we wanted to meet a manager and he is the manager. I explained him and we were told by a hotel manager to come again next morning. So no room as promised... Annoyed I told the manager that I am not happy with the service. You would expect him to apologize this, but no he asked in a very rude way me not to use "that kind of tone" on him. So as a customer I was not allowed to sound annoyed after been asked te return to counter several times without a solution. I wasn't shouting or anything, just sounded like a customer that is not happy. I have never ever got this rude behavior from any hotel staff especially from a manager level. Next morning we finally got a extension with another room, but not with 50 € but 90 €. And room smelled like cigarettes.
So with these experiences I cannot recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mia S
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

The location is perfect by the long Beach. So u can chill by the beach with drinks from the beach bar. Very beautiful area with the gardens! Rooms are Okey, a little boring outside area. Booked with balcony but got ground floor. So would probably be better with balcony. Overall clean and good rooms. The food are not bad, but a little to repetitive. Breakfast was kinda boring and not so good. But totally alright for an al inclusive hotel!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We had a very nice week here with my mum. The beach is clear, only the guests of the hotel use it. The pool is also clear, and not too cold, like in many other hotels, it’s perfect. There are a lot of sunbeds, so you can easily find one, wherever you want :) People who work there are also nice :) drinks: there are two bars, one near the pool and another one near the beach you can drink cola, fruit juice (Poor of fruit), cocktails. I loved that, there was light coke also! :) food: they offer 2 types of fish every day, and they offered also seafood. Although, pasta, bread, vegetables, tzatziki etc. The lunch and the dinner were good, but the breakfast wasn’t the best for me. There are a lot of sweet food, but the choices of ham and cheese are poor. I liked the fruit salad in the bar. I can offer to anyone this lovely hotel! :)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family