“Lovely pub in a village setting”
Review of The Royal Oak

The Royal Oak
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a lovely old pub restaurant, serving delicious food. We have eaten there twice & each time has been a wonderful experience. The food is fresh & the vegetables in season. Delicious. We will certainly be going again.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely pub in a village setting. Friendly staff great local produce used. Value for money. Good choice of wines, beer and spirits.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Had a lovely lunch here, staff are very good and food is amazing. Three of us had the confit duck and it is the best we have ever had because a lot of places just can’t get it right. Atmosphere is good and is definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We had the duck & fillet steak and it was delicious, the service was friendly and kept the drinks flowing. Must say probably the best pub food I’ve ever had

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Had 2 great nights here whilst staying locally last summer. Called in again and everything was the same .Really friendly locals and staff. Great choice of ales, lagers ciders and gins.
Excellent quality food at reasonable price.
For me the quintessential village pub with the addition of great food, would recommend this highly if you are in the area.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant. We visited today for a family meal out (3 generations Inc a toddler) and could not fault any part of it.
We were greeted and shown to our table by warm and welcoming staff.
We ordered the roast (it was a Sunday) and a meal for our little girl.
I would like to highly praise the staff for bringing our little girls food out first.
As a parent it always annoys me when our food arrives and my LO then starts to get annoyed that hers isn't here yet and then it comes out at the same temperature as the sun and we have to try and cool it down. Not here, they brought it out before ours so I had the chance to cool it so she could eat with us. Big plus in my books.
The choice of food is fantastic and there are specials on the board every day (all locally sourced).
The food was sublime. Couldn't fault it in anyway. Cooked beautifully with great flavour. The puddings are to die for (especially their speciality in bread and butter puddings where the flavour combinations change regularly and definitely highly recommend.)
The choice of children's food was well thought out with consideration given to healthy food options.
There were also activity books and colouring pencils available to keep her entertained.
The staff bent over backwards to ensure that our visit was enjoyable and paid perticular attention to my LO ensuring she was happy and well catered for.
I would recommend this place to anyone and is well worth a visit.
It's a cosy and and friendly pub right in the heart of the village and I can't wait to eat here again.